Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Mr. Clean

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 06:51 AM
NuPogodi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr. Clean

Yesterday I was at target and I got myself the Mr. Clean auto car dry wash thing. Because everytime I was my car with my friend all I do is complain about all the swirl marks on my white car. But my friends evo is dark so you cant even really tell he has anything. So I was wondering if anyone had any problems with it or even tried it. I'm a little hesitant of using it on my car. So anything would be appreciated.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:04 AM
juniortheo

believe it or not i was curious as well so i tried it,it came out looking awesome,better then regular wash and dry,it drys itslef leaving no swirls or watermarks,i think its great. and my car is black where everything shows..
Old 03-13-2007, 07:12 AM
brandonanix

ive tried two of them, and both were horrible, it didnt sry spot free, and actually left water spots all over the car, they wanted to send me a third one, but I just gave up on it, maybe the water in my area of california is too hard.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:58 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has been working great, although I don't use the soap anymore, I use Maguires liquid gold, the Mr. Clean soap is too sticky.

Before I got it I was rinsing the whole car with distilled water to try and minimize spotting, and then drying by hand. I still dry by hand but no longer need the distilled water.

Chris
Old 03-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Oleg

Originally Posted by NuPogodi
Yesterday I was at target and I got myself the Mr. Clean auto car dry wash thing. Because everytime I was my car with my friend all I do is complain about all the swirl marks on my white car. But my friends evo is dark so you cant even really tell he has anything. So I was wondering if anyone had any problems with it or even tried it. I'm a little hesitant of using it on my car. So anything would be appreciated.
Nu, Zayatz, Pogodi!!!

To the yanks, you wouldn't understand...
Old 03-13-2007, 11:55 AM
jjwalker

Dark colors show swirls more than light colors.

Mr. Clean is not going to do jack about swirls. It can help with waterspots since it uses a filter to remove particles making the water softer. This of course varies depending on your local water hardness.

You have swirls because you are scratching your clearcoat with a dirty sponge, towel, mitt or the local carwash.

You'll have to polish those out first then get a nice sealant. Checkout detail forums on how to do this. Here's one www.detailersclub.com
Old 03-13-2007, 12:01 PM
NuPogodi

Originally Posted by Oleg
Nu, Zayatz, Pogodi!!!

To the yanks, you wouldn't understand...
lol, kak dela?
Old 03-13-2007, 12:02 PM
NuPogodi

Originally Posted by jjwalker
Dark colors show swirls more than light colors.

Mr. Clean is not going to do jack about swirls. It can help with waterspots since it uses a filter to remove particles making the water softer. This of course varies depending on your local water hardness.

You have swirls because you are scratching your clearcoat with a dirty sponge, towel, mitt or the local carwash.

You'll have to polish those out first then get a nice sealant. Checkout detail forums on how to do this. Here's one www.detailersclub.com
I use brand new out of the box microfiber cloths which have never been used?
Old 03-13-2007, 12:09 PM
SargentZ

yes but even a new cloth can pick up dirt and debris if not rinsed in fresh water often. Are you dunking back in the dirty water? It only takes a little bit of grit to get on the new cloth to become sandpaper.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Mazinger Z

My gf got it for me as a gift one day. It worked pretty well, I soaped it up but also used a sponge to clean off tough dirt. Then I regular rinsed and used the "non-water spot" setting to rinse off car. Came out pretty decent. The only thing is I usually wet-wax my car as I dry.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:42 PM
jjwalker

I use brand new out of the box microfiber cloths which have never been used?
I prefer a lambswool mitt. I use 2. One for the top parts of the car and a second for the bottom.

Best way is to use 2 buckets as well for each mitt. I'm too lazy to go that far so I wash the top part of the car first then the bottom and wheels last.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:31 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

When the Mr. Clean system first came out, several people here volunteered to test it out and report back. Initially, they liked it because of the convienence. After a period of time, they started reporting that it was dulling the finish on their Zs. Apparently, the chemicals or detergents in MrClean left a hazy deposit behind. I believe most people abandoned it and went back to normal detailing products. FWIW - there hasn't been a lot of "buzz" on this after it was released and the new-ness wore off.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

I used mine a few times and it worked great. I dont know why I stopped using it come to think of it. I do need to wash my car this weekend, maybe I will break it out again, but with a different soap of course.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Oleg

lol, kak dela?
Prekrasno!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Get_Zwole

would it hurt the mr. clean to put like some zaino car wash in it? i have one but only used it like 5 times on my truck just curious if that would work that seems to be the big thing is the type of soap?
Old 06-20-2007, 11:08 AM
efx

hmm... i shoulda read this before buying it. I only got it to save drying time. So do you guys recommend using a different soap other than the mr clean? When I went to schucks there were 6 different soaps, I didnt even know which one to get because the picture in the front all looked nice.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:56 AM
key_darren

i stop using it after waxing the car and finding water spots
Old 06-20-2007, 12:01 PM
efx

*sigh* i threw the receipt away