Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Looking 4 2008 350z Touring 6 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 06:07 AM
ZTroy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Looking 4 2008 350z Touring 6 Speed

I am looking for a Silver 2008 350z Touring, Grey/Black Leather Interior, Hardtop, 6 Speed with low miles. I have several questions:

1. Does it come standard with a Nav and Backup Camera?
2. What variations of Silver are available in that year (I think less options are available)? Which is the one with the most metallic flakes?
3. What is the stock tire sizes on the car?
4. Thread moved or deleted but my 1st question on here had to do with addressing blind spots with convex mirrors or clips ones specifically the rear view mirror.
5. Backup Cameras.. Lots of questions.
6. Why am I finding so many cars with this criteria with burnt orange seats?

Last edited by ZTroy; 02-15-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:26 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

If you are serious about the car, do some of your own research first. Two things are very helpful in a situation like this:

Search function & Google

Last edited by Syner; 02-15-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:14 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

So wait you which submodel you want but you don't know what comes standard for each submodel?

Here are some questions that you should be thinking about:
What are you looking to get out of a 350Z?
Are you all about performance, or about having all the creature comforts?
What is your budget?
What is more important to you? Options or mileage?
What things do you NEED to have?
Do you plan on modding it? Basic stuff or going to spend a pretty penny?
Old 02-15-2013, 09:21 AM
ZTroy

I seen different options on a Touring model. I am not sure what all comes standard.

Let me answer your questions:

I am looking to get a 350Z because its a beautiful car with exotic handling and performance. Its big enough to give me plenty of room. I just sold my 2003 BreakMyWallet Z4 2.5i. I used to own a 300ZX back in my mid 20's and I LOVED IT.

I am about Performance and Creature comforts. I test drove an Enthusiast 2008 Model a couple of weeks ago for the 1st time. I was a bit overwhelmed by all the controls.

I haven't heard great reviews about gas mileage. I was told to test drive a Toyota Scion FR-S that has better gas mileage. I can't get over the looks and the 350z has much better curves.

I need to have Leather Seats most of all. Stability Control a big plus.

I am not planning on modding it. The performance exceeds my expectations in a True Sports Car.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:26 AM
ehaalandtluk

350z does not have exotic handling nor performance.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:09 AM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not exotic, but it pretty good on both counts.

I've driven the FR-S (automatic and manual), and it's not even in the same league as the HR Z. It's noisier, too.

My '08 touring coupe doesn't have the nav or back-up camera. I'm pretty sure the camera was never an option on the 350Z.

Mine is silver alloy. It's lighter and better looking than the carbon silver, but there no metal flakes in it that I can see.

Based on what I've read, I'd steer clear of the 6mt because of the clutch CSC and synchronizer issues. The 5AT is really nice, and it's essentially bullet-proof.

If you're serious about getting a Z, and can do with an automatic, get in touch by PM. I'm pretty close to deciding to sell mine, and a good offer might tip me over the balance point.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:29 PM
HK350 Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The 2008 came with CD009 tranny,the last revision , I have over 94K on my factory clutch, he should steer clear of any 2007 or below.I have seen some post about issues on 2008 models but I def would not point anyone towards an autotragic instead.I have had my 08 since 24k miles was on her...
Old 02-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Blu Hvn

Based on your desire for leather seats I suggest a Touring or Grand Touring.

Some Z's have been fitted with aftermarket leather seat covers but the factory are heated.

Oh, and nav is an option. A $2,000 option as I recall. I think buying a Garmin makes more sense and cents.

Good luck.

Dan
Old 02-15-2013, 06:18 PM
whitelightningHR

Originally Posted by ZTroy
I am looking for a Silver 2008 350z Touring, Grey/Black Leather Interior, Hardtop, 6 Speed with low miles. I have several questions:

1. Does it come standard with a Nav and Backup Camera?
2. What variations of Silver are available in that year (I think less options are available)? Which is the one with the most metallic flakes?
3. What is the stock tire sizes on the car?
4. Thread moved or deleted but my 1st question on here had to do with addressing blind spots with convex mirrors or clips ones specifically the rear view mirror.
5. Backup Cameras.. Lots of questions.
6. Why am I finding so many cars with this criteria with burnt orange seats?
I have a '08 touring 350z 6mt with 62k miles. Runs like a champ. No issues.
1.Only Grand Touring gives you option of Nav (camera was never an option)
2.They make a silver and gray. I think gray has the metallic flakes
3.Stock tires are 225/18 front and 245/18 rear. If you get Grand Touring its 245/18 front and 265/19 rear.

Hope this helps. And this is very easy to find oforum or this fourm.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:22 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

08 Touring or Grand Touring will meet your needs. Don't get an AT unless your a girl. Be a man and get a 6 speed.

I honestly love my base 08, the 07-08 engine is much better than the previous years plus I think the updates makes the car look much better. I think the DE years looks a bit dated. I got a base because I found 1 with 2k miles and I am not into creature comforts like leather and steering wheel controls, I just like to drive, which I feel the Z is about, it's a driver's car.

Every once in a while I wouldn't mind heated seats or bose system so if you like that stuff definitely get a Touring. If you want Brembo brakes also and maybe navigation, find yourself a Grand Touring.

Good luck!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:09 AM
YardieXplorer

Originally Posted by whitelightningHR
I have a '08 touring 350z 6mt with 62k miles. Runs like a champ. No issues.
1.Only Grand Touring gives you option of Nav (camera was never an option)
2.They make a silver and gray. I think gray has the metallic flakes
3.Stock tires are 225/18 front and 245/18 rear. If you get Grand Touring its 245/18 front and 265/19 rear.

Hope this helps. And this is very easy to find oforum or this fourm.
Originally Posted by Blu Hvn
Based on your desire for leather seats I suggest a Touring or Grand Touring.

Some Z's have been fitted with aftermarket leather seat covers but the factory are heated.

Oh, and nav is an option. A $2,000 option as I recall. I think buying a Garmin makes more sense and cents.

Good luck.

Dan
Some Touring models came with the navigation. The first Z I test drove was a 04 black Touring and it had the burnt orange seats along with the navigation and bose. I later bought a silver 04 Touring with all the options except Navi. I currently use my phone for a gps but that is becoming annoying while trying to change gears. One of my future mods that I would suggest to the OP is possibly changing the headunit that has a built in navigation. I have been looking at the various Pioneer Avic models etc..