Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ask a Professional Detailer...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for asking about the vacuums. I've been using the Metro Vac 'n Blo for years and I really like it. It's got plenty of power and the attachments I need to do just about any detailing task. I use to vacuum up the carpets, crevices and around the home. I also use it to blow out the mirrors, trim and other areas where water can accumulate. I copied and pasted our description of the Metro below so you can read more about it.

The Metro Vac N Blow is the premier vacuum cleaner for automotive detailing. This vacuum has the rare combination of being super powerful, loaded with attachments, compact, light weight and portable. The extremely powerful 4 horsepower motor has an astonishing 95" of water lift (the standard measure for a vacuum’s efficiency) that can easily suck up large quantities of dirt and debris. The 6ft hose and 12ft cord allow it to go virtually anywhere and clean any surface. It comes with: 2X 20 inch extensions to clean floors or tough to reach areas, "Pik-All" nozzle is one of the most commonly used attachments for cleaning corners, air maximizer to regulate pressure, inflator adapter for mattresses, dust brush to pick up light debris, 4X micro crevice tools so you get into the most difficult to reach places and a shoulder strap.. Additionally you can flip the hose from suck to blow for powerful blowing action that can help dry your vehicle, blow out the garage and more. With so many features and functions this vacuum is a great tool for any detailer. This all steel vacuum is very durable and will help you clean quickly and easily for years to come.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the Metro Vac or anything else related to detailing.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 10-23-2007, 09:49 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.autogeek.net/vacnbloporva.html

(Link with better picys of the vacuum cleaner. Looks like the deal with all the attachments).
Old 10-23-2007, 10:28 PM
ZSpectrum

Pmed you
Old 10-24-2007, 08:04 AM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by BRONZEE
http://www.autogeek.net/vacnbloporva.html

(Link with better picys of the vacuum cleaner. Looks like the deal with all the attachments).
Thats a similar vacuum but it has disposable bags that collect the debris and must be replaced. It's a great vacuum with lots of attachments but I prefer a durable cloth bag that can be re-used like the model I listed.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 07-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

I just wanted to bump this thread to remind people this a great place to ask Detailed Image any detailing or product questions. We hope to build up a large resource of detailing information here for other 350Z owners to reference. Let me know if I can help you!
Old 07-24-2008, 04:14 PM
banshee

Would you mind elaborating on the subject of Claybar... I don't really even know what it is... I have an '03 Laser Red Gc with a fresh coat of paint on the entire body (about 4 months old), and right now the extent of my detailing knowledge is wash and wax (been using Maguires). I would like to hear more about claybar (what and why) and Zano please...
Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by banshee
Would you mind elaborating on the subject of Claybar... I don't really even know what it is... I have an '03 Laser Red Gc with a fresh coat of paint on the entire body (about 4 months old), and right now the extent of my detailing knowledge is wash and wax (been using Maguires). I would like to hear more about claybar (what and why) and Zano please...
No problem at all I'm here to help. The process of using a clay bar is actually pretty simple. Washing the vehicle removes the majority of loose contaminants but still leaves plenty behind that is stuck to the clear coat or embedded in the micro-ridges of the clear coat. Clay bar can help remove most of this contamination for a deep cleaning. Having the paint really clean makes it look much deeper and glossier. Simply spray a clay lube over a small section of paint and glide the bar side to side over that section with light pressure. When you are done take a clean microfiber towel and wipe away the remaining clay lube. The clay bar is soft and helps separate and absorb contaminants without scrubbing the paint. I suggest using a clay bar at least 1 - 2 times per year to keep the paint smooth and clear.

To read more about the clay bar and how to use it I recommend reading our Auto Detailing Guide. There is lots of tips in there about how to get the most out of each step. I highly recommend reading the washing and drying, clay bar, polishing, glazing, sealant and wax section. After that you'll understand what each step does. As for Zaino, it is brand of detailing products. Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 07-25-2008, 12:59 PM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary. I demand you move to Miami. Now.

So many great tips and details. Do you know of a detailer
in Miami capable of producing excellent results? My '03 Redline
looks a little tired and could use a real detail. If I had a garage,
I'd consider exploring same myself.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:32 PM
VanZed

Gary

Awesome post and compliments on the Detail University site. I am new to detailing and working on an 03 Super Black. The information on the polishing process is the best I could find on the net and it gave me the confidence to buy the PC and related supplies and get to it. I'm looking forward to getting my stuff and seeing the results.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:50 PM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How would you go about getting those very lite scratches out of the chrome lips of our rims?
Old 07-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by lgear080
Gary. I demand you move to Miami. Now.

So many great tips and details. Do you know of a detailer
in Miami capable of producing excellent results? My '03 Redline
looks a little tired and could use a real detail. If I had a garage,
I'd consider exploring same myself.
I'm packing now, j/k. Thank you for the compliments I'm sorry I can't help more. Here is a list of some detailers in your area that may be able to help. I can not verify the quality of their work but the fact that they are on a detailing forum is a plus. Check out Detail University's Find A Detailer Florida

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 07-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by VanZed
Gary

Awesome post and compliments on the Detail University site. I am new to detailing and working on an 03 Super Black. The information on the polishing process is the best I could find on the net and it gave me the confidence to buy the PC and related supplies and get to it. I'm looking forward to getting my stuff and seeing the results.
I'm absolutely thrilled the information you found was helpful and gave you the confidence to go forward with a detail. The ultimate goal of those guides is to do just that! I'm also very happy that you found www.DetailUniversity.com and were able to use that as well. Please keep us posted on how the detail goes and if you need more help.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 07-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by chopperman
How would you go about getting those very lite scratches out of the chrome lips of our rims?
Polishing wheels is a different kind of polishing. Typically I just do surface cleanings, the removal of scratches can be slightly more involved. I would suggest contacting a wheel shop for more tips and suggestions. I'm sorry I do not have more specifics at this time.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 07-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Sora1421

Detailed Image: So do you agree that Poorboy's World Products are some of the best if not THE best detailing products for the money? I have some SSR2 and SSR2.5/ some Sealent EX with Nuba', some Natty's Blue Paste Wax, and some Black hole glaze. All of these products are AMAZING sun and shine. I was completely shocked to see how many people use NXT and Zaino which are excellent retail products but do not even compare to the stuff that's only 5 bucks more...
Old 07-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

I do think Poorboy's World products offer outstanding value virtually across the board. Obviously some products are better than others but I think overall their products are affordable and very high quality. I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed the results of these products! If I can help you any further in the future please let me know.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 07-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Sora1421

Thanks a lot Greg.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:10 PM
crg914

I would like a recommendation for good leather cleaning products. I have burnt orange seats and they seem like they get dirty too easily. I just finished off a bottle of Zaino Leather Cleaner and a bottle of Zaino Leather Conditioner, neither of which I was very impressed with.

I just got a 3-step Lexol leather cleaning package to try, but haven't used it yet.

I've also noticed wear in two places, (can provide pics later if necessary) with only 6k miles on the car. Seems premature to me? Are there any products that not only clean the leather, but strengthen it, or give increased longevity?

Finally, is there any "sealer" for the leather? Similar to paint sealant, or something that will make dirt easier to clean off and enable me to use less abrasive cleaners/methods.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2008, 01:05 PM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by crg914
I would like a recommendation for good leather cleaning products. I have burnt orange seats and they seem like they get dirty too easily. I just finished off a bottle of Zaino Leather Cleaner and a bottle of Zaino Leather Conditioner, neither of which I was very impressed with.

I just got a 3-step Lexol leather cleaning package to try, but haven't used it yet.

I've also noticed wear in two places, (can provide pics later if necessary) with only 6k miles on the car. Seems premature to me? Are there any products that not only clean the leather, but strengthen it, or give increased longevity?

Finally, is there any "sealer" for the leather? Similar to paint sealant, or something that will make dirt easier to clean off and enable me to use less abrasive cleaners/methods.

Thanks
http://www.detailedimage.com/Leather...nator-Oil-P65/
http://www.detailedimage.com/Leather...ine-Clean-P64/
http://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Acce...pplicator-P93/
http://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Micr...se-Towel-P103/

and youll be good to go cleaner conditioner applicator pads and towels to remove it all.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:24 PM
crg914

Do you have personal experience with these products to vouch for their quality? Also, what about some sort of 'sealer'? When I bought my last car, they used Simoniz System 5 on the interior and said if there was any stain that wouldn't come out they would replace the material. Those seats were cloth. Is there a similar product for leather?
Old 07-27-2008, 02:15 PM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by crg914
Do you have personal experience with these products to vouch for their quality? Also, what about some sort of 'sealer'? When I bought my last car, they used Simoniz System 5 on the interior and said if there was any stain that wouldn't come out they would replace the material. Those seats were cloth. Is there a similar product for leather?
The conditioner would be the sealer. Its leather. leather has a seal from the factory

Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer...