Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Detail - Menzerna Final Polish + P21S (no 56k)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 01:35 AM
TiPIACE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detail - Menzerna Final Polish + P21S (no 56k)

hi guys, my mate came over today to give my car another detail

It had been 5 months since my last detail having applied Zaino, and i was starting to get swirls and light scratches from regular washing. But because Zaino is so strong, i couldnt give the car a light cut by hand because it just wouldnt penetrate the Zaino wax. So my aim this time was to remove the swirls, and apply a high quality carnauba. This way i could cut the car by hand as i see swirls and then simply wipe the carnauba back on again.

I decided on P21S, it came second in the GuruReport just behind Zaino, and is quite cheap at AUD $55 a tub. You apply it sparingly just like Zaino, so a tub will last more than a year with regular waxing. There is no chalky residue either, you just wipe on and immediately wipe off.......a **** load easier and quicker than Zaino

My mate used Menzerna Final Polish to remove the swirls, so ill be using that by hand now as a swirl remover

Check out the pics, P21S is slightly more glossy, and the reflection is just as good as Zaino imo. However like all carnaubas, the clarity of reflection is slightly less than Zaino, and the reflection at certain angles looks a bit more grainy (like orange peel). It wont last as long as Zaino, but i will able to maintain the same finish now, and just reapply the wax every month, it takes max 10mins to apply and remove

Last edited by TiPIACE; 12-04-2005 at 01:37 AM.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:42 AM
zillinois

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could have at least cleaned it up a bit before posting pics. J/K, looks good!! I totally agree about keeping up the same finish with carnuba. I gave up on Zaino within 3 months.

Last edited by zillinois; 12-04-2005 at 01:49 AM.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:00 AM
TiPIACE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeap this is what happens when u try to remove 4 layers of Zaino within 3 months of application.....

Had to use Farecla G3 to cut it off, and even then my mate ruined 4 pads that just got clogged up with the Zaino. The Z's paint is thin enough, let alone needing to use such a heavy cutter to remove minor swirls from washing

Im over the Zaino, it worked on my last silver car, but on a soft non-metallic black, it's incredible strength is simply flawed
Old 12-04-2005, 02:41 AM
zillinois

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great photo showing the stress in the background.

I found that if the paint isn't good to perfect, then Zaino is not the way to go. Carnuba gives kind of a soft focus to the paint and gives it some depth which tends to be kind to bad paint jobs. On my Z, Zaino looked tinny and shallow. It was still very optically correct and shiny, but all it did was amplify how bad Nissan's paint job was.