Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Polish II

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 03:16 AM
gunser

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Polish II

Well, my friend has a 2000 Honda Civic and wanted it detailed from top to bottom. The finish was pretty neglected from 5 years of automatic carwashes and such.

I begun with a full wash with dawn, and followed it up with a full claybaring to remove any surface crap...

I used my Porter Cable Polisher with a Yellow Pad (a lot of swirl cutting power) and Menzerna Intensive Polish to cut through the bad swirls.

I followed up that with another pass using a White Pad (less swirl cutting power) and Menzerna Final Polish II.

Finally, I added a coat of Meguires NXT to seal it all up...

I'm pretty happy with the results. There are still some very minor swirls, but the Menzerna did a great job of minimizing most of them considering how neglected the finish was. The job took a total of 6 hours.

Old 03-24-2006, 05:35 PM
BlueBoxer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are really nice results. I have wanted to try their line of products and may have to expedite that now. I was disappointed with Pinnacle, so maybe this will be my next guinea pig. How many times did you go through with the yellow pad?
Old 03-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Kabs

ooh my god... wanna wash / wax my car? =P
Old 03-24-2006, 07:36 PM
smellslikecurry

Old 03-25-2006, 05:55 AM
gunser

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueBoxer
Those are really nice results. I have wanted to try their line of products and may have to expedite that now. I was disappointed with Pinnacle, so maybe this will be my next guinea pig. How many times did you go through with the yellow pad?

1st run: Yellow Pad and Intense Polish...

2nd run: White Pad and Final Polish

Sealed with Meguires NXT

Since this was my first customer (and friend), I didn't go nuts with multiple passes trying to eliminate EVERY LAST LITTLE swirl. The paint was really in bad shape. I just wanted to do 2 runs and observe the results...and he and I were very happy with the finished product.

I will soon be taking on a more instensive project...my wifes car. It's black and fairly swirled, but not so bad as the above car. I'll be doing multiple passes to see if I can remove ALL the swirls.

I've also started a mobile auto detail buisness in Maryland, but got to ask the MODS if it's ok to post my website here....