Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Lien Release...WTF

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:23 PM
IluvIt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lien Release...WTF

Quick question. I just paid off my Z because I'm trying to sell it and NMAC is telling me that it's going to take 15 f..king biz days to release it to me. So, now, because I have to wait 15 days I may lose the sale. Why are they holding it for so GD long?
Old 03-01-2007, 12:28 PM
push

Originally Posted by IluvIt
Quick question. I just paid off my Z because I'm trying to sell it and NMAC is telling me that it's going to take 15 f..king biz days to release it to me. So, now, because I have to wait 15 days I may lose the sale. Why are they holding it for so GD long?
That was about the processing time it took to get my title from the bank. I just wrote up a bill of sale to the buyer stating I would send the title as soon as received or I would refund their money, had them sign it (they didn't care about getting it notarized) and they took the car. When I got the title, I put it in a next day fedex, with tracking and sent it on it's way.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:31 PM
I1DER

Show the receipt from the bank named on the title or have the buyer get a statement from them that it was paid off and what the procedure is.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:51 PM
IluvIt

Default thanks

I have a fax from NMAC saying it's been paid off. The MVA WILL NOT accept that though unless it's faxed directly to them. I think I'll go the bill of sale route if the buyer accepts. Thanks for the quick reply.