Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

!!BEST!! Wax for Black?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 06:57 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
We carry the Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax at Detailed Image. All MY350Z members get 10% off with the coupon code "10off350Z" (case sensitive). If a bunch of you want the wax I'd be happy to run some sort of group buy on here for the members.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Guys???? I'M IN!!!!! Who else???
Old 01-15-2008, 07:15 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by davidv
Now I am impressed. Beautiful.
tHANK YOU!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:46 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have a darker colored car you cannot beat pinnacle souveran as the warmth and depth cannot be beat.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:50 PM
DraGonAlchemist

80 bux damn. . if it's only carnuaba wax. .whats the true diff from that wax to say meguairs # 26. . .??
Old 01-15-2008, 02:52 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DraGonAlchemist
80 bux damn. . if it's only carnuaba wax. .whats the true diff from that wax to say meguairs # 26. . .??
You have to pay to play.

Pinnacle has higher volumes of true carnauba. Just to get you an idea, my dream wax is $25,000 dollars in a small jar. You apply it by your bare hands.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
You have to pay to play.

Pinnacle has higher volumes of true carnauba. Just to get you an idea, my dream wax is $25,000 dollars in a small jar. You apply it by your bare hands.

Have you been referencing Solaris?
Old 01-16-2008, 05:16 AM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by Anomaly
Have you been referencing Solaris?
Smart man.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:19 AM
DraGonAlchemist

correct me if im wrong. .but that solaris stuff. .did that say 30g's???

maybe if i had a mclaren f1. .or konigsegg
Old 01-16-2008, 05:23 AM
SuperBlack350z

correct me if im wrong. .but that solaris stuff. .did that say 30g's???

maybe if i had a mclaren f1. .or konigsegg
I don't think you have to drive a certain car to "try" and buy that. It's more for the expert detailers who work on high end cars. It's nice to know for the owners that they are getting good wax on their cars.

btw, expert detailers make around 200k+ a year, so that price of the wax isn't bad in their budget. More of an investment.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:35 AM
DraGonAlchemist

btw, expert detailers make around 200k+ a year, so that price of the wax isn't bad in their budget. More of an investment.

im thinking in the cali area. .perhaps. .or where it's safe to drive more exotic cars. .cali, FL, the warmer climate states . .but not around NJ. . .
Old 01-16-2008, 11:03 PM
ZSpectrum

quit your bitching about 80 bux for wax, I have a can of the pinnacle souveran and it is the ****. Im about to order swissvax mystery around $500 and swissvax saphire $130ish
Old 01-17-2008, 03:24 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by ZSpectrum
quit your bitching about 80 bux for wax, I have a can of the pinnacle souveran and it is the ****. Im about to order swissvax mystery around $500 and swissvax saphire $130ish
thats nice. . truthfully..i think thats a waste of money. .BUT. .if thats what you like to spend it on. .then go for it. .i figure you wax the car and maybe few hours to a day or 2 it gets dirty again anyway and then you got to wax it again and again you'll go threw the wax and have to buy more. if your as **** as i am i'll be making that wax co rich as hell. . .im just going to stick with lucky # 7. . i have no swirls thank god and so far doing it by hands worked to keep it that way with the back and forth motion. . but thanx for the advice guys. .I might even try zaino, or that souverian stuff. .just to test it out . . honestly though. .im never buying another black car again i can tell you that . .
Old 01-17-2008, 04:22 AM
CESAROTORRES

thats nice. . truthfully..i think thats a waste of money. .BUT. .if thats what you like to spend it on. .then go for it. .i figure you wax the car and maybe few hours to a day or 2 it gets dirty again anyway and then you got to wax it again and again you'll go threw the wax and have to buy more. if your as **** as i am i'll be making that wax co rich as hell. . .im just going to stick with lucky # 7. . i have no swirls thank god and so far doing it by hands worked to keep it that way with the back and forth motion. . but thanx for the advice guys. .I might even try zaino, or that souverian stuff. .just to test it out . . honestly though. .im never buying another black car again i can tell you that . .
I spoke to the owner of a car wash in Orlando Fl (Http://Imagescarwash.com) and the following is what he recomended.

Soap
http://www.cleanacar.com/meg89.html?...hannelid=BIZRA

Cleaner
http://www.amazon.com/Klasse-Cleaner...098604-5566051

Wax
http://www.autoanything.com/car-care/69A3063A0A0.aspx

I switched from using Zaino to this products conbination and I am really HAPPY. Much better than Zaino and easier to use.

I hope this help.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:39 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by CESAROTORRES
I spoke to the owner of a car wash in Orlando Fl (Http://Imagescarwash.com) and the following is what he recomended.

Soap

Cleaner

Wax

I switched from using Zaino to this products conbination and I am really HAPPY. Much better than Zaino and easier to use.

I hope this help.
now thats the affordable s_ _t im talking about. .haha. .but hey i've tried Zymol. .it's not so good. .looks nice on white though!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:10 AM
SuperBlack350z

That's the difference between the cheap stuff and the good stuff. Cheap stuff will wear off quickly. Also, good wax is what saves your car from getting so dirty. It actually repels water and dirt. If you wash your car more than 1 time per week on a black car, your car should be pretty swirled. Put a halogen light on your paint and check.

This is after a month of using Poorboys wax which is pretty good for the price. It still beads and protects after 4-5 carwashes and a month of being on the car.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:14 AM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by CESAROTORRES

Soap

Cleaner

Wax

I hope this help.
Those are nice products besides the Megs Gold Class. I absolutely can't say how much i hate that stuff and how bad it is for the paint. First, it doesn't have enough suds. It has chemicals in it that eats rubbers around your window trim and leaves them dry with spots. It's very harsh on wax. I did a PH level test on it and it was very bad. This soap is ok if you really don't care for your car..like a beater or DD car but it should be no where near your nice car.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:33 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Those are nice products besides the Megs Gold Class. I absolutely can't say how much i hate that stuff and how bad it is for the paint. First, it doesn't have enough suds. It has chemicals in it that eats rubbers around your window trim and leaves them dry with spots. It's very harsh on wax. I did a PH level test on it and it was very bad. This soap is ok if you really don't care for your car..like a beater or DD car but it should be no where near your nice car.
haha. .i've never used that and i dont think im going to start. .I use the MR CLEAN auto DRY. .i like it and it works nice. .but i also scrub my car with a soft wash cloth as well. .then i hit it with the distilled water n auto dry's i love it. .
Old 01-17-2008, 05:47 AM
ZSpectrum

Im very happy with my menzerna auto shampoo, Im ordering th swissvax soap with the new stuff. Supposidly should be similar to the menzerna. Very little suds, but lots of lubricity.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:48 AM
ZSpectrum

That's the difference between the cheap stuff and the good stuff. Cheap stuff will wear off quickly. Also, good wax is what saves your car from getting so dirty. It actually repels water and dirt. If you wash your car more than 1 time per week on a black car, your car should be pretty swirled. Put a halogen light on your paint and check.

This is after a month of using Poorboys wax which is pretty good for the price. It still beads and protects after 4-5 carwashes and a month of being on the car.

red white or blue? Im looking at picking one up when I order more pre wash from them/ apc. Which do you reccomend for white? I love every poorboys product Ive tried.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:49 AM
ZSpectrum

now thats the affordable s_ _t im talking about. .haha. .but hey i've tried Zymol. .it's not so good. .looks nice on white though!
zymol makes some good waxs, but you need to get up there in price.

Quick Reply: !!BEST!! Wax for Black?