Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Q's about Blackfire and Klasse...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 01:46 PM
mwaller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q's about Blackfire and Klasse...

Are both of these polymer polishes, or are they waxes?
Can I apply either over Zaino, or do I need to strip the car down?
Which is better?
Thanks,
Mika
Old 12-06-2002, 09:05 AM
MY350isbtrthnurz

Zanio, Blackfire, Klasse are all polymers yet all different. Klasse and Zanio are close to comprassion in the fact they both give great protection and shine. However don't give you great depth in shine nor slickness like Blackfire.

Most people like Zanio for it's durability and shine. Which after my first application of Blackfire notice a big difference in the quality of shine than Zanio. Blackfire also give superb protection from the elements and beads and sheets water beautifully (nothing else comes close to Blackfire in durability). Other key features I noticed from Blackfire were Surface gloss. My Z is black and looks flawless under the sun, to the point I want to jump into the paint to take a quick swim. maintance and application is a breeze. With Zanio I was spending 4-5 hours month to polish and wax. Putting layer after layer, where Blackfire is supposed to be the first polymer to mimic a carnauba like shine.

Even if you Z is not a deep rich color don't dismiss Blackfire. My Wrangler which I have, has never been waxed in three years and looks amazing after Blackfire and it's white!

I think you will be very pleased with Blackfire.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:07 AM
FlaPhil

Both are polymers (synthetics), and either can be applied over Zaino. Don't really know why you would do that, but if you put Blackfire over the Zaino, you will probably see a difference more than with the Klasse.

I agree with MY350isbtrthnurz in that Blackfire makes black paint look deep and wet. Most polymers just reflect light. This stuff looks great.

Have Fun!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 07:02 PM
fdao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by FlaPhil
I agree with MY350isbtrthnurz in that Blackfire makes black paint look deep and wet.
Have Fun!!!
It also makes red paint look deep, rich, and wet as well.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:51 AM
fdao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Blackfire and Silverstone

Originally posted by Ears
Also my car has 1 coat of Meguires #26 Carnuba wax on it, does it need to be removed before application of Blackfire or Zainos? Thanks in advance for replys!
I believe you have to remove your coat, since the FAQ for the Blackfire product says that you can put a different "wax" on top of the Blackfire polymer, but you can't put Blackfire on top of it after without removing it.
Old 12-08-2002, 05:38 PM
alex30327

Has anyone tried Blackfire on a light colored car? I now use Klause and Pinnacle waxes on my Crome silver. It is my impression that Blackfire works best on dark colored cars.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:45 AM
Kevin V

Anything you put over Zaino may affect the Zaino finish. If whatever you are wanting to apply over it has any kind of "cleaners" (abrasives) then you will be removing the Zaino. You'll also need to wash the car with Dawn to remove whatever you put on top of the Zaino to apply a layer of Zaino, it won't bond otherwise.