Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:13 AM
raycs7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go for it.. especially with issues with the Max.
My Z has 95k, VDC,pulls strong... NO issues.
.....It will go to a new owner soon though..

......"need one to pay half my bills too?"
Old 05-01-2007, 10:14 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...ps.aspx?page=2

Some good info from a expert on this. You might want to read it to give you some ideas.

Do not refinance your Maxima. That is the worst thing you can do because you need to pay all the taxes again, and extend your payments usually.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:18 AM
pcressey

Can you consolidate your hospital bills into a low interest account? Have you called the company that is handling your account and ask them about options to help you financially?

On the other hand, 8% interest is not bad for having a low 600 credit score... that is a steal actually. I believe the current federal reserve interest rate is 5.25% so you are only 2.75% over that lowest interest you could possibly get (and banks won't even give you that with a 800+ credit score, perhaps some credit unions).

Go for it... and really focus on paying those hospital bills on time... and if you can't make the payment call them and let them know your situation and send in as much as you can.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Spoolin Z

Originally Posted by G35_TX
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...ps.aspx?page=2

Some good info from a expert on this. You might want to read it to give you some ideas.

Do not refinance your Maxima. That is the worst thing you can do because you need to pay all the taxes again, and extend your payments usually.
Talk to a credit union, they will not require you to pay taxes again (at least not in MA) since you are not buying the car from yourself....

You can choose the term length you want 36mths to 72mths.

DO NOT GO TO A BANK TO DO THIS.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Spoolin Z

Originally Posted by pcressey
Can you consolidate your hospital bills into a low interest account? Have you called the company that is handling your account and ask them about options to help you financially?

On the other hand, 8% interest is not bad for having a low 600 credit score... that is a steal actually. I believe the current federal reserve interest rate is 5.25% so you are only 2.75% over that lowest interest you could possibly get (and banks won't even give you that with a 800+ credit score, perhaps some credit unions).

Go for it... and really focus on paying those hospital bills on time... and if you can't make the payment call them and let them know your situation and send in as much as you can.
I agree.

Sometimes hospitals will be willing to negotiate the actual bill if you don't have insurance. I'm sure you've already tried, however you should at least try to lower the interest rate by telling them that you've made X amount of on time payments and do not plan to default. This shows them that you're not as much of a risk as they thought and they will lower your interest rate. You have to be persistent with it though.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:26 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Spoolin Z
Talk to a credit union, they will not require you to pay taxes again (at least not in MA) since you are not buying the car from yourself....

You can choose the term length you want 36mths to 72mths.

DO NOT GO TO A BANK TO DO THIS.

LOL! Sorry but I did this back in 98 on a Maxima. Refinanced it with a Credit Union and had to pay the taxes. It all added an extra 3k~ to the price of the loan. It only saved me 100 bucks a month and dropped the interested down 2%. Wasn't worth it in the long run.

Again, take it from people who have experience in this area. Get the Z at that low interest rate, have a new car, and warranty, and it will be paid off just as fast.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:41 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I didn't read your post, but, go ahead and buy it..
Old 05-02-2007, 08:37 PM
twitch579

Ok got the Z!!! And man ive never fell in love with a car before like this.

Its to late to post real pics but heres some from the auto trader of my baby before I took her home. Will post real pics with me tomorrow.

http://tbautomall.com/productlist.htm

LOOK BELOW THE PICTURES!!! Theres a link to " VIEW MORE PHOTOS" There will be real interior shots there.

Check out the custom leather seats someone had put in. They must have destroyed theres to get new Leather . There beautiful seats and there REAL leather. Suede centers.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:49 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Congrats.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:33 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Congratz. Looks like a very clean 350z.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:14 AM
raycs7

awesome...
just found a 1987 Max with 81k no rust, no major issues..
5 speed runs and drives great 900 bux..

Just needs cleaning after parked for a year with occasional starts..
Old 06-01-2007, 08:14 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

2004 Enth. Black/Black 6MT.

You don't mess around. Congratulations.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Ziggyrama

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
LOL! Sorry but I did this back in 98 on a Maxima. Refinanced it with a Credit Union and had to pay the taxes. It all added an extra 3k~ to the price of the loan. It only saved me 100 bucks a month and dropped the interested down 2%. Wasn't worth it in the long run.

Again, take it from people who have experience in this area. Get the Z at that low interest rate, have a new car, and warranty, and it will be paid off just as fast.
TO the OP, congratulations. I got my Z few weeks ago and I am still on the honeymoon with it. I love the car and everything about it.....except for the factory radio Piece of junk, sounds like crap. I will be fixing that sometime in the future with an mp3 player.

Anyways, I digress. Solo-350Z, what someone mentioned about not paying taxes is partially true. It really depends what state you're going to register the car in. I am also in MA and I can tell you that most of the time, IF, and that is a big IF, if you can roll the car over as part of a single transaction with a dealer or a credit union or bank, you only pay the difference on taxes, if there is one. You ofcourse do not get a refund if it's in your favor. That would be too good to be true. Sounds like your state operates differently. For example, if I go to a dealer, buy a car and trade something else in, I pay taxes on the difference between the values of the new car and the trade-in, not the whole amount for the new car. We get a break like that here although they stuff it to us on other taxes here. So, depending where you live, option to refinance may or may not be worth exploring. You really have to run the numbers and see if it makes sense.