Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino Z2, Z5 questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 12:03 PM
Fab_vr6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what size is the best for the DF towers? On the website it showed a few sizes. Are they easy to clean just like normal cotton towels? Show I wait till I order these towels before I start my Zanio application?

Thanks

Gary
Old 11-09-2003, 02:48 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Kevin Overall
Try using the DF towel for drying and for the Z-6 also. The DF towel and Z-6 is just pure magic.....
Kevin,

I had originally thought about doing that until reading another member's post on here about the DFTs soaking up all the Z-6. That made sense to me since they are so obsorbent. I try get the most "mileage" out of my Z-6 so this didnt seem like a good option. So far using the hand size Fieldcrests with Z-6 has worked out fairly well. Maybe next time i give her a wash Ill try out the Z-6 with the DFTs.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:53 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Fab_vr6
what size is the best for the DF towers? On the website it showed a few sizes. Are they easy to clean just like normal cotton towels? Show I wait till I order these towels before I start my Zanio application?

Thanks

Gary
Fab,

The DF towels are machine washable just like ordinary towels. I purchased 2 xtra smalls, 2 smalls and 2 mediums. If I could go back, I would have still got the 2 xtra smalls (great for applying zaino), 2 mediums (great for removing zaino) and 2 large (would be great for drying after a wash) The website suggests the mediums can be used to dry the car, but for a streakless finish, they are too small IMO. I would definitely wait until you get these before you start the Zaino process.

Good luck!
Old 11-09-2003, 03:31 PM
SungNamZ

Thanks

Gary
I would wait! Leo will have you your DF Towels within a few days of ordering. Like others have said, two (2) of their smallest for applying Z5 and Z2. Two (2) of their medium for applying and buffing Z6. I fold the medium and use one side of applying, then flip and use the other for buffing. After doing half the vehicle, reverse the fold and uses same process. I use the large for removing the Z5 and Z2. When using the very small, and applying Z5 or Z2 with ZFX, I make sure I soak in a heavy concentration of Dawn. Then wash all my DF Towels and "BigBlue", followed by a short rinse.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:53 PM
Kevin Overall

Thanks

Gary
I find the medium size are the best all around for taking off Zaino polish and for using the Z-6.

The large which I am going to start stocking and selling are probably going to be the best for drying.

Just wash in the machine with liquid detergent only, cleans just like any other towel.

The towels you use are actually MORE important than the wax or polish you use in order to keep a paint in perfect shape. Most of my Zaino customers order their Zaino and their towels from me at the same time......

Last edited by Kevin Overall; 11-09-2003 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Kevin Overall

Originally posted by ___DJK___
Kevin,

I had originally thought about doing that until reading another member's post on here about the DFTs soaking up all the Z-6. That made sense to me since they are so obsorbent. I try get the most "mileage" out of my Z-6 so this didnt seem like a good option. So far using the hand size Fieldcrests with Z-6 has worked out fairly well. Maybe next time i give her a wash Ill try out the Z-6 with the DFTs.

Thanks for the suggestion.
The DF towel makes the Z-6 dissapate much, much faster which means I can cut my Z-6ing time in just about half which I like. The paint still gets the full benefit of the Z-6 as to use Z-6 the whole idea is to get it to go away faster, evaporate, or dissapate, however you want to think about it in order to apply a very thin layer of Z-6 on the surface so no contamination can stick and in order to increase the gloss and slickness. I find that after the DF soask up so much of the Z-6 that you can put the Z-6 bottle down and just wipe the surface off which what Z-6 has build up in the towel, DF actually makes the Z-6 go further, not using near as much Z-6 as before.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:23 PM
DFTowel

Ok guys, a little Towel Use and Care 101:

Glass and QD: These towels absorb a lot more than cotton BUT they absorb at a slower rate. Keeping this in mind the trick to using them for glass cleaning, quick detailing sprays, or any liquid application is to first spray the liquid on the surface, then wipe QUICKLY with the towel to evenly spread the cleaner or QD, then fold the towel and wiper and buff slowly. You will find this works best and you will absolutely use much less product this way.

Polishing and wax removal: the trick is not to use too much wax or polish, excessive product serves no purpose other than to gunk up your towels and use up your wax. Rtemember, only the wax or polish that touches the paint is of any use, anything else is just forcing you to buy more and work harder.

Drying: I prefer to use a leaf blower to first dry my car then slowly pass a clean dry DF towel over the surface to dry off any excess.

Cleaning: they can be washed in hot water, in fact, hot water is recommended because it will easily remove any built up wax in the towels. Remember to always us liquid detergents and follow the manufacturer's quantity recommendations as using too much will leave a film on the towels. Don't use fabric softeners or bleach. Dry them in the dryer using hot air, this will fluff them up and add a slight static charge which helps in dusting and buffing. Also, don't use dryer sheets, they just add a silicone coating.