Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

headliner

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:29 PM
RanFerr_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headliner

hey guys I was wondering what product or process you guys use to clean the 350z's stock headliner. The headliner has a weird texture, I tried using a interior cleaner I used in my DD(honda) and it worked fine for the seats and everything else in the interior(not dash and plastic pieces, just the cloth parts).

I tried using it on the Z's headliner and it made a huge spot. My headliner is getting kinda dingy so I was wondering what you guys use or do to clean it.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:08 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by RanFerr_350z
hey guys I was wondering what product or process you guys use to clean the 350z's stock headliner. The headliner has a weird texture, I tried using a interior cleaner I used in my DD(honda) and it worked fine for the seats and everything else in the interior(not dash and plastic pieces, just the cloth parts).

I tried using it on the Z's headliner and it made a huge spot. My headliner is getting kinda dingy so I was wondering what you guys use or do to clean it.
Well.. theres 2 ways I've done it but your going to have to do the whole headliner, if not your going to notice one clean spot. I used a small bucket with water, Bug sponge, dry micro fiber cloth and interior cleaner. First you dip the sponge in the bucket, next you spray the cleaner into the sponge, lastly dont scrub but rather dabble it evenly, lastly you wipe with the dry cloth.

Secondly I maintain it buy wiping it down with a Chamois when doing the interior... this may work for you unless you've really got some crap up there.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:06 AM
glenns280

im a smoker so i use a steam cleaner with a little ap cleaner
Old 06-09-2010, 09:40 AM
RanFerr_350z

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Well.. theres 2 ways I've done it but your going to have to do the whole headliner, if not your going to notice one clean spot. I used a small bucket with water, Bug sponge, dry micro fiber cloth and interior cleaner. First you dip the sponge in the bucket, next you spray the cleaner into the sponge, lastly dont scrub but rather dabble it evenly, lastly you wipe with the dry cloth.

Secondly I maintain it buy wiping it down with a Chamois when doing the interior... this may work for you unless you've really got some crap up there.
I like this idea the material is a really coarse and you can't really scrub it because it starts to fray. Dabbing the material seems more logical.

Just curious what material cleaner do you use? I bought a regular interior cleaner, smells pretty harsh and it foams up to lift dirt. Did wonders for my other cars. Its not that bad but I noticed that it's starting to get darker in spots, possibly from passengers putting their hands up there and touching the headliner, who knows.

Thanks again bro!!
Old 06-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by RanFerr_350z
I like this idea the material is a really coarse and you can't really scrub it because it starts to fray. Dabbing the material seems more logical.

Just curious what material cleaner do you use? I bought a regular interior cleaner, smells pretty harsh and it foams up to lift dirt. Did wonders for my other cars. Its not that bad but I noticed that it's starting to get darker in spots, possibly from passengers putting their hands up there and touching the headliner, who knows.

Thanks again bro!!
No problem.. hopefully you get the results your looking for.I use Griots Garage interior cleaner.. it doesnt smell bad and is light. My headliner gets dirty b/c I roll with the windows down alot.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:18 PM
sdZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got tired of constantly cleaning the headliner, so I painted it black with fabric paint... Then, when I would take out the seats to vaccum the car, I would always forget to take off the headrest, so it would scrape the headliner and I would have to retouch certain spots... I said phak it, and just wrapped it in suede...
Old 06-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

The 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover is the perfect cleaner for the headliner and a lot more. I use it on vinyl, plastic, rubber, fabrics and more. It's very gentle yet highly effective all over the interior. If you have any other questions please let me know!
Old 06-15-2010, 02:28 AM
RanFerr_350z

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
The 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover is the perfect cleaner for the headliner and a lot more. I use it on vinyl, plastic, rubber, fabrics and more. It's very gentle yet highly effective all over the interior. If you have any other questions please let me know!
Thank you, I will be most likely be making a purchase soon