Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

SUPERBLACK350's ULTIMATE DETAIL GUIDE w/PICS

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:29 AM
deezz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a huge difference between the Porter Cable and an off brand polisher? I have seen a few at Autozone and a few places that are exactly like the PC, but about 60-70bucks less. I would imagine those are not the quality of the PC, but could they do the same job.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:20 PM
1cleanz

probley not the pc is basicly in a league of its own when it comes to polishing, not countign the high speed buffers like dewalt and so fourth. the porter cable is complety safe yet very very effictive. there is one other dual action polisher out there but it is more money and basicly the same as the pc but for 1 or 2 more speed settings. but i would say any thing you would buy at autozone is not the quality of the pc.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:24 AM
GSX-R350Z

unbeliavable write up...hah...I'm about to road trip in May was thinking about stopping by haha...

how much do you charge :P
Old 03-02-2008, 06:59 AM
jaspendlove

very good write up
Old 03-06-2008, 05:37 PM
zMOSESz

SuperBlack350z, very nice write up. I love how you pay close attention to all of the details. Awesome job man.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:38 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys. I'll be doing an interior/engine/etc write up once the weather gets a bit better.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
Thanks guys. I'll be doing an interior/engine/etc write up once the weather gets a bit better.
cant wait bro
Old 03-10-2008, 12:18 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

just read this and thank you for this...lol..but i would rather pay someone no i love to do my own car if i have the time, but seeing this is my first black z, first being CS, i want to make sure i have plenty of attention to the cleaning...how much do you charge???
Old 03-10-2008, 10:29 AM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Hey superblack350...what do you use to clean the headlights? Do you just buff it out like you did for the tail lights? I also use the poorboy natty paste wax and they last up to 5-6 washes...great wax.

I really need to get a buffer....to do my elbow grease work
Old 03-11-2008, 02:14 PM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by stogey420time
Hey superblack350...what do you use to clean the headlights? Do you just buff it out like you did for the tail lights? I also use the poorboy natty paste wax and they last up to 5-6 washes...great wax.

buy mine, I need to pic up a makita rotary anyway.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:11 PM
DBTRACK

SuperBlack350z..... great write-up.. car looks GREAT!!! Planning on coming to Baltimore anytime, the Z needs your help!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 08:13 PM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by ncparamedic
just read this and thank you for this...lol..but i would rather pay someone no i love to do my own car if i have the time, but seeing this is my first black z, first being CS, i want to make sure i have plenty of attention to the cleaning...how much do you charge???
ah, sorry, i missed this thread for a week or so. The only thing with black, remember that every little thing will show up. So try buying nice towels and using clean towels.

I usually charge all Z/G around here 150. Some might can afford it, some can't. But that is me putting 10 hours sometimes into the car so i'm only making 15 per hour where other detailers are charging 75 per hour.

Originally Posted by stogey420time

If you have faded and hazy headlight lenses, i usually wetsand with 800, 1500, and 2000 grit and buff back out. I will do this on my next guide coming up with pics and step by step.

Yes, nattys blue is good stuff or the time that it last. It looks amazing on daytona blue.

Originally Posted by DBTRACK
SuperBlack350z..... great write-up.. car looks GREAT!!! Planning on coming to Baltimore anytime, the Z needs your help!!!
Thanks. After watching the show "The Wire", i don't think i want to go to Baltimore. lol
Old 03-17-2008, 08:15 PM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

I am soooo glad we have him in NC
Old 03-17-2008, 08:22 PM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by ncparamedic
I am soooo glad we have him in NC

since you got your new roadster, i would advise to buy some convertible top cleaner and conditioner.

Currently, i use 303 aerospace cleaner to clean it up and then conditioner that makes it look very conditioned and not dried out or faded. I only clean the rag top every 6 months but use the conditioner/uv ray protecter every couple of washes. Also remember not to scrub your top with car soap or any type of soap. When i bought my roadster, the top was in normal neglected condition from the dealers but it looks brand new now.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Willowns

Hey man, I will be going down south in a few weeks...I would love to stop by raliegh...I would even schedual my leave time according your avialibility...Maybee we could set it up? my paint is prolly the worst Z you ahve seen...to be honest with you. And I have a few qeustions for you.

1. My front bumper has a crap load of dings in it becuase the previous owner lived on a gravel road...any way to get that out?

2. On the passenger side front fender next to the headlight...it looked like some1 sanded the headlights (the old headlights) and sanded the fender....anything you can do to save it???

3. On the drivers side of the rear bumper...like the side of it, it looks to be touch up paint...the paint color matches but it looks like no1 buffed it down to be flush with the bumper? any saving that either?

And I know if you could this stuff it would be a crap load of work, you can charge me anything you want to. and would it be worth taking the car on a raod trip after i get all this done?

Lol Willowns is a noob but thanks for the help!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:11 AM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by Willowns
Hey man, I will be going down south in a few weeks...I would love to stop by raliegh...I would even schedual my leave time according your avialibility...Maybee we could set it up? my paint is prolly the worst Z you ahve seen...to be honest with you. And I have a few qeustions for you.

1. My front bumper has a crap load of dings in it becuase the previous owner lived on a gravel road...any way to get that out?

2. On the passenger side front fender next to the headlight...it looked like some1 sanded the headlights (the old headlights) and sanded the fender....anything you can do to save it???

3. On the drivers side of the rear bumper...like the side of it, it looks to be touch up paint...the paint color matches but it looks like no1 buffed it down to be flush with the bumper? any saving that either?

And I know if you could this stuff it would be a crap load of work, you can charge me anything you want to. and would it be worth taking the car on a raod trip after i get all this done?

Lol Willowns is a noob but thanks for the help!!!
repaint or wetsand those issues.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:58 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

since you got your new roadster, i would advise to buy some convertible top cleaner and conditioner.

Currently, i use 303 aerospace cleaner to clean it up and then conditioner that makes it look very conditioned and not dried out or faded. I only clean the rag top every 6 months but use the conditioner/uv ray protecter every couple of washes. Also remember not to scrub your top with car soap or any type of soap. When i bought my roadster, the top was in normal neglected condition from the dealers but it looks brand new now.
I thought the 303 aerospace was for vinyl tops.. I didnt realize i could use that on the fabric top sweet..If you only charge $150 starting, i may bring it to you for its first initial real detail when i get home. It is in storage covered but will probably need a good cleaning by the time i get home
Old 03-18-2008, 09:01 AM
DBTRACK

Thanks. After watching the show "The Wire", i don't think i want to go to Baltimore. lol

HAHAHAH....yeah, its bad in the city.... but I live about 10 miles north
Old 03-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Hokie Z

great write up! Might have to make a trip to raleigh soon. I do have a question though, what would you recommend for a cf hood?
Old 03-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hell of a write up man!

Quick Reply: SUPERBLACK350's ULTIMATE DETAIL GUIDE w/PICS