Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Brushless Car Washes

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 06:12 PM
2Fishy4U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless Car Washes

Since I got my Z in April of this year I have always washed the car by hand based on the many recommendations on this board. However, winter is coming to Wisconsin and I wondered what you all think about taking the car through a brushless wash.

In part, what prompts my question is the State uses so much salt that perhaps the car wash would do a better job of removing the salt from the underbody.

I do not plan to drive the Z in ice and snow, but nonetheless I am sure the car will give some salt on it.

Your thoughts.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:03 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how much can it hurt? tho I remember last winter, people in snowy areas put those little lawn sprinklers under their car to clean it
Old 11-13-2003, 07:21 PM
afr0puff

Avoid the ones that are operated by a pressure plate inside tire rails. They will scratch up your rims if they aren't wide enough. I've seen it happen to too many wheels.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:12 PM
mrZeee

the only prob I can think of is that most car washes recycle water... which means that every car going thru is washing salt off and getting sprayed with recycled soapy salt water..
Old 11-14-2003, 03:33 AM
SungNamZ

Default Re: Brushless Car Washes

Originally posted by 2Fishy4U
Since I got my Z in April of this year I have always washed the car by hand based on the many recommendations on this board. However, winter is coming to Wisconsin and I wondered what you all think about taking the car through a brushless wash.

In part, what prompts my question is the State uses so much salt that perhaps the car wash would do a better job of removing the salt from the underbody.

I do not plan to drive the Z in ice and snow, but nonetheless I am sure the car will give some salt on it.

Your thoughts.
I'm a Territory Manager for 7 units in NM and CO. I used my units until I installed the CAI. Just to much pressure on the unit through the grill. It will do an excellent job on the underside. Also, if you must drive on a "plate" to activate, stay to the right. That way the outside of your rims will not come in contact with "plate" frame. If the one you use does not have doors, take someone along to help guide you the first few times. I do not use "recycled" water, but "yes" some do. Good Luck!
Old 11-14-2003, 06:50 AM
Beaker02

I worry about gettingmyrims scratched up and somebody breakingoffmy rear wiper on drying. That's what keepsme out.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:51 AM
Beaker02

Wow. The computer i'm on hasa space barproblem.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:37 PM
zh.guitar
Leave your mark!

I use one on a regular basis and have no problems. Definately watch the driver's side rim if you have to dive over the plate. It is an easy thing to avoid if you are aware.