Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

!!BEST!! Wax for Black?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 05:49 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DraGonAlchemist
haha. .i've never used that and i dont think im going to start. .I use the MR CLEAN auto DRY. .i like it and it works nice. .but i also scrub my car with a soft wash cloth as well. .then i hit it with the distilled water n auto dry's i love it. .
yeah, mr clean wash is pretty good but those refill things got way to expensive.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:50 AM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by ZSpectrum
Im very happy with my menzerna auto shampoo, Im ordering th swissvax soap with the new stuff. Supposidly should be similar to the menzerna. Very little suds, but lots of lubricity.
yeah those are some higher end shampoos.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:50 AM
ZSpectrum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats nice. . truthfully..i think thats a waste of money. .BUT. .if thats what you like to spend it on. .then go for it. .i figure you wax the car and maybe few hours to a day or 2 it gets dirty again anyway and then you got to wax it again and again you'll go threw the wax and have to buy more. if your as **** as i am i'll be making that wax co rich as hell. . .im just going to stick with lucky # 7. . i have no swirls thank god and so far doing it by hands worked to keep it that way with the back and forth motion. . but thanx for the advice guys. .I might even try zaino, or that souverian stuff. .just to test it out . . honestly though. .im never buying another black car again i can tell you that . .
hahah I spend the majority of my money on my car. I dont really have any bills. Starting college soon.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:51 AM
DraGonAlchemist

yeah. .i got an account over at autozone. .so i get them cheap. .
Old 01-17-2008, 05:53 AM
SuperBlack350z

hahah I spend the majority of my money on my car. I dont really have any bills. Starting college soon.
better get all of the car stuff you want while you still can. you are about to be poor.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:54 AM
DraGonAlchemist

used to think that way. . then i woke up and realized the car can be here today and get smashed up 2morrow. .so mid as well invest for a future. .cause i dont want to be living out of my car. . .although i do spend money on the Z. .i keep it simple with engine mods. .no cosmetics. .i wanna go fast not look pretty. .ya know. .
Old 01-17-2008, 05:55 AM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
yeah those are some higher end shampoos.
Ive found that anything I can get at pepboys with the exception of the meguiars professional line and the mothers powerball mini/ polishs doesnt touch my car. Ill Buy cheap mf towels, but theyre only for my wheels/ exhaust and stuff like that. Never touchs my paint. Have you ever tried the ultimits? Im absolutly in love with them. There like a foam pad divided into squares. They seem to clean real well. And seem very safe on the paid.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:56 AM
ZSpectrum

better get all of the car stuff you want while you still can. you are about to be poor.
O I know, Im throwing on a new turbo/ injectors before I start. Im gonna do community college to do my basic bs classes go to smu and then smu law school.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:59 AM
ZSpectrum

used to think that way. . then i woke up and realized the car can be here today and get smashed up 2morrow. .so mid as well invest for a future. .cause i dont want to be living out of my car. . .although i do spend money on the Z. .i keep it simple with engine mods. .no cosmetics. .i wanna go fast not look pretty. .ya know. .
O I know and I have the mods to suspension/ power mods to show for it.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:00 AM
SuperBlack350z

Ive found that anything I can get at pepboys with the exception of the meguiars professional line and the mothers powerball mini/ polishs doesnt touch my car. Ill Buy cheap mf towels, but theyre only for my wheels/ exhaust and stuff like that. Never touchs my paint. Have you ever tried the ultimits? Im absolutly in love with them. There like a foam pad divided into squares. They seem to clean real well. And seem very safe on the paid.
Yup, i feel the same way. I do the exact same thing. Get cheap towels only for my fenderwells and wheels from automotive places.

yes, i have the shmitt and the ultmitt. They are both good. I did some testing and found they dont' marr up or swirl the paint like other stuff. They are great.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:00 AM
DraGonAlchemist

O I know and I have the mods to suspension/ power mods to show for it.
then again what do you do for a living?
Old 01-17-2008, 06:01 AM
ZSpectrum

Yup, i feel the same way. I do the exact same thing. Get cheap towels only for my fenderwells and wheels from automotive places.

yes, i have the shmitt and the ultmitt. They are both good. I did some testing and found they dont' marr up or swirl the paint like other stuff. They are great.
awesome, i havnt tried the shmitt yet, I believe thats the wool look a like or actual wool mit. Did you test the red as well as the yellow ultimit. Im cautious about using the yellow one on anything but the lower half of my car so it gets very little use. My car stays clean for the most part, except brake dust covers my car/ wheels.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:02 AM
ZSpectrum

then again what do you do for a living?
I'm in route to law school. But for now I do some detailing do some random odd job stuff. Working on getting an actual job.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:09 AM
DraGonAlchemist

hey Super I noticed you have the. . Avic D3. .is that the X package as well?. . i just bought it for my GF as a Bday present. .about 800 for the package with blue tooth adapter and ipod control as well. .do you like it?? is it worth it for the z as well?
Old 01-17-2008, 08:12 AM
SuperBlack350z

hey Super I noticed you have the. . Avic D3. .is that the X package as well?. . i just bought it for my GF as a Bday present. .about 800 for the package with blue tooth adapter and ipod control as well. .do you like it?? is it worth it for the z as well?
yes, i absolutely love this unit. If you or your gf likes ipod, this is such a great unit. You won't be disapointed. trust me.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:24 AM
DraGonAlchemist

perfect. .yeah some idiot buddy of mine who is an installer blew up my factory radio cause i was too lazy to do it myself and since he had a Z i figure'd. .well i figured WRONG!!!. . so i was forced into getting a single din pioneer with ipod control which i love, but i was thinking of getting the avicd3 for my Z as well. .but now that i got it for the gf im going to test the hell out of it. .haha. .btw. .for the Z do you remember of any special wiring needed. .cause i had to get the jbl wiring for her 4 runner.. .in the Z so far tho off that same exhaust sale i also bought for 300 a jl 1000/1 amp and the double custom Z made jl Box with 2 10w7's. .

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 01-17-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:00 AM
SuperBlack350z

For the z, in order for the d3 to work, you will need the following:

dash kit for 03-05
wiring harness for 350z

The other hardware i believe you said you can get. The ipod wire and the blue tooth wire. You have to get the one that is made for this unit though.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:05 AM
DraGonAlchemist

the d3 x package comes with the ipod wire and the bluetooth stuff. .i was just asking anything extra other then the wiring harness .. But since thats a No. .ima go for it thanx
Old 01-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Xzero

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the Mothers 3-step wax treatment. Best I've found but it's time consuming. At least you only have to do Step 1(oxidization) every 6 months to 1 year,Step 2(sealer & glaze) and Step 3(pure carnauba wax) as much as you want.

The wax comes in liquid or paste. I use paste so thats why its time consuming for me. I spend a usual 6-7 hours on a full 3-Step treatment. I know, insane, but its my prized possesion & the shine worth it.

Sorry no pics, car is parked...
Old 01-18-2008, 05:11 PM
DraGonAlchemist

damn i used to use that 3 step to but the 1st step was i used to clay bar the Z. . then do the 3 stage. . .but now all i do is step one. .Wax CLeaner then hit it up with #7 polish. ..and bam Shiney. . .i was just thinking there was something better in one step. .

thats all with those 2 steps . . .the close up lookin like the Mo Money video. .was just step 1. . .

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 01-18-2008 at 05:14 PM.

Quick Reply: !!BEST!! Wax for Black?