Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

You guys are really making me change my mind on a 06 350Z!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 12:19 PM
jmillsUT28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot guys for the post! I have another question. I might just buy a low miles used 350Z. I see that some people are having problems with the 03. After looking around for 350Zs I see that there are always a lot more 03 for sale than the other years. Is this because of the problems the 03s are having? What else except for the tranny are they running into? I am really wanting a Lemans Sunset 6sp but they are very hard to find for the price I want to spend on a used car. I am seeing some in the 03 models tho. Should I stay away from the 03s? Looking for one with less than 30K miles on it.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:16 PM
lilquazyvietboi

if you think I would lower myself to your level, exchanging childish insults, you are wrong pal.
LOL... that just backfires on you with that comment.

"no, i won!"... "no you didnt, i won"... "i got here first, i won!" ... "my foot was here first, so i won"

no1 would exchange "childish insults" with you, if u kept problematic comments to urself. ok sir... just because you want to be the "higher level" guy. i bow to you then, just to make u feel happy... LOL

oh yea... and if u still dont get what... treating a Z like a Z... then ill give u another analogy.. HOPEFULLY... u would FINALLY... understand.

u walk into the adoption house, and there are two kid... one name a 350z, and another name a civic. the 350z has a health problem, let's assume asthma. while the other kid... is in awesome health. but the 350z is better looking. so... if u want the 350z... u should acknowledge her condition, and ignore that fact that she has asthma and will take care of her whatever is her needs. .... if you dont want to go with all the hassle of taking care of the 350z... u can always get a civic and have less problems on the health issue.

if u still dont understand, black duck... then i give up with you... LOL

anyways... im done with you... i am only wasting time with you if we go any further mr high level LOL
Old 11-27-2006, 01:22 PM
NVS_350Z

My friend had an 03 Z and it had about 25k miles on it. The axles were making noises so it was replace under warrenty, I believe there is a TSB on it. His tranmission 3/4 gear syncros went out but thats only cause he was racing it pretty hard and it was also covered with a new 05 transmission. He has like 40k now? I talked with him 3 months back and they replaced his motor cause it blew (again racing) and it was covered. So all I got to say is he is a real lucky bastard. He isnt the best person at taking care of a car and he usually beats it to death. Some dealership would not take those job under warrenty.

Its not hard to break a car. I've known of many 02-04 Celica GTS owners that have blown there motor at least once or more and RSX Type-s owners blowing their motors and ripping up the transmission syncros. These are examples of cars that can broken by drivers who dont care or dont know how to properly race/drive a car.

I even grinded my gears on my 04 Z from 1st to 2nd from shifting to fast. Had my transmission replaced on my 02 RSX. I was one of them!

Last edited by NVS_350Z; 11-27-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:25 PM
NVS_350Z

enough of these childish talk yah? More power to you for not acting a fool.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Nismospeed4life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmillsUT28
Long story short I just moved to NC from TN. House is for sale in TN. Will be making a very nice profit off of the house. Own a 3000GT which I will be trading in on a new car. Have a friend that works for Nissan which can get me employee discount on a Nissan. So after doing some research I figure why not just buy a new 06 350Z at the end of the year.

But then I found this forum!! (Which I think is a great tool) I started reading about the huge oil consumption problem that these 06 350Zs are having. Burning more than 1qt of oil every 1K miles. Having to get warranty work done and then still not having the problem fixed. Having a horrible time getting help from Nissan.

So I thought I had my mind made up on the 350Z. Even though it’s going to be a step down in HP compared to my FWD-TT 3000GT. But now I am in a stand still. I want a car that drives great and has good HP but still has the reliability of a daily driver. Need something that has a good warranty and good customer service when needed. But again after reading all of these threads about the oil consumption and terrible customer service I am confused!! So do I really have a reason to be?

If the 06 350Z seem to have a lot of problems are there any year that is the best? 03, 04, or the 05 years? I know that there is not one car that is perfect and that their will always be someone complaining about it. I just want to find a fun to drive reliable car that is worth the money.

Really just looking for some advice. I like the look of the 350Z and like the power it has (eventho I wish it had more) I just want to make the right decision when buying my new car. Any help? Do I have a reason why I should not buy a 350Z?
Consumer Reliability Report for 2006 350Z
Attached Thumbnails You guys are really making me change my mind on a 06 350Z!!-reliability07.jpg  
Old 12-03-2006, 06:20 PM
bhobson333

Originally Posted by jmillsUT28
Should I stay away from the 03s?
Copied from another post, sorry to be redundant but I wanted to make sure jmills saw this:
I pre-ordered my 2003 Silverstone Track model before anyone had seen them in the US. (September 2002). I drive the **** out of it, taking it aggressively and deliberately to 6000 RPM or more every time I drive it, starting at 100 miles on the odometer (picked it up with 7).

I daily-drove it for a couple of years, now at 42,000 miles I mainly run track events (HPDE) at VIR, Roebling Road, Rockingham. It is bone stock, except for brake pads and tires, and a K&N air filter.

Aside from a few NTB's (kinda like a recall but less urgent) I have had zero problems with the car. The harder I drive it, the easier it is to drive. It behaves beautifully on road and on-track, and my instructors have heaped praise on the car for its stability and predictability. (Nice to have Miata & BMW drivers praising the 350Z! ) I can't be happier.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Black Duck

Originally Posted by bhobson333
Copied from another post, sorry to be redundant but I wanted to make sure jmills saw this:

Lets hope lilquazyvietboi reads it too!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:22 PM
lilquazyvietboi

^_-

i have a 350z w/ no problems at all and i drive it hard all the time too.

black duck... are u smoking crack? what does that has to do with anything?

do you even understands ANYTHING at all???
Old 12-04-2006, 01:40 PM
NVS_350Z

he is talking about not buying a used Z cause people drive the **** out of them just like you.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:05 PM
SilverAlloyZR

I have an 06 and it is my daily driver...90 miles daily...no problems...no oil consumption...no anything! The Z is an awesome car!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:19 PM
bhobson333

Originally Posted by NVS_350Z
he is talking about not buying a used Z cause people drive the **** out of them just like you.
Wait just a minute there. Your statement seems to imply that "driving the **** out of them" is necessarily a bad thing.

I have always heard that, with modern cars, you should drive them from the beginning as you intend to drive them forever. In other words, (and I have heard horror stories about this scenario) if you take a car that has been grannied for 50,000 miles and start driving it aggressively, the engine will just freaking fall apart. It has to do with the lash of the pistons and the wear of the cylinders.

My point is, if you want a high-performance sports car (like, say, a Track model 350Z) you should drive it like a high performance sports car from very early on in its life and continually. I did extensive research before I took delivery and this is the best advice I found. It has borne out well. At 42,000 miles my Z eagerly runs to redline and burns very little oil (Royal Purple BTW). It is a joy to drive and does not seem to have suffered from "hard use".

Last edited by bhobson333; 12-04-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Black Duck

Originally Posted by lilquazyvietboi
^_-

i have a 350z w/ no problems at all and i drive it hard all the time too.

black duck... are u smoking crack? what does that has to do with anything?

do you even understands ANYTHING at all???
What is your deal pal?? First you tell everyone to treat a 350z differently cause they break easily and now you are saying you rag your car and have no problems. A total focking contradiction wouldn't you say? Good one.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Abishop

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you kidding me? Buy the damn car!
Old 12-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Black Duck

lilquazyvietboi says........

"If you dont want to go with all the hassle of taking care of the 350z... u can always get a civic and have less problems on the health issue."

and then later.........

"I have a 350z w/ no problems at all and i drive it hard all the time too."

Old 12-08-2006, 04:53 AM
j.GLOVER

i love internet drama.