Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Pricing on a new 350Z ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003 | 11:58 AM
vo350z

Default Pricing on a new 350Z ???

Just wondering what kind of deals are you guys getting for a new 350Z. Around the Metro DC area, I've only seen $500 below MSRP for the 2003. Nothing yet for the 2004 model.
Old 09-30-2003 | 12:08 PM
cincyspider

I was offered $2000 off fully loaded model on the lot, except for NAV system which I wanted. Finally struck a deal for dealer to flatbed one into OH from VA for $1000 off invoice.

Last edited by cincyspider; 09-30-2003 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-30-2003 | 12:20 PM
Tweety-nator

Got $1000 off MSRP for a 2004 350Z Enthusiast, expecting delivery in late November, early December. This is in WA state.
Old 09-30-2003 | 12:34 PM
dchengmd

Got $3100 off MSRP on a 2004 Performance w/ nav via VPP - that came to about $800 below invoice. It's currently on order, but I have no idea when it'll arrive.

Be warned, though - it's a major pain in the butt to find a dealer that will honor VPP on a Z.

Last edited by dchengmd; 09-30-2003 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-16-2003 | 08:26 PM
mistahbruin

Originally posted by dchengmd
Got $3100 off MSRP on a 2004 Performance w/ nav via VPP - that came to about $800 below invoice. It's currently on order, but I have no idea when it'll arrive.

Be warned, though - it's a major pain in the butt to find a dealer that will honor VPP on a Z.
Which dealer did you get to honor your VPP? I've been looking for what seems like forever. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2003 | 09:07 PM
dchengmd

Originally posted by mistahbruin
Which dealer did you get to honor your VPP? I've been looking for what seems like forever. Thanks.
Got mine at Power Nissan in Irvine, CA. There are only 2 dealerships in Southern California that will honor it - Cerritos Nissan and Power.

I'd stay away from Cerritos, though - it's a dealership full of scumbags. The guys at Irvine were the absolute best team I've ever had the pleasure to deal with, and in my search for my Z I must have called and/or visited every dealership within 75 miles of Los Angeles. Even though they were selling to me below invoice, they were nice enough to try to arrange a swap with another dealership just to get the color I wanted.
Old 10-16-2003 | 11:28 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Got my 03" EnthuZiast for $26,900 in Chicago.
Old 10-17-2003 | 01:12 AM
jreiter

How the heck are you people getting deals like this? Every dealer I talk to just keeps offering msrp. How do you pull off getting one for invoice? Geez.
Old 10-17-2003 | 08:22 AM
marhot

Originally posted by jreiter
How the heck are you people getting deals like this? Every dealer I talk to just keeps offering msrp. How do you pull off getting one for invoice? Geez.
I dont' know if you'll be able to get a Z for TRUE invoice.

You have to do some serious negotiation. In my experiences, the dealership will always ask MSRP or higher. If you are ready to buy and spend a little time, you should get the price down.

I didn’t negotiate as tough has I could/should have, but I got mine $1,275 under MSRP. I probably could have gotten another $500-1000, or so off if I’ll stormed out of the showroom and waited for the salesman to call me back the next day. I’m too old for that game anymore and they had the car I wanted so I settled.

It also depends on the market you’re in and the stock on hand. If there is only one Nissan dealership in your area for 100 miles and they only have one Z on the lot, you probably are not going to get them to come down on the price.

Good luck…
Old 10-17-2003 | 08:39 AM
cincyspider

Go to the Nissan site and do a search for the car you are looking for....ie, color, options, etc....then go to local dealer and say you want that one for $xxxx under MSRP and they flatbed it in. Or if not too far, call that dealer over the phone and do the deal...go for at least $2k under MSRP if it's on their lot. $1K for a flatbed in should also work. That's exactly what I did.

I turned down the $2k off for one on the lot as it did not have my NAV system! So I found a dealer only 50 mi away that agreed to flatbed mine in from the East coast to OH at $1K off...
Old 10-17-2003 | 09:04 AM
kbomb

VO350z,

Im in the MC area as you are. I was offered 800 off 2003 model last february. Even a 1000 in April. You just have to tell them up front. THey'll give u the line likes its a hot car and all that crap. Just go to nissan site and look at inventory,,,there are so many.
Try using carmax as I bargainning tool. They have the best no hassle price and they are a Nissan dealership in WHitemarsh.

K
Old 10-17-2003 | 09:19 AM
EnthuZiast

Go to places where it is winter. Heck... call North SHore Nissan where I went. Ask for John H. and tell him that Tom says you want a great deal and "you know he got me a great deal." I didnt quit till I called all around the country. Work the salesman EGO...."man you guys are so helpful, you guys can get such good deals here...im gonna tell my friend etc..." People are willing to deal and do not be afraid to hurt a salesmans feeling....as he would not be afraid to sell you the car for full pop and then some.
T
Old 10-17-2003 | 04:59 PM
miZer

lol its funny listening to you guys talk about salesman.

You guys go out there for 12 hours a day and deal with a bunch of dead-beat customers that only want to get prices and go on test drives with no intent to buy.

You can bash all you want... but salesman put up with a lot of ****. I know because I have been in the business for about a year now. Long enough to see how it works.

Show some empathy guys...

jeremy
Old 10-17-2003 | 05:30 PM
DC5Speed

Show some to the customer to!
Old 10-17-2003 | 05:35 PM
jreiter

Originally posted by miZer
Show some empathy guys...

Here is a great read for anyone who wants to understand what car sales people have to go through:

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying...ng.buying..4.*

After reading this, I try to remind myself that it's not usually the sales people who are jerks, but rather the high-pressure culture of the dealership which pushes them to be that way. Some dealerships push their sales people so hard that the sales people end up pushing the customers really hard. That's a no-win situation for everyone involved. While I absolutely hate that kind of dealership and I will *not* buy a car from such a place, I do nonetheless empathize with the sales people. They are sort of stuck in the middle between customers who don't want to be pushed and super pushy managers. Ugh.
Old 10-17-2003 | 06:34 PM
EL Diablo

Dealers were stuck on MSRP. for the TRACK I traded for. I walked from 2 of em because they wouldnt budge. Finally gave in for my TRACK when the one I wanted was available and I didnt care about a few bucks. I wanted the car right then and there. and I bought it. The TRACK didnt seem to be available at many dealerships, I see loads of Touring models.
I have no regrets in the price I paid. My DEMON keeps me sane,
I can hear it calling to me. Sometimes. it calls me from the garage "Diablo" it says. "I am the Evil inside, let me show you the way" and it is, and it does. and it was worth every penny!

Last edited by EL Diablo; 10-17-2003 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-17-2003 | 06:40 PM
EnthuZiast

I am a salesman(not car...thank god) and I do sympathise with some of these guys. But you have to realize that Nissan takes a bunch of high school kids and college drop out and throws them against the wall to see who sticks. Alot of these people don't know what they are talking about and alot have no clue how to serve the customer without insulting their intelligence.
Im not saying they all deserve a bad rap but some of the people at the dealerships I go to are a joke.
Old 10-17-2003 | 07:00 PM
Pit Bull

Bought a lot of cars Most of the time I have a trade. Got to know what the market is on your trade before you know if you are getting a good deal. I got KBB trade excellant for my trade and $2000 off of MSRP for the Z. Felt right to me. The whole deal took about 1 hour. Salemen was new and this was his first Z sale. Nice guy.
Old 10-17-2003 | 07:02 PM
kbomb

My friend is a salesman for Infinity and I know its a tough job.
But there is a big difference trying to make a buck and trying to sell a 25K car for 35k.

THe real enemy is the finance managers behind the back.
Old 10-17-2003 | 09:21 PM
miZer

I understand what your saying about some salesman not knowing jack about what they are selling... its kinda why I decided to get into the business. I like to know that the people I talk to are treated well and I do the best job I can possibly do for them. But when it comes down to pricing, the salesman has almost no control over the price. Finance managers and the owner are responsible for that at the dealership I work for. Hell im not even supposed to give prices for anything unless it has a window sticker already.

*shrug*

can't have soft skin in this business. For the customers out there... do some research before coming to the dealership. Just so you have some ball park figures and know what to expect price-wise.

jeremy

Quick Reply: Pricing on a new 350Z ???