Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Topping Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 07:03 AM
THT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Topping Zaino

Does anyone "top" Zaino with a carnuba wax? I currently use Z2 and Z5 on my dark green Maxima.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:12 AM
mgk65

I don't really understand the reasoning.

Sure, some say that it gives a deeper shine, but it creates problems with the integrity of the sealant.

Now with Z2 Pro and the very new Z8, Grand Finale Spray Sealant, I think that topping with a carnuba is not at all needed as these provide eye-popping shine and depth.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:20 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I have read that a lot of guys are doing this but I find it hard to believe you could improve on the SHINE Zaino gives you.

Just a plug for ZDayz BTW. These were all taken in or around Fontana Resort Village, the site of ZDayz.
Attached Thumbnails Topping Zaino-the-brick-2-small-.jpg   Topping Zaino-the-brick-4-small-.jpg   Topping Zaino-the-brick-8-small-.jpg   Topping Zaino-the-brick-ii-2-small-.jpg   Topping Zaino-creek-small-.jpg  

Old 05-03-2005, 09:28 AM
RxZ

Dr. Bonz, I know you have heard it before, but your car is beautiful!!!
One of the best looking nearly stock cars I have ever seen (any make or model) You must be proud, maybe I should move into your area to fill prescriptions, might see your car at a medical convention or something
Old 05-03-2005, 12:08 PM
THT

Okay, I tried it today. Four coats of Z2 with Z6 in between topped with Turtle Wax Platinum. It does indeed make a difference. The shine is deeper however, the difference is not large enough to capture on "film." I would do this again if I knew for a fact that the wax is not compromising the integrity of the Zaino.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:36 PM
bixby

Hey Doc, Is that a spec of dust I see in that pic? How'd that get there?

j/k

As always, your car is awesome looking!
Old 05-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Kevin Overall

Originally Posted by THT
Okay, I tried it today. Four coats of Z2 with Z6 in between topped with Turtle Wax Platinum. It does indeed make a difference. The shine is deeper however, the difference is not large enough to capture on "film." I would do this again if I knew for a fact that the wax is not compromising the integrity of the Zaino.
TW is a cleaner wax, never apply a cleaner wax on top of another kind of wax or polish that you intend to keep on the surface............

And I can tell you for a fact, I have worked with Zaino since 1998, that yes, the TW DOES effect the integrity of the Zaino polish, heck, the TW with cleaners and fine abrasives probably has removed some of if not all of the Zaino, simple over the counter cleaner waxes like TW are loaded with oils that produce a temporay shine. If you ever want to use Zaino on this car, it will have to be stripped down to nothing, no wax what so ever can be on the surface for the Zaino to bond, it will have to be either washed with Dawn, rubbed down with denatured alcohol, or 3M Wax and Grease remover and/or clay barred.

If you want something that will make a Zaino coat deeper and richer (if you are usine Z-2 Pro it is alway way, way deep of a finish), we have either the Z-6 Gloss Enhancer or better yet the Z-8 Spray Seal with is a very deep looking product of which I can not keep in stock, I sold 5 cases two weeks ago at a Corvette show.......................
Old 05-03-2005, 03:22 PM
THT

Welp, that answers that then. Looks like next time I go at the car, I'll be washing with Dawn, wash again with Zaino soap, and Z5/Z2 the hell out of her. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Originally Posted by RxZ
Dr. Bonz, I know you have heard it before, but your car is beautiful!!!
One of the best looking nearly stock cars I have ever seen (any make or model) You must be proud, maybe I should move into your area to fill prescriptions, might see your car at a medical convention or something

Thanks RX. Appreciate the comments. But "nearly stock?" Did you see my sig line?

If it would quit raining/snowing and get above 50 degrees here, I would take the car out and take some new pics of the new wheels and the Lambos!
Attached Thumbnails Topping Zaino-img_1337-small-1.jpg   Topping Zaino-img_2704-small-.jpg  
Old 05-05-2005, 05:17 PM
RxZ

Originally Posted by Dr Bonz
Thanks RX. Appreciate the comments. But "nearly stock?" Did you see my sig line?
No, No, I saw all that. What I meant was that if you saw the car in a parking lot or driving down the road, because of how well you have everything integrated it is at first glance hard to tell that you have done as much to the Z as you have. Personally, I like that look: customized, but not overdone. Didn't mean to confuse you, all I meant was that your car is probably the best looking Z I have seen aesthetically (Brickyard sure helps ) I love the way everything looks like it belongs. Oh, and I saw the new picks with the most recent Zaino coatings and the Lambo kit, just more proof of what I have been saying. Your car is great, keep up the great job!
Old 05-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

thanks again!
Old 07-20-2005, 06:45 PM
THT

I'm back for more. I've got many layers of Z2 and Z5 on my car now and want to give a topper another shot. Here's my Zaino process:

1. Wash with Z7
2. Z2 w/ ZFX
3. Z6
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 two or three times
5. Grande Finale

How about Blackfire as a topper?
Old 07-20-2005, 08:25 PM
orngez

Default hmmm...

zaino alone works fine for me...i dont see a need for any other type of topper/carnuba wax...i think the second pic really shows what the depth of a zaino shine can attract...
Attached Thumbnails Topping Zaino-picture-040.jpg   Topping Zaino-hooray.jpg  
Old 07-20-2005, 09:24 PM
mrZeee

Originally Posted by orngez
zaino alone works fine for me...i dont see a need for any other type of topper/carnuba wax...i think the second pic really shows what the depth of a zaino shine can attract...

ohh la la.....nice flop knockers
Old 07-21-2005, 07:30 AM
bixby

Originally Posted by orngez
Those are some nice double D's

+1 on the topper. Zaino alone is fine. Plus looking at your process you want to stop at 3 layers anyway.

Last edited by bixby; 07-21-2005 at 07:32 AM.