Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

How much would you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 11:24 PM
350zjason350z
Know it all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See if they have pics of the car when it was crashed.... I'd be super extensive like sum of the stuff that was wrong with my car I didn't even understand why it was the way it was.... Prolly take it to a shop and have it looked at .... And I'd take the front bumper off if it was hit in the front ... Like you don't want that car if they took short cuts on fixing stuff... I'd also take and see if air bags are bolted down on the pass side cause mine weren't ....ummm see if any connectors not connected in the engine bay leaks any fluid .... Man I mean I really regretted buying my car ..... But I've got most the kinks worked out now .... I'd get and s2000 if I was to do it over... But I love my z
Old 07-15-2012, 05:52 AM
FuriousPorkchop

Originally Posted by 350zjason350z
See if they have pics of the car when it was crashed.... I'd be super extensive like sum of the stuff that was wrong with my car I didn't even understand why it was the way it was.... Prolly take it to a shop and have it looked at .... And I'd take the front bumper off if it was hit in the front ... Like you don't want that car if they took short cuts on fixing stuff... I'd also take and see if air bags are bolted down on the pass side cause mine weren't ....ummm see if any connectors not connected in the engine bay leaks any fluid .... Man I mean I really regretted buying my car ..... But I've got most the kinks worked out now .... I'd get and s2000 if I was to do it over... But I love my z
What do you mean about the airbags? Like they weren't installed properly?

This vehicle I'm looking at does not come with airbags, I'll have to buy and install or pay to have them installed. How much does that cost?

The car was hit in the front left, through the hood being raised the owner could point out a lot of what was being replaced but I'll ask about pics of when it was hit.

Besides having a mechanic look at it is there much more to look for then what you said?

The current owner is #2 and he bought it with 19k miles and it was already salvaged then rebuilt. Over 21k miles he has had no problems he claims so I'm thinking if he has had the car almost 3 years then he is probably being true when he says there is nothing wrong mechanically/electrically. He just got an 03 Corvette salvaged and is now selling the 350z. He does body work for a living (he said been doing it for almost 20yrs now) so I believe he has a lot of connections in the car repair trade, which is why I'm excited that the car could have been treated perfectly or slightly scared if something went wrong he will know the best way to cover it up. Seems like he has a champagne diet on a beer budget so he buys salvage to fulfill his wants.

I'm gonna have him take the car to my mechanic soon and hopefully he can tell me what I don't know. Also gonna run a carfax soon.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:38 AM
350zjason350z
Know it all

Well I dunno man 12 k is a lot of money for a salvage car .. That isn't fixed.... Dude I would just dodge this bullet .... How much are u looking spend ... U could get a z for less then what he is asking that isn't crashed I'd look around for while ...