Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Is it worth it? good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 11:32 PM
gus738

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth it? good deal?

Hi New here first post! awesome forum!

im friends with my local used dealership (family owned) his not mine. so i asked him about the lexus is350 long story short i cant do it right now, so then he said let me look for something thats just as fast and reliable. so he got a 2006 nissan 350z with 50k and its a auto transmission

I didnt get to see it in the past because of work and today when i got off work he was about to leave but he gave me the keys to turn it on.

The car

Now the car has a supercharger its a vortech and it also has brembo brakes
and leather its not a convertible.

and he put it for sale for $16,999 plus fees i was hoping to get $15,000 otd he said let me think about $16k otd and hes going to tell me tomorrow a yes or no.

so i've been reading for the past days,And i saw that theirs issues with oil consumption but mostly for the manual transmission and tire wear, is this the only known issue?

So yeah what you guys think, comment away.

Background

A little bit from me here goes, first english is not my first language so excuse me if i misspell. I like reliable cars and Japan cars, i started with a 2006 honda civic Ex (not si) it was reliable and confortable later I was involved in a accident (im ok so far) i didnt fix it until i knew how much i was going to put into it and how much would it cost me to get a turbo and cost/hp gains but it wasnt the easiest task (it was an auto and no tuners in my area) so i said i want another car that is close to 300 hp. I also never owned a supercharged/turbo'd car. I have aim so drop me a msg

PS: sorry if this is in the wrong area can someone please move it to the proper area)

Last edited by gus738; 08-27-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:43 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Can you afford to maintain a car with forced-induction?
Old 08-28-2009, 07:30 AM
duro78

stay away from a car that was boosted already especially from a dealer because no one has a clue how much care or lack of went into the build or any abuse. Auto tranny ehhh..
You have no idea what condition that motor is in staaaay awaay
Old 08-28-2009, 09:04 AM
gus738

Well if i can afford the car i should be able to afford any expenses Although i never had a forced-induction before and man i wasnt hoping to hear that, I also forgot to mention i was told that in 1 year time my credit should be built enough to get a lexus is350 so by then they will take the car back as long as i keep it in top shape, (its a long story they've been trying to help me get a car for a while)

so i have a great um whats the word to use establishment or healthy relationship with them.

Anyhow the car should last me 1 year no?