Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Wax results hazing and milky looking paint

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:14 AM
gebster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wax results hazing and milky looking paint

Had my car detailed at a shop and when I picked it up the paint had a hazing and milky looking finish. They did wax the car as the last step. Any ideas to the cause and fixing the problem. If I put another coat of wax myself could it help with the hazing?
Attached Thumbnails Wax results hazing and milky looking paint-img_0617.jpg   Wax results hazing and milky looking paint-img_0616.jpg   Wax results hazing and milky looking paint-img_0618.jpg  
Old 11-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Frank@MtroNiss

Default FINISH

Your going to have to hit it again with a cleaner wax first then re-apply a regular wax to protect.Maguiars makes a complete kit that has it broken down in steps,works really great..
Good Luck
Old 11-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Sorry to hear about the marks in the paint. Unfortunately this is very common from many detail shops. It's hard to find quality work and when you do it is usually a bit more expensive.

Waxes will not correct the problem, maybe cover it up a little bit at best. Polishes are needed to correct the problem. Unfortunately those photos were not taken at the right angle to show haze. Therefore I'm not 100% sure what the problem is but I'm very confident that it would be from the detailer not finishing down the surface properly. Typically you need to use a good light polish, finishing pad and a quality buffer. I would recommend a white polishing pad and the Menzerna PO106FF as my ideal combination of products to remove these imperfections. I would then protect the surface with a sealant and/or wax next. Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 11-25-2008, 04:52 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Greg, what would you recommend for a black Z with some swirl marks in it ?

I have tried a clay bar and even sme polishing. I can still see them.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks
Old 12-01-2008, 06:52 PM
1cleanz

i guessing you were polishing by hand. The best way would be to get your self a porter cable and some good polish and pads and do a two to three step polish on your car. menzerna makes some good polishes and there is also other companies out there. im sure by calling greg at detailed imiage he could put you together a great package for taking care of your black car.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:01 PM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not take it back and tell them to correct it?
Old 12-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by fithamoto
Greg, what would you recommend for a black Z with some swirl marks in it ?

I have tried a clay bar and even sme polishing. I can still see them.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks
Sorry I missed this post earlier! The clay bar will help remove surface contaminants but not imperfections like swirls in the surface. I'm not sure what polish(s) you are using so I'm not sure if you if the right kind to help improve the surface. To remove swirls a light to medium cutting polish is usually needed as a bare minimum. The most effective polishes contain micro-abrasives that help permanently remove swirls, oxidation, etc. These polishes are the most effective tool to really bring back the deepest shine possible with your paint. Polishes require a lot of heat and pressure to be properly worked in to the surface. So if you apply them by hand you should go slow, with lots of passes and good pressure. A quality buffer matched with the right pad will provide you with far better results though. We have some very safe and easy to use buffers if you are interested let me know and I can explain more about what options you have going forward.

As for specific recommendations I really like to use the combination of the Menzerna Super Intensive Polish (medium) and Menzerna PO106FF (light). It is easy to use and really make the paint look sharp. If you prefer a more cost effective solution try the Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Polish II, which also works great.

Sorry again for the slow response and I hope this information was helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image

I would recommend
Old 12-02-2008, 05:05 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Thanks Greg !

I got your PM....I will look into the products to help out my swirl problem.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Good luck and keep us posted on how it works out for you.

Greg @ Detailed Image