Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

MOST Shiniest CAR EVER NO ZAINO OR CRYSTAL GUARD MUST READ!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Wicked4u2c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SHAQMAGIC
Thread over.

Doc your car looks great. I never said one bad word about zaino.

Dmitry some people take it as a ccompliment to be called young.... just kidding, if any insult taken, my apology.

Wicked great stuff.

One last word, Doc you can't guarantee zaino will outperform 2 products you've never used, and you do not know the COMPLETE chemical makeup of them. So it wouldn't be fair to end your comments with something like that. Sal would be in pepboys tomorrow if he could, why he can't I have no idea because I assume he'd have tremendous sales.

Good luck all with your cars, hope to meet you guys at a Z get together one day.

Robert
Good post! Their is no way you can say Zaino will outperform, but that just shows how some people are EXTREMELLY CLOSED MINDED! It understandable, but like I said in my previous post. I will try Zaino and give my feedback. I am very open to new products and like to try out new things.

Can you tell me what (besides that AMAZING Teflon) your 5 star stuff contains? NO. It might shine for a while but you have NO CLUE as to its contents and therefore its long term effects or results.

I doubt the manufacture would release this type of information, im sure you don't know the full contents of ZAINO? Or else you would be making it at home now wouldn't you... Long Term Effects...?! Dude, your very hard headed huh? If my car paint ever falls off or gets damaged you will be the first to know MR BONZ... I will be posting here 2 years from now paint looking better than ever. Like I said before, Ferrari is a prestine company and I doubt they would put anything on those cars to screw the paint job up, specially when its fresh off the factory and its in is most critical state. I guess Ferrari must use cheap paint also??! Well, at least they don't have ORANGE PEEL Like our Nissan's do... Hum...
Old 08-12-2003, 04:06 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Sal would be in pepboys tomorrow if he could, why he can't I have no idea because I assume he'd have tremendous sales
Sorry, but you are wrong here. I have nothing more to say.

I am sorry if I appear hard headed and closed minded. You may be right but I've found the best (for me) and really don't need to try others. Just like you seem to feel you have found your best. That's cool.

Ferrari is a prestine company and I doubt they would put anything on those cars to screw the paint job up, specially when its fresh off the factory and its in is most critical state.
Once and for all, it's PRISTINE and you aren't using the word correctly.

You are right about Ferrari paint (and Lambo, and Porche etc) Their PAINT is PRISTINE. In other words, you could shine them with SPIT and it would look good.

You may have a great product on your hands but like we have stated, its advertizing makes it look like a sham.

Like I said before: Tried and true.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:41 PM
rouxeny

Well, I have to say something at this point.

Number one, play nice. I never thought I'd see such a rambunctious thread based on waxes and polishes.

Number two, the "It's got to be good because Ferrari uses it" argument is full of holes. As was mentioned, they have good paint. The combination of good paint and a new, clean car, not to mention the fact that it's a Ferrari, all add up to something that looks very nice and shiny. The pics of the "Milk Bottle" stuff look pretty good, but if it was so superior, wouldn't Ferrari market it, or find some way to sell it to Ferrari owners? I mean, if I bought a nice new 360 Modena, and it came from the dealership looking very bright, wouldn't I want to be able to re-create that appearance? Then, if I couldn't, wouldn't I be a little peeved? If there is a substance that is so superior, it would be available to the mass market.

Zaino could easily be sold in Pep-Boys. I'm not really sure why Sal doesn't want to, maybe it's too much work, it does seem like a small company. Everytime I call the number, I get Sal. Maybe he figures that having that level of distribution would reduce the "high end" feel of his product. Who knows? However, I can go on the internet, or into a number of automotive shops, and pick his stuff up. It doesn't get distributed to Ferrari dealers only.

I don't think that anybody really is arguing that your product is no good. I think it's more your proof and reasoning that people have found difficult to agree with.

Personally, Zaino works fairly well for me. I'd like it to be a little more "deep" but what can you do on a silver car. I wish it was easier to put on, but then again, it's kind of relaxing, in a back-breaking way. It does seem to last longer and look and feel better than any other wax/polish I've used before.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:56 PM
Wicked4u2c

Originally posted by rouxeny
Well, I have to say something at this point.

Number one, play nice. I never thought I'd see such a rambunctious thread based on waxes and polishes.

Number two, the "It's got to be good because Ferrari uses it" argument is full of holes. As was mentioned, they have good paint. The combination of good paint and a new, clean car, not to mention the fact that it's a Ferrari, all add up to something that looks very nice and shiny. The pics of the "Milk Bottle" stuff look pretty good, but if it was so superior, wouldn't Ferrari market it, or find some way to sell it to Ferrari owners? I mean, if I bought a nice new 360 Modena, and it came from the dealership looking very bright, wouldn't I want to be able to re-create that appearance? Then, if I couldn't, wouldn't I be a little peeved? If there is a substance that is so superior, it would be available to the mass market.

Zaino could easily be sold in Pep-Boys. I'm not really sure why Sal doesn't want to, maybe it's too much work, it does seem like a small company. Everytime I call the number, I get Sal. Maybe he figures that having that level of distribution would reduce the "high end" feel of his product. Who knows? However, I can go on the internet, or into a number of automotive shops, and pick his stuff up. It doesn't get distributed to Ferrari dealers only.

I don't think that anybody really is arguing that your product is no good. I think it's more your proof and reasoning that people have found difficult to agree with.

Personally, Zaino works fairly well for me. I'd like it to be a little more "deep" but what can you do on a silver car. I wish it was easier to put on, but then again, it's kind of relaxing, in a back-breaking way. It does seem to last longer and look and feel better than any other wax/polish I've used before.
Great point, but let me just tell you this.. The average FERRARI owner does not wash his car... He either has someone do it like a personal detailer... Dude you have enough money to pay over 150k not to mention $600.00 dollar oil changes and when you take it to the dealer they wash/polish your car with this... Like I said, Ferrari doesn't care to Mass market this because their market niche is "HIGH QUALITY" I don't even want to know how much one of these 32oz bottles would retail for that NOBODY would care to buy. Not even the people who own these cars because they are not washing them... Im sure there are a hand full of people that do wash or enjoy detailing their "exotic" car. But it wouldn't be profitable to MASS produce this. your statement about

"It's got to be good because Ferrari uses it" argument is full of holes.

is quite funny. I don't see how this product can be "bad" but at the same time I don't see it being "the best". I do see it being a good product and that being by a company's reputation in workmanship and quality. Let say's Zaino comes out with a glass cleaner (not sure if they have one). Im sure it will be pretty damn good because of their previous products. But like I said before its no point in arguing on a product that you and I can't get. I was fortunate to get this by "backdoor" and Im glad I have plenty left. I did sell some to another Z member here in Hawaii, Im sure he will get it soon and can post his feedback. He kept bugging me about it so I did initially promise him since before I said I would not sell to anyone so please don't message me about this. Well, this stuff doesn't last forever I will have to find a product that will protect my paint, I am dying to try Zaino but im waiting to see when my car looks pretty bad since it still has a great shine to it. maybe I'll try it next week.. Well boys it was fun chatting with you guys here in "detailing forum" im sure we will meet again! But this thread is DONE FOR ME! Good luck guys with all products, we are all fellow enthusiast and that was the main reason is to help each other out, some people felt threaten that their product could be in danger instead of giving it a chance. But anyhow catch you guys later

-PEACE
Old 08-13-2003, 10:40 AM
vice86

ARE SAMPLES STILL AVAILABLE?!?!?
Old 08-13-2003, 12:40 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plus, I KNOW that it contains no silicones (bad for your paint), that it contains no abrasives (badder for your paint), and that it contains no solvents (baddest for your paint). Can you tell me what your Ferrari stuff has in it? Can you tell me what (besides that AMAZING Teflon) your 5 star stuff contains? NO. It might shine for a while but you have NO CLUE as to its contents and therefore its long term effects or results.
This is what puts me on guard for Wicked's super wax. It may look great, but I want to know what's in it. If this simple question could be answered, I might even try a little to see how stacks up to the King Z.

Dr. Bonz has 41 coats, I have one and don't need more, no soap on my car just water, wipe with mitt thing, dry and boom looks as good as Dr. Bonz's car, is probably as slippery, repels bird poop, beads water and protects as good as his. (Just opinion from pics as we have not seen each other's cars.)
And I'm right there with Bonz on this one... after one coat of Zaino (well two coats, one of Z5 andone of Z2), mine had all the properties described above and likely would have held it for a long time. I enjoy cleaning and waxing (or should I say Zainoing since it is not a wax). It's fun and relaxing. It doesn't need 18 coats of Zaino, but it beats spending 18 hours just sitting and stairing at my car... well... maybe not... but I still enjoyed the time spent.

Most importantly... McDuck finds it amusing to see such a raging debate over Wicked's Mystery Wax and Zaino when this forums official sponsor is Crystal Guard!
Old 08-13-2003, 03:39 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

McDuck finds it amusing to see such a raging debate over Wicked's Mystery Wax and Zaino when this forums official sponsor is Crystal Guard!

YOU DA MAN, DUCK!
Old 08-14-2003, 03:35 AM
TCL

Originally posted by mcduck

This is what puts me on guard for Wicked's super wax. It may look great, but I want to know what's in it. If this simple question could be answered, I might even try a little to see how stacks up to the King Z.

If you're curious about it, why not post a picture of the bottle on www.autotopia.org to see what the pro detailers know about it. Maybe someone there can shed some light on what it is and what it contains.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:17 AM
BillR

This thead:

EVERY single digital pic I have seen touting "brand ___" looks good. You can't really judge any product by a digital pic on the internet. You need to try a product and use it for some time to see if it is the product for you.
I have tried LOTS of car wax type products and I have found that FOR ME; Zaino is what I prefer. Also, I am very much like Dr. B, I am very particular about my car's appearance.

You want a really GOOD test of this wax, send me a sample, I'll try it in a salt water eviroment. I'll try it on my boat. NOTHING has held up very long on it. The best so far is CG. I have no tried Zaino.

I really would like to know what this "mystery wax" is. Moreover, I would like to know what is in it.
Old 08-14-2003, 06:16 PM
BladeZ

I too have tried the 5starshine polymer. I am very skeptical but thought what the heck. I personally like Zaino the best and thats all I use on my Z, but I went ahead and used my Expedition to try out the 5starshine. I started from scratch just like I did with the Zaino (dawn,claybar, etc). The 5starshine doesnt have near the depth, wet look, or clarity that Zaino has but it has been 7 months now since I applied only one coat and it is still beading water great and washes easily and shines nicely. Still very doubtful it will hold up to its claim of 3 years on a used vehicle but so far so good. What I wonder most is how many people say hey this doesnt live up to its claim and actually get their money back. Will this company even exist in a year or 2.......
Old 08-15-2003, 03:01 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

OF COURSE THEY WILL!!! They have that lucretive NAVY CONTRACT don't they!
Old 08-16-2003, 06:11 AM
BladeZ

Old 08-16-2003, 03:06 PM
SHAQMAGIC

BladeZ
What color is your Z and what color is your blazer.

That's lucrative with an "a"Doc.

Used in a sentence.

"A bone doctor may be a very lucrative profession but it does not make you an expert in waxing cars."

Come on Doc, you have to admit that was one funny post.

I have a big sense of humor, sorry if I offended you.

BTW Good luck on the install.
Old 08-16-2003, 08:19 PM
BladeZ

my Z is black and the expedition is semi-dark blue
Old 08-17-2003, 06:14 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Sorry, I haven't been back to this thread for awhile. I was too busy spending my money obtained via my lucrAtive job, on my Procharger install.

Old 08-17-2003, 07:33 PM
SHAQMAGIC

Congrats on the install, it looks awesome and the dyno was great.

Doc you may need a 412i to help you put away a few 100k of that income each year TAX FREE. ( A little more thhan possible in that SEP/401K or Basic, whatever you're running.)

Not only would your job be lucrative, but Uncle Sam's cut wouldn't be so lucrative.

You have to track as no one with the Procharger has tracked yet.

PM if you'd like.
Old 08-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

a few 100k
A FEW 100K??? Not in this lifetime my friend. That would put me in the hole without any bills being paid.

I think the general population is misinformed when it comes to doctor's incomes.

With managed care and malpractice etc. It ain't what it use to be kids!

Don't get me wrong. I make a comfortable living but I am not rich by any means.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:16 PM
chazzg

Whats a few 100k between friends??????????????
Old 08-18-2003, 12:33 PM
Buub

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
A FEW 100K??? Not in this lifetime my friend. That would put me in the hole without any bills being paid.

I think the general population is misinformed when it comes to doctor's incomes.

With managed care and malpractice etc. It ain't what it use to be kids!

Don't get me wrong. I make a comfortable living but I am not rich by any means.
I think by "a few 100k" he was referring to the number of layers of Zaino on your car.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:19 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Very Nice!

Quick Reply: MOST Shiniest CAR EVER NO ZAINO OR CRYSTAL GUARD MUST READ!!