Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

CrystalGuard: Say Good-Bye to WAX TODAY!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003 | 03:52 PM
shaneotool

In the final step, can I use the California water blade to dry the car, or does it have to be chamois.
Old 04-09-2003 | 04:19 PM
syf0n

Originally posted by ExoticZ
So, still no BEFORE and AFTER pics of an OLD beater car yet huh?!

Hey, I have a great product for making NEW cars look absolutely fantastic! It's called soap and water!
I guarantee your car will never look bad again everytime you use this stuff!

Now remember, everytime you use it, you have to pay me royalties as it is my idea!

Since you won't shut the crap up, next time I was my friend's ****-beaten black 12 year old 3000GT with massive scratches all up and down it, I'll take high res photos. That was convincing enough for me. I will take photos showing how reflective it is and how it fills in swirls. Even though his hood is covered in chips because it has never been repainted, I think you'll be surprised.

It might be a few days to a week since rain is dumping from the sky like the middle of the jungle right now.
Old 04-10-2003 | 09:16 AM
ExoticZ

Good! This is exactly the kind of proof that EVERYBODY needs.
And no, I won't "shut the crap up."

I posted a challenge to prove me wrong. And you're the first taker!
Old 04-10-2003 | 03:56 PM
Pat1USMC

mytalon, you have a great point.

I think the guy selling the Crystalguard should explain the ridiculous shipping costs. I just got mine the other day and theres no way in hell that little box cost almost $8 to ship since it took a week and half to get it.
Old 04-10-2003 | 07:54 PM
mrrsx350z

Originally posted by Pat1USMC
mytalon, you have a great point.

I think the guy selling the Crystalguard should explain the ridiculous shipping costs. I just got mine the other day and theres no way in hell that little box cost almost $8 to ship since it took a week and half to get it.
yeah, seriously.. the product costs 24 bucks but costs another 8 bucks? and we need DETAILED instructions. it only worked on my car when i left it on for TWO HOURS like max hax said. other than that, it didn't do anything! im disappointed by the amount of money i wasted, but i do like the results of the THIRD COAT. i did one coat on my friend's civic, nothing. looks the same. this is just CGQ, and im sure normal CG works good. but damn, what's up with that? it works good on new cars to the third coat, but one coat on a old car just aint cutting if you aint applying it right. but don't take my word for it, try CGQ on your new car and im sure it will be fine. but beware, you need at least 2 hours for it to bond or something or else you'll just be wiping it off.
Old 04-10-2003 | 07:58 PM
mrrsx350z

yeah why cant it be free shipping like clubrsx for ground?
Old 04-11-2003 | 03:43 AM
mytalon

I found a local place that sells blackfire and bought that, $8 for a 16 oz package is robbery. Sorry but this is how I feel!
Old 04-11-2003 | 01:31 PM
Pat1USMC

So where is the guy now? THis forum is supposed to be sponsored by Crystalguard, he replied to every damn post in the beginning, and now we have some unhappy customers, and theres no reply.
I put on coat on, noticed it was smooth, but nothing special. It rained heavily the next couple days so i figured i'd put another coat on today. Nothing special again. What am i doing wrong? How can i leave the stuff on for 2 hours, won't the sun bake it on? Plus, that completely defeats the purpose of Crystalguard. It was supposed to be quick and easy.
Old 04-11-2003 | 04:16 PM
syf0n

where does it say anything about taking two hours??? I have applied it numerous times, it takes like 15 minutes tops. I must be missing something, or getting something that you don't...
Old 04-11-2003 | 05:44 PM
amartin

Default Crystal Guard, first impressions...

Hi Guys! My name is Aaron... I actually am just Trolling here because a friend from work bought a 350z... I'm a regular on s2000online.com, and have done extensive reports on "waxes" (polishes/sealants/carnuba's/polymers/etc..).

I'm no 'expert', and certainly unqualified by all standards, but I do enjoy cleaning my car(s) to make them look as good as possible.

I've done reports on Zaino, Blackfire, Zymol, etc... (under the wash and wax forum on S2000online.com)... but whatever-- I read this thread and thought I'de go ahead and give Crystal Guard a try.

First impressions:

I spent $49.95 + $8 shipping... I thought I got a 10 or 20% discount from the webpage? Hrrmph.

I received my box after about 1 week.. ($8 bucks for 1 week? Where did it come from china?).

Received a 2oz bottle. Umm... $58 bucks for 2oz? Okay, so I called... spoke to 'Mike'. Explained how I received a bottle about the size of a shampoo-travel-bottle... They said they would send out the 6.75oz bottle. Ok, mistakes happen. Fair enough. They were cool about it. I can respect that.

Okay, down to the nitty-gritty:

Washed the truck (This isn't going on my S2K until I convince myself its somehow superior to Zaino)...

Sprayed it on...wiped it around... sprayed it off.

It seemed to leave 'something' behind as was reacted differently than before-- VERYYYY much like Rain-X on a windshield... u know, that kind of look on thin water when you spray rubbing alcohol on it? Looked a LOT like that.

Its about 70 degrees and night-time, so no sun... I don't know the visual results yet, but I'll post a report tomorrow.. I did leave 1 section un-done..so we can get a side-by-side.

If "LOOKS" like I'm just putting rubbing alcohol+silicon on the surface... I hope there's more to it. But I'm very skeptical-- Momma always said, "If it looks to good to be true..."

Anyway, I'll post further results tomorrow.

-- Aaron
p.s. S2000 > 350z's :-) [Just kidding]
Old 04-11-2003 | 07:37 PM
shaneotool

Just thought I'd post this cause I havn't seen it here yet - you have to put "350ZROCKS" in some space on the order form (can't remember where) to get the discount. Took me a while to figure it out.

Oh yeah, I haven't put it on my car yet.
Old 04-11-2003 | 10:17 PM
12SecZ

Thumbs up CQQ

it only worked on my car when i left it on for TWO HOURS like max hax said. other than that, it didn't do anything! im disappointed by the amount of money i wasted, but i do like the results of the THIRD COAT
-----------

Something is wrong with my quote feature and my Weather doesn't work, Tako must be on vaction folks he will be back just as sure as death and taxes.

Meanwhile let's not slam him too hard while he is not here to defend himself.

I agree and have stated from the *beggining*that it works best if left on for 2 hours. I maintain that statement.

I was a beta tester (Monitor) and recieved special instructions.

These instructions included "Tako's tips and tricks. "Leaving it on for 2 hours is one of the tips that work best for me. With his permission I would like to post the half page tips and tricks paper I got beceuase they are great! Or maybe the full 2 pages!

I am *still* sold on this product, I can't speak for older cars though and won't pretend to but on my Z I love it.

To the poster with 3 coats may I suggest you do a 4th coat leaving it on for 2 hours (away from direct sunlight like in a garage) and then buff it out softly after rinsing (most of it comes off with water) and then post a pic like I did?

I want to see it and I will host the pic!

My pics and the looks my car gets speak for themselves because my car sees the track, dust, grime from job sites etc. It is garaged though. I was even asked to be placed in a upcoming car show in Sonoma all expenses and entry paid!

Tako is obviuosly MIA for a good reason because I just read on Usenet alt.auto.nissan.z-car that new members can't even join and some of my functions are not working.

The board is free, I respect him for allowing us to use it and the moderators do a GREAT job (try some other boards that are heavy handed w/ moderators and you will see)

Not trying to say complaints are not justified just trying to help.

If someone in power says "OK post the tips and tricks " and detailed instructions (2 pages) I will. Maybe they should be included in the package. As for the coupon, I bought a second bottle and my coupon worked! I don't waste 50 bones on a crap product just make sure you have the instructions correct before wasting it, that is my 2 cents towards helping everyone!
Old 04-12-2003 | 06:51 AM
Pat1USMC

I believe you, but the bottom line is the name is Crystal Guard QUICK. QUICK!!!
2 hours and then buffing it out is not quick! What if you don't have a garage like me? Then i pretty much wasted fifty bucks! We might as well buy a normal wax. I've never heard of leaving something on for 2 hours...
Old 04-12-2003 | 08:25 AM
12SecZ

Default I never checked

Do they have a money back guarantee for 30 days like some products? Did you use CGW first or do any prep work?

You don't have to leave it on for 2 hours it should work as stated I just like doing it that way.

I don't count the 2 hours as work because I am usually watching a basketball game or something.

That 2 hours shouldn't count as "work hours."

You don't need a garage I was just giving an example.

Early in the morning or at dusk or on the side of the building, just avoid direct sunlight, this holds true for all wax jobs!

But this product is bonding to your surface not just forming wayers of "wax."

So I let it bond while I kick it, I'm like bond away while I watch this game or whatever. And 80 % of it comes off after rinsing its still considered "quick" compared to wax, just rinse it off. I just normally have a few spots I like to buff out, hood etc.

As with all other products the more layers the better. Don't just do one layer and give up on the product!

Last edited by 12SecZ; 04-12-2003 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-12-2003 | 09:07 AM
amartin

Default ~

I did a side-by-side comparison of CG against a normal everyday generic wax... (Real Carnuba, not a synthetic).

Pics of the process:

http://lonestar.texas.net/~amartin/CG/

Vehicle: Ford Explorer Sportrack 2001... (I wasn't about to risk trying this product on my S2000), and the truck is left outside constantly, so its more of a real-world-test than a garage queen...
The quarterpanel that is being tested has fine stratches (from washing/drying), and hard-water spots.

Basics of the test:
1) One half of a quarterpanel is CG'd... and compared against the other half (which hasn't been waxed in over 1 year).
2) Inspect CG side for fine-scratch filling, water spots, and residue.
3) Compare CG side to other half.
4) Wax other half of panel and inspect like step #2
5) Compare waxed side versus CG side.

Although its very hard to tell in the pics because (too much reflection), the CG side that was done >still< had WATER SPOTS all over it...
There was no shine "above" the un-waxed side (eg. I couldn't tell a difference from the CG versus untouched side). Furthermore, the fine scratches weren't "filled" by any means.

The side that was just waxed removed all the water spots completely and was considerably shinnier (although, again, thats hard to tell in the pics), and the fine scratches were completely gone.

You can also see the random unmarked 2oz bottle I was sent... Very generic, not that we need pretty print on a bottle, but I sure felt like I was using ma-and-pa's back-yard brew.

In my unqualified opinion I don't care for this stuff... Work in = Work out...

Personally, I'll be staying with the more 'popular' brands that tried and true tested.

-- Aaron
Old 04-12-2003 | 03:05 PM
syf0n

Thanks for the comparison. I'd just like to note that I apply the CGQ a completely different way. I do not wash it out after i have rubbed it into the car -- I simply buff it into the car and leave it. Quicker, less work, and....no wax streaks.

While I agree that it doesn't looks much shinier than normal wax, it is much quicker and leaves no water spots -- I assume the sports were there because you washed again after you applied the CGQ? That's a little wierd. I never read in the instructions that it was to be applied that way. Anyways, good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Old 04-12-2003 | 05:58 PM
350z_tako
Know it all
Premier Member

Hi, I am in bali for biz now. Internet connection sucks here.
I am afraid some people applied it wrong. This product really works so far. I did many demos at detailers and my shop. People are really impressed though. Are you guys rubbing to hard or something when you wipe it.........? Did you shake the bottle well before application? Didn't you use too much CG per application?

Who the hell wants to sell "junk" to members here!! Any opinion from the users who had good results???
Old 04-13-2003 | 03:13 PM
syf0n

Ah...

Another day, another coat of CGQ. It looks I spent 4 hours waxing it...and it took 45 minutes (including detail!)
Old 04-13-2003 | 03:15 PM
jesseenglish

You've got to be Sh!tting me, $65.90 for a bottle of who knows what. I think you all got taken for a ride and tako is driving. Thanks amartin for your test. So far the only comparison test I've seen is from him and it's not blowin my skirt up. I think I'll stick to my zaino.
Old 04-13-2003 | 03:24 PM
syf0n

Good luck with the zaino

Quick Reply: CrystalGuard: Say Good-Bye to WAX TODAY!!