Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

CrystalGuard: Say Good-Bye to WAX TODAY!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003 | 04:15 PM
12SecZ

"Good luck with the zaino "

Ditto,

Whatever works best on your car. On my car it's CG and I have before and after pics at my website and fired my detailer (although he is still my mechanic and friend )

You can only get taken for a ride if you allow yourself to.

If shipping is too much don't pay it, but it's not fair to come here and slam a product based on what others say about it, unless you try it yourself.

That's my 2 cents.

As long as you are happy with what you are using that is all that matters right?

My car is a mirror *after* 3 days of rain!

I have enough to last 2 years left!

2 years of detailing would cost me 8 times as much!
Old 04-14-2003 | 12:30 PM
Razorkat

Default Crystal Guard questions

Hi there,

I am Tako's Business Manager. He is traveling right at the moment, and has very limited internet access.

As far as the shipping costs are concerned: we are using UPS, and are getting the price directly from their online rating system.
At this time because it is a start up venture, we cannot provide "free shipping". If I can do this in any less expensive manner, then I will try.

Instructions for the Quick product can be obtained by emailing me at: kat@4dmatrix.com or you may call our Sales Manager, Jim Campos at 650-969-9946 or email him at jim@crystalguard.com.

We also have Video Instructions at our website: http://www.crystalguard.com

I hope that some of this helps. And please don't hesitate to
contact me directly if there is anything that I may assist you with.

Kat
Old 04-17-2003 | 11:48 AM
Razorkat

Default Coupon for Crystal Guard

Hi Folks,

MANAGER'S SPECIAL!

By special request, I am extending the expiration date for the
CrystalGuard coupon to:

May 15, 2003

Thanks for all of your support!

Kat
Old 04-17-2003 | 08:49 PM
12SecZ

Default Another important fact about CGQ being overlooked lately

My car has been rained on about 4 times now all night while I was working (it's normally in the garage) it still shines like new. No other product (especially my old 100% pure Carnuba liquid wax) did this.

Just another reason why I will stick with this product!

Edit add

P.S.

I have had a couple of requests for Tako's tips and tricks but my 2nd bottle didn't come with it and I can't find the original.

It would be a GREAT selling point and help to others if you could posts his "tips and tricks" because interested parties are asking as are people who bought the product.

Just an FYI for you sir.

Last edited by 12SecZ; 04-17-2003 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-19-2003 | 04:32 AM
BillR

I put CG on last weekend and the car had the best shine I've seen. This is from a die hard Zaino user. Well the pollen is thick here, and it rained Thurs, and Fri. Other cars in the lot at work (some w/ Zaino) had pollen spots all over them. My car w/ CG still looked clean and shiny! THAT was a suprise!!
Well today (Sat) I plan to go wash and do coat #2!

Yeah CG is expensive, but how much was your car and how much do you want to protect it? It's all relative.

Last edited by BillR; 04-19-2003 at 04:35 AM.
Old 04-19-2003 | 03:36 PM
Razorkat

Default Tako's Tips and Tricks

Got the message about Tako's Tips and Tricks.

I have emailed a number of copies to folks from my office, and will post them here on the mailing list when I get in on Monday.

I just set up a new home system, and have not popped my work email yet.

Thanks,

Kat
Old 04-19-2003 | 04:54 PM
12SecZ

Default Cool Kat

I'm sure it will be much appreciated and enlightening to some.
Old 04-19-2003 | 05:01 PM
Razorkat

Default More Tips and Tricks

Another thought occurred to me.....(can you smell my hair burning?)...

Tako added short videos onto the Crystal Guard website that also
shows Crystal Guard Quick Tips and Tricks.

Check it out at:

http://www.crystalguard.com/instruction.html

Sorry about that I should have thought about it sooner....

Kat
Old 04-22-2003 | 05:00 AM
stinger

I love to keep my Z loooking spotless at all times. Seeing I have a brickyard I am dying to see the difference this product can make. BTW where canI get those wheels, the are DA bomb.
Old 04-22-2003 | 07:18 AM
amartin

Well, my evaluation period is over...

I've removed the screen shots... What ever "was" on from CG is now gone (wow..durability of about 1 week..what a bargan).

Anyway, they mistakenly sent me the 2oz bottle instead of the 6.5oz bottle... So, I have a completely UNUSED bottle of the $60 bottle.

So-- FOR SALE: (1) 6.5oz bottle of unused CG, $30 bucks+$8 shipping and its yours.

Note: I only have the one bottle... I'll accept personal check, bottle will be sent out upon receipt of the check to my home address. If you need 'personal' references, visit www.s2000online.com and post in the Central Texas forum as needed.

-- Aaron
Old 04-22-2003 | 12:36 PM
BillR

Originally posted by amartin
Well, my evaluation period is over...

So-- FOR SALE: (1) 6.5oz bottle of unused CG, $30 bucks+$8 shipping and its yours. -- Aaron
Aaron,

I'll take it if you still have it. Please email me where to send it:
brip@infionline.net
Old 04-22-2003 | 01:26 PM
silverz

Default Skeptical user here.....

After a week of having my bottle of Crystal Guard I finally applied it today. First I washed the car with Dawn, clay-barred the entire car and then washed it again with dawn. I then applied the Crystal Guard exactly like the instructions indicated and WOW!!!!!!!!! This stuff really works. It's just like everyone is saying. It's soooooooo easy to apply and take off. Believe me, I was VERY skeptical about something that (A) doesn't take all day to put on/off and (B) sprays on and wipes off. I am a believer in the product now. My car's very shiny and extremely smooth to the touch. I will buying a second bottle for my wife's Lexus SUV and for future uses on my Z.
Old 04-22-2003 | 06:33 PM
BillR

Can someone please post the tips & tricks for Crystalguard?

BTW: here is a pic of the car w/ the 2nd coat of CG:
Attached Thumbnails CrystalGuard: Say Good-Bye to WAX TODAY!!-rtfrnt2.jpg  

Last edited by BillR; 04-22-2003 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-22-2003 | 09:42 PM
12SecZ

Default 5th application going on!

I just washed my car with a soft non abrasive name brand gel wash and rinsed it thoroughly.

Then I applied it on my car and rims (no windows this time PITA to remove from my windows) this is the 2nd coat for my rims, 5th for my car.

I used a new micro fiber towel (3 bucks at Kragen) and applied it in very smooth strokes straight lines up and down, not circles, starting at the top of the car and working my way down, half of the car at a time.

It was a cool 55 degrees at application time so drying wasn't an issue; I washed my car and rinsed it outside then applied it softly inside the garage under good lighting. I used less than 1/8 of the bottle for this application and it is going to sit on my car in about 50-45 degree weather overnight just bonding!

Then I will rinse it well with a hose tomorrow and dry it with a chamois cloth using the same vertical strokes until it is dry. Then I take it on the freeway to get the mirror and tire droplets off then dry the whole thing again.

Then I will buff a few areas that need it and Wet N Shine my tires and be ready for the track tomorrow looking good!

As for the person who said it only lasted one week, that wasn't the case with my car. I haven't washed my car at all and it has been to the track and driven to work daily and been rained on about 4 times and was still shining when I washed it. In fact the water was just beading off when I first rinsed it tonight!

This is not a tip or trick this is something I like to do. The longer it stays on the more bonding for me.

I spent about 30 minutes tonight and now it's just sitting out there soaking the stuff up!

Too bad CG didn't send me a white well designed CQ sticker to go with my Eibach and Zex decals because it would definitely get people asking what it is and my car will be busy on the circuit this season at the track and at a few shows. Free advertising for you!

Just a suggestion!
Old 04-22-2003 | 09:56 PM
syf0n

Sadly, the CGQ qears off my car very very quickly. When my bottle was wearing low, I applied a good coat to it and then Blackfired the car twice. I now has an amazingly shiney car that, for some reason, refuses to get dirty. As soon as I drive the dust on the car spills off, regardless of how tiny the particles are. It's great!
Old 04-23-2003 | 03:17 PM
Razorkat

Default Tips, Tricks and Coupons

Hi folks,

At the end of this message I will finally post the Tips and Tricks from my file. I had a death in the family and it set me back a few paces.

Also, my bad....when I extended the life of the online coupon, I did not realize that Tako needed to update the X-cart system to accept the new dates. I have since spoken to him and hope to have that problem resolved very soon.

I'm very sorry for my jumping the gun like that.

Anyway, below are the Tips and Tricks....

Tako¡¦s CrystalGuard Tips!!

ƒÜ When you spray CrystalGuard Quick, you don¡¦t need to use a lot. Just spray it to cover whole body area and then spread gently with Micro Fiber. You can tell that CrystalGuard is on the body by the white spot over the water.
Ć If you would like to see the significant difference, I recommend you repeat the application 3 or 4 times over a week or so. (or in a day, if you want, hehehe). Unlike other products, the more you apply, the better the CrystalGuard surface looks and feels. Multiple applications make sense only with CrystalGuard!!!
ƒÜ When you wipe CrystalGuard quick, the surface may look hazy but no worries! Don¡¦t try to wipe it too strongly. Even if you cannot remove those hazes completely at that time, you can always use CrystalGuard wash at the next car wash!
ƒÜ If you want to eliminate ¡§wiping¡¨ procedures to avoid adding swirls completely, you can just wash your car with ¡§CrystalGuard wash¡¨ a few hours after you do the application.
Ć CrystalGuard sometimes needs up to 48 hours to provide you the best results. Your car looks better the next morning. Just touch your car every morning to see the difference!!
Ć Use CrystalGuard for auto body, wheels, bumpers, chrome parts, and wood panels. No need to mask for application.

If you would like to read more details about the product, you can always visit http://www.crystalguard.com/

Thanks,

Kat
Old 04-24-2003 | 08:58 AM
christoc

I spoke with Chris at Custom Exotica, they are going to send me out a new bottle of the pro base as mine leaked in shipment. I think there's enough left in the bottle to do this car this weekend, hopefully, as their shipment will probably come on Monday. Thanks for the good service so far! It was nice being able to talk to someone helpful.

Chris

Last edited by christoc; 04-24-2003 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-24-2003 | 04:35 PM
Razorkat

Thanks Chris!

I agree the folks at Custom Exotica are on top of it. Granted we all make mistakes, even shipping the wrong size bottle. But I have to give them credit. They jump on each problem right away, and take care of each customer with the highest level of professionalism.

I would expect no less of them, since I have seen them work. Between Crystal Guard sales, detail service and their custom audio, video and navigation work, they are the best.

Take care, and thanks again for the positive feedback.

Kat
Old 04-26-2003 | 01:54 AM
350z_tako
Know it all
Premier Member

Coupon extended until 5/15
Thank you very much!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2003 | 09:11 PM
zh.guitar
Leave your mark!
Premier Member

Thumbs up first impressions with CG

I finally got my Z. I had it two days and it got rained on. Here in New Mexico that means dirt. So I washed her. Took it to the corner car was. Of course brushless. Hit it with the power soapy sprayer for 2 min then rinsed for 2 min. Drove home and got the hose out.

It was about 72 degrees out and the black car was drying up fast. I had to apply the Crystal Guard Quick in sections so it was wet where I was working. After I cover the car I pulled it into the garage. I used about 1/4 th of the bottle. In retrospect I probably used TOO MUCH. I detailed the inside a little and waited for the CG to set up. I waited no longer than 45 min. I back out the car into the driveway and noticed a white haze over the entire car.

I started to wipe it off and realized it was easier than buffing wax but more work than I expected. Started having some doubts. Then I remembered a previous post here that said to hose it down again. I used the hose in sections to rinse and used a high absorbant microfiber towel thingy from Kragen (6.99) Then it happened. Instead of the water beading off the car like at the car wash and during the application phase, the water just rolled of the car. I'm not kidding. It just rolled off. I dried off the car and there was a very nice shine that was pretty deep.

It was better than the detail the delear gave me. They hand washed and waxed it for me while I waited. 2 hours.

I would say that the CG whole process took about 2 hours. Including interior detail and just waiting. In reality about 1 hour of "work" on the CG itself. It was worth it. I can't wait to see how additional coats will look.

I drove it 150 miles since then and dirt and dust just doesn't stick as much.

I added a clear bra (after the initial CG coat) so I will see how the CG works over the bra.

Overall impression is excellent.

Maybe it should be called Crystal Guard "easy" instead of "quick".

zhguitar

p.s. I am in no way connected with the manufacturer of this product. This is a completely objective review.

Quick Reply: CrystalGuard: Say Good-Bye to WAX TODAY!!