Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Carnuba over zaino

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 02:10 PM
ZSpectrum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carnuba over zaino

Can I put a coat of meguiars carnuba wax over my final layer of z-2? I have a black z btw.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:26 PM
tkrienke

Yes, you can. Zaino is a sealant, not a wax. The question is, is your car not shiny/clean looking enough with Zaino?
Old 06-05-2007, 04:28 PM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by tkrienke
Yes, you can. Zaino is a sealant, not a wax. The question is, is your car not shiny/clean looking enough with Zaino?
I just really like the look of a carnuba wax. All that depth and such.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:33 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup, you sure can. Carnuba will give it great shine a depth on darker colors but won't last as long as a synthetic wax. If you know you will have time to do it in 3-4 weeks again, then use carnuba, if not, i would do synthetic.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:02 PM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350
Yup, you sure can. Carnuba will give it great shine a depth on darker colors but won't last as long as a synthetic wax. If you know you will have time to do it in 3-4 weeks again, then use carnuba, if not, i would do synthetic.
I wash my car every 2 days and typically wax it every 1- 1.5 weeks. I have the time. I figure ill wax it every 1.5 weeks and then every 3 months or so Ill put a coat of z-2 on and redo it all every 6 months- 1 year.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:04 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZSpectrum
I wash my car every 2 days and typically wax it every 1- 1.5 weeks.
holy crap, you need some more hobbies
Old 06-05-2007, 05:05 PM
tkrienke

That sounds like a good plan if you've got the time. I was mostly curious about whether you were satisfied with Zaino or not since I use it as well.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:11 PM
SuperBlack350z

I wash my car every 2 days and typically wax it every 1- 1.5 weeks. I have the time. I figure ill wax it every 1.5 weeks and then every 3 months or so Ill put a coat of z-2 on and redo it all every 6 months- 1 year.

you are way over doing it. You are caking wax over wax. You are putting a lot of swirls and spider markings in your paint by washing every two days. You need to make sure you strip all the wax off before putting on new wax on. If you want the swirls go away, you have to polish the paint.

So basically, since you have time, you have to do the whole process every month the way you are washing and waxing your car like that.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:14 PM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350
you are way over doing it. You are caking wax over wax. You are putting a lot of swirls and spider markings in your paint by washing every two days. You need to make sure you strip all the wax off before putting on new wax on. If you want the swirls go away, you have to polish the paint.

So basically, since you have time, you have to do the whole process every month the way you are washing and waxing your car like that.
Fine Ill slow down you meany head. I was always of the train of though that as long as the car was clean and free of grease etc. you could put new wax on.

New idea. Continue too wash the z every 2-3 days and wax it every month or so, but redo the whole process every 6 months?
Old 06-05-2007, 05:14 PM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by tkrienke
That sounds like a good plan if you've got the time. I was mostly curious about whether you were satisfied with Zaino or not since I use it as well.
I got all the zaino for free, After all the waiting I wouldnt buy it again, judging by one coating of z-5. I love pinnacle souveran.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:20 PM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Zaino is the best stuff on the planet, hands down. I use p21s wax over the Zaino and the shine and depth is amazing. I have a 03 silverstone and I have the paint looking better than brand new. You have to use a few coats of Z2 than a few coats of Z5. One coat won't do the job.

Last edited by mw9; 06-05-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:37 PM
SuperBlack350z

Fine Ill slow down you meany head. I was always of the train of though that as long as the car was clean and free of grease etc. you could put new wax on.

New idea. Continue too wash the z every 2-3 days and wax it every month or so, but redo the whole process every 6 months?

Lol, i'm not a meany head.

I'm so meticulous about my paint and how clean it is. No one knows how bad it is unless they know me. I'll just give you step on what i do or some extra info and tips that might be helpful. I have a BLACK car by the way. Its that bad.

I use a porter cable 7424 when polishing and waxing.

I try my very hardest to wash my car only on weekends but sometimes have to do it 1 time during the week since black gets dirty quick. Have two buckets of water (one with soap) so you dont' keep dipping the sponge in one bucket to minimize swirl marks.

When you polish, make sure your paint needs a polish. Don't just do it just to do it. You want to save your clear coat over the years. If you start getting marring, spider webbing, swirls,..then do polish.

One way to see if you need wax is push your finger on the paint. If it feels dry and starts making squeeky sounds, you need a coat of wax. If its still slippery and glides your fingers, you're good to go.

When washing your car, remember you only need a little quarter size of soap with a gallon of water. The more soap you use, the more you strip the wax off sooner. A lot of people pour a bunch of soap in a bucket.

Doing the zaino half a year is fine. Waxing with carnuba every month is fine. I use Klasse AIO. This stuff last almost 8 months of protection on my paint.

Enjoy.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:19 PM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by mw9
Zaino is the best stuff on the planet, hands down. I use p21s wax over the Zaino and the shine and depth is amazing. I have a 03 silverstone and I have the paint looking better than brand new. You have to use a few coats of Z2 than a few coats of Z5. One coat won't do the job.
What I did was washed with dawn soap, clay barred using z7 and water in a spray bottle, washed the z with z-7 dried it used z-6(detail spray) put a coat of z-5 buffed out used z-6 buffed out z-5 buffed out then z-6 just put a coat of z-2 on, will be done in twenty or so curing. Then Ill z-6 and put a coat of the deep crystal carnuba wax on, or should I put a coat of z-2 on instead and hold off on the carnuba until tomorrow. Im going out at 10
Old 06-05-2007, 06:28 PM
ZSpectrum

Ok I need to know this in the next 3 minutes
Old 06-05-2007, 07:10 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ i'm probably too late to answer, but don't do another layer of z2. it's recommended to do no more than 3 layers of z2 and/or z5 in one day. i'd do a final layer with the carnuba.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:11 PM
ZSpectrum

No your just in time, that z-2 is taking forever to cure, I put it on a tad too thick. I have 2 layers of z-5 then a layer of z-2 that Im about to take off. So I should do the carnuba, even though its only meguiars deep crystal?
Old 06-05-2007, 07:13 PM
SuperBlack350z

No your just in time, that z-2 is taking forever to cure, I put it on a tad too thick. I have 2 layers of z-5 then a layer of z-2 that Im about to take off. So I should do the carnuba, even though its only meguiars deep crystal?
no, deep crystal is such a bad product. Use a 100 percent carnuba. I actually used deep crystal on a customers car and had to redo it. It was a pain. No sense on finishing with a crappy product.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:17 PM
ZSpectrum

Can I wait until tomorrow to apply a carnuba wax, Im about to go out for the night. What carnuba do you reccomend that I can get over the counter?
Old 06-05-2007, 07:19 PM
SuperBlack350z

Can I wait until tomorrow to apply a carnuba wax, Im about to go out for the night. What carnuba do you reccomend that I can get over the counter?

yeah, you can definatly wait for tomorrow. Make sure you rinse off the dust and stuff tomorrow before you do a layer. Over the counter, well, pep boys has the megs pro line which they have this stuff called Yellow Wax. That stuff is good. And if you can't go to pepboys, next in line for over the counter is Mothers carnuba. That would def do the job.

Usually, what i do before a car show on my other car was put down a synthetic wax, wait a day for a cure, then put a carnuba over that. CRAZY SHINE. You have to wait a day or the carnuba will just take off the synthetic wax.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:22 AM
ZSpectrum

the only mothers ive seen is the clwaner wax. is that the one you reccomend. how hard is the yellow wax gonna be to apply.

Quick Reply: Carnuba over zaino