Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Keyed Z Fixed with Scratch X

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 05:30 AM
pgraham86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyed Z Fixed with Scratch X

So yesterday I was washing my car and finshed. I then proceeded to go inside and grab a bit to eat before I waxed it. Not an hour later when I return to the car there is a 14 inch scratch from the middle of the rear fender to the door handle! I was PISSED>. The only thing that I could come up with was that it was the UPS guy. He dropped off a box at my house when I was inside. The scratch still had the clearcoat beaded up around it so that I could run my finger on it and it would be on my hand. I proceeded to call UPS and they told me that if I did not see him do it than no complaint can be filled. My car was about 30 yard from the road in MY DRIVEWAY! Who the hell comes in someones driveway to vandalize a car? I used my fingernail for about an hour smoothing out the scratch with some good wax then I went to Advanced Auto and got some Meguiars ScratchX. This product worked miracles on the scratch. I massaged it in about 9 times and repeated waxing between every treatment with scratchx. I can barely see the scratch now only a light discoloration. If any one of you have any kind of scratch on your car that does not break the paint USE scratch X. I swear by this product and it is well worth the 9 dollars I spent on it.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:34 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

dang........glad it came out..
Old 07-16-2009, 07:11 AM
CancerJCCz

Pics? And ya glad you got it out!
Old 07-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Hsummer

I've used Scratch X before and it has worked very well. Try using some Mirror Glaze afterwards and it really makes a difference. I did this after someone keyed mine and it pretty much took care of it.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:35 AM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

sit on your porch and the next time the UPS truck rolls by, hit it with a RPG.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:54 AM
xsupan0va

Originally Posted by illjim69
sit on your porch and the next time the UPS truck rolls by, hit it with a RPG.
lol gta style
Old 07-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Tunismo

Originally Posted by pgraham86
So yesterday I was washing my car and finshed. I then proceeded to go inside and grab a bit to eat before I waxed it. Not an hour later when I return to the car there is a 14 inch scratch from the middle of the rear fender to the door handle! I was PISSED>. The only thing that I could come up with was that it was the UPS guy. He dropped off a box at my house when I was inside. The scratch still had the clearcoat beaded up around it so that I could run my finger on it and it would be on my hand. I proceeded to call UPS and they told me that if I did not see him do it than no complaint can be filled. My car was about 30 yard from the road in MY DRIVEWAY! Who the hell comes in someones driveway to vandalize a car? I used my fingernail for about an hour smoothing out the scratch with some good wax then I went to Advanced Auto and got some Meguiars ScratchX. This product worked miracles on the scratch. I massaged it in about 9 times and repeated waxing between every treatment with scratchx. I can barely see the scratch now only a light discoloration. If any one of you have any kind of scratch on your car that does not break the paint USE scratch X. I swear by this product and it is well worth the 9 dollars I spent on it.
Awww maaan!!!! I live in Virginia Beach also!!! and The SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!! I was parked outside my neighborhood harris teeter (across from the courthouse) and went inside to get something to drink..Only to come back outside and find a 12-14 inch key mark on the passenger side of my z. My z is black, so it shows up pretty well. SO now not only did both of our Z's get keyed, but also my friends Z as well. Makes 3 of us. Someone is obviously goin around and keyin up people's Z's. This ****in sucks but thanks for the scratch X advice bro. send me a message and you can tell me more about it and we'll go from there. WHAT A SURPRISE!! FORREAL