Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

New 04 Z pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 07:53 PM
DragonGcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 04 Z pricing?

Well, I sucked it up, and drove 45 miles to Universal City Nissan.

It is one of the worst dealerships ever. There is NO showroom, and it is BEAT UP. The actual salesman did take us seriously though, upon seeing our parked G35c. At the main lot they displayed very bad 350Z's.

I soon found out they had Track Z's at a different lot. This one was 3 blocks down and 3 level under a private parking structure. There I found exactly what I wanted. 2004.5 Black Track w/ Nav. BRAND NEW. They had kept it garaged all this time. It had 12 miles, probably never been test driven, so I took it for a spin. It was AWESOME. My G35 drivability doesn't even compare...

They said they would give me "invoice".. $35,700. Edmunds.com says the invoice with all options is $34,414... On the phone, my dad told them their price was too high. They said too bad.

I'm so heartbroken. Since they are so big of a dealer, they do not even care about one lost customer. They can't try to sell an 04 model when the 05 models are released at such a high price though. Anyone think I can get them to go lower?
Old 11-02-2004, 08:06 PM
daddyz

I bought mine for 34,000. The trick is to go at the end of the month. The sales people are hungry and need to get their quota. Just mt 2 cents worth.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:48 PM
jackie chan

price the car out on carsdirect.com...edmunds is not always correct, but generally within a few hundred
Old 11-03-2004, 04:31 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try to get the dealer lower but if you found the car you really want, I certainly would not let a 1300 delta stop me from getting it.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:57 PM
crazygideon

Try Buena Park Nissan, 3 months ago when I was Z shopping, they offered 100 over invoice on any Z on the lot. They didnt have my car so I eventually got one at Corona NIssan for 500 over invoice. Definately get a dialogue going with the fleet/internet manager first.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:09 AM
Vash350Z

I paid 37600 (sticker) for my 04 Track with every single option. When i ordered it i literally said that i wanted everything lol
Old 11-04-2004, 10:55 AM
jackie chan

well, for your reference, the most loaded track z in the south east right now has an invoice of 34.4k. Maybe there was a misunderstanding of the numbers to you. Maybe it was invoice plus dealer fees??????
Old 11-04-2004, 07:10 PM
DragonGcoupe

Well the actual pricing that carsdirect and edmunds are giving me is $36,000 within a couple hundred of each other. I think this is still way too high considering the price hit I'm going to take by buying an 04 model in November... The car itself is tucked away so I'm not afraid it's going to be sold quickly... I guess I'll have to take the chance and try to negotiate it with some time... Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:35 AM
BILL LOMENICK

I purchased my Z from Universal City Nissan and would never
set foot in the place again. I have talked my daughter and
several others out of dealing with them and would advise you
to stay away also. I have delt with many dealers and there was
only one that was worse than Universal City Nissan and that dealer
ended up spending time in jail.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:28 PM
DragonGcoupe

They are the worst dealer hands down. The problem is they have the only 350Z pretty much anywhere that I want.

I cannot find another Super Black 04.5 Track that is fully loaded. The good thing about them is they store the car in an underground parking structure .. So the car is practically brand new. I don't want them to take my money, but it looks like I don't really have a choice. I guess they can keep the money for storing it in such good condition for me. It had TWELVE miles when I testdrove it. Hasn't even been sitting in the sun all this time. I couldn't believe it.

It was the complete opposite of the dealership. The worst looking dealership I've ever been to. The Z I wanted had so much dust on it, if I bought it, I would opt for them to not even clean it up for me. I don't want them to scratch it. It sucks that they are the biggest dealer in USA so they don't have to deal with me...
Old 11-05-2004, 01:50 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Everybody has their own set of priorities in buying a car. For me, most important is buying exactly the car I want after doing some research on the various models. Second is price. When buying my Brick the first criteria was a Brickyard without a spoiler. At the time I wanted to buy there was precisely one (1) Brick w/o a spoiler in the state of Cali (at least according to the dealer seach on the Nissan site). It was a Performance model at a dealer 300 miles south of me. I was targeting an Enthusiast but ended up upgrading to the Performance I located, paying to have it driven to my house, & paid MSRP (which was a "street" deal in 2002).

My top end was MSRP; not one dime over & no dealer adds. Thank goodness the dealer agreed.

Point is you may have to decide which is more important among (1) price, (2) exact car/equipment you want, and (3) time.

If you decide to buy from Universal, you can always go to a different dealer for service. And I surely do agree on not letting them wash, shine, or otherwise touch the car!!
Old 11-05-2004, 01:52 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

By the way, have you tried the dealer search on the Nissan site?

By entering different zip codes or cities you can search virtually every dealer in Cali.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:13 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Had a few minutes so went to the Nissan site & entered LA in search for 350Z. Here is link (if it works):

http://www.config.nissanusa.com/Disp...searchState=CA

There is a Black Track in Alhambra at Wondries Nisssan...........but, alas, no Nav.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:35 PM
jackie chan

if you really want navi i wouldnt get the Nissan stuff, i cant stand the navi unit. for the money I would go aftermarket, so much more for the money.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:51 PM
KyleB

Originally posted by BILL LOMENICK
I purchased my Z from Universal City Nissan and would never
set foot in the place again. I have talked my daughter and
several others out of dealing with them and would advise you
to stay away also. I have delt with many dealers and there was
only one that was worse than Universal City Nissan and that dealer
ended up spending time in jail.
They sold 524 cars last month, so you need to start telling a lot more people.

On Z's, it generally boils down to who has the car that you want.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:15 PM
jackie chan

and they did 569 the month before..i have noticed that thier csi is always weak though
Old 11-05-2004, 03:29 PM
DragonGcoupe

Thanks for the advice BYR, but yes I have used that function many times before. This is how I knew that this dealership has had this car for a while. In fact they had two of the exact same one, but sold one about a month ago. This one has been chilling here for a while, and is indeed the only one without 100 miles that is fully loaded, and black...

I've thought about aftermarket, but I really just want everything to be factory. I'm not a fan of heavy mods, and the only real mods I intend to do to this car are add MBQuart Q-Line speakers and a JL amp on the existing shitty HU (I want it stealth), a Tein FLEX w/ EDFC, a tint, and some real tires. Basically I don't want anything to seem aftermarket... That is how I came up with the decision to to get the OEM nav. I also considered getting an 05 track, but I really hate the empty cubby hole.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:22 PM
350vengeance

dealers here in nor-cal seems ask alot more than the invoice price.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:24 AM
jackie chan

Originally posted by DragonGcoupe
Thanks for the advice BYR, but yes I have used that function many times before. This is how I knew that this dealership has had this car for a while. In fact they had two of the exact same one, but sold one about a month ago. This one has been chilling here for a while, and is indeed the only one without 100 miles that is fully loaded, and black...

I've thought about aftermarket, but I really just want everything to be factory. I'm not a fan of heavy mods, and the only real mods I intend to do to this car are add MBQuart Q-Line speakers and a JL amp on the existing shitty HU (I want it stealth), a Tein FLEX w/ EDFC, a tint, and some real tires. Basically I don't want anything to seem aftermarket... That is how I came up with the decision to to get the OEM nav. I also considered getting an 05 track, but I really hate the empty cubby hole.
I know you say you want it factory, but have you tried the nav? IMO its not very user friendly, I mean i could get use to it, but still it wouldnt be my choice for the dough. PM me if you have any questions....
Old 11-07-2004, 02:26 PM
yeperra

Go to Performance Nissan in Duarte $300 over dealer invoice and no bull. Plus those guys sell a ton of Z's and know what's going on. It's not that far from anywhere in the LA basin.

Quick Reply: New 04 Z pricing?