Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 08:03 PM
zcombat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I strongly recommend this stuff. It is well worth it. I used to use zaino and IMO this produt is as good or even better. The dark/rich look it gives my black paint is incredible. The spray wax is also a nice product besides the tech wax. it layers on top of the tech wax or replenish the gloss of the tech wax.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:18 AM
z_drifto

At the Bmw dealership I work at, the nxt generation wax is the only stuff we use. The meguiars rep. who came in gave us a whole bunch of bottles for free, which are now sitting in my garage , a couple weeks ago. The stuff is great and it smells wonderful.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:18 AM
z_drifto

At the Bmw dealership I work at, the nxt generation wax is the only stuff we use. The meguiars rep. who came in gave us a whole bunch of bottles for free, which are now sitting in my garage , a couple weeks ago. The stuff is great and it smells wonderful.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:31 AM
fixdrummer

Talking

I just did my silverstone over the weekend w/ nxt and I am just amazed at the results. Its the slickest and clearest my z has ever been. I was using crystal guard but this is a lot cheaper and far better results. I washed it with dawn and then clayed it and then washed it again w/ dawn. dried it off then started to apply the nxt. I put a very thin, even layer and let it dry for 30 min. it was very easy to take off w/ no dust. woke up this morning and it is gleaming even more today. I might just do another coat today just for the heck of it! I highly recommend this product and I have a friend who only uses zanio on his bmw z3 and he was very impressed at my results and said he might make the switch to nxt because its a whole lot cheaper and you can get it at our pep boys.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:47 AM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm definately liking the results that I've gotten so far, check out my pics.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=63249
Old 03-04-2004, 02:32 PM
Bad Azz

Default Wow!!

Finally found some NXT on Tuesday and used it yesterday (WED).
All I can say is WOW!!! This stuff is amazing! I wasn't able to see it in sunlight, as I finished in the dark using some shop lights. Even with the shop lights, which are very bright, I could see how shiny and reflective it was. There was no glare, no tiny scratches, just pure color. (btw, I have a DB)

This stuff is BAD AZZ!! (haha)

Just wish I could post pictures.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:07 AM
Keo

Default Fog

I finished my second application of NXT Generation Tech Wax and am happy to say that the process worked well even in 90% humidity and somewhat foggy conditions. My pictures are just average since the sun was blocked by fog.
3 pictures and 1 of the fog
Old 03-09-2004, 10:13 AM
volatile

how much of this stuff are you guys putting on and how long are you leaving it on for? I think I may have applied too much and/or left it on for longer than the 10-15 minutes the bottle recommends. As a result, it was hard to wipe off and when I did wipe it off there were certain areas I had streaks or some sort of weird residue that wouldn't buff out. I used my wash mitt with soap and water and luckily that got it out before I suffered any permanent damage.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Keo

By hand, I've been using a quarter-sized amount to cover half the hood, etc. I think I had to use a little more than that for the first application, but now a little goes a long way. I've been doing all 4 sections of my Z roadster and by the time I've done that the 1st section is hazy and ready to come off (approx 20 minutes). I'm a noob, but this has been working great for me.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:54 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by volatile
how much of this stuff are you guys putting on and how long are you leaving it on for? I think I may have applied too much and/or left it on for longer than the 10-15 minutes the bottle recommends. As a result, it was hard to wipe off and when I did wipe it off there were certain areas I had streaks or some sort of weird residue that wouldn't buff out. I used my wash mitt with soap and water and luckily that got it out before I suffered any permanent damage.
I applied it one time on a cloudy day (no sun) and I left the NXT on the car for more than 45 minutes. I know I shouldn't have done that but I lost track of time detailing another car.

The stuff came off REAAALLY easy...with minimal effort basically...using the Costco microfiber towels. Chances are you applied a little too much so not all of it dried on the surface of the clear coat. OR you might have applied too much letting it dry and cake...but I really doubt that because there were portions on the car where I applied a rediculous amount and it still came off easily.

15 min seems like too short of a time period...I'm sure that's only optimal with very little application. The more you put on it'll take a little more time to dry.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:09 PM
s9am_me

is it just a wax? so would you have to use a polish beforehand or is this worthy by itself?? I haven't seen it in any of the auto stores around my area.. but i would like to try it. also, does it do anything for swirls??
Old 03-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Keo

Originally posted by s9am_me
is it just a wax? so would you have to use a polish beforehand or is this worthy by itself?? I haven't seen it in any of the auto stores around my area.. but i would like to try it. also, does it do anything for swirls??
It's a synthetic polymer wax that protects and glosses. You do want to polish before applying if necessary. You'll want Scratch-X to handle bad swirls. NXT Tech Wax will fill in fine scratches and some swirls.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Mr B

I've tried lots of stuff and am very happy with this new wax/polymer from Meguiar's. I really like the new NXT stuff. This is a picture from the show on Sunday. Just a small shot I found and the car looks pretty damn shiny to me.

Old 03-17-2004, 01:38 AM
joust75

Does anyone know if it is worthwhile to apply a second coat right after the first?

If it is a polymer wax like Zaino then it should, but what do I know.

Does anyone have more details on this product??
Old 03-17-2004, 01:42 AM
Mr B

Most people wait a day before applying a second coat of Zaino so it might apply the same to the Meguiar's polymer wax. I've noticed that the wax seems to "deepen" if you let it settle. Maybe it's my own imagination too.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:31 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hah no it's not your imagination. I applied my NXT and the second day it was deeper and shinier than before. I guess the polymer dries up kinda like a glass coat. The first day of application it is usually moist for hours.

I haven't layered coats one day after the other but I've used the NXT booster thing in the spray bottle. (found it at Wal-Mart) If you already have a coat of NXT on.. the booster definitely gives you that 2nd day gloss right after applying.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:43 AM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by joust75
Does anyone know if it is worthwhile to apply a second coat right after the first?

If it is a polymer wax like Zaino then it should, but what do I know.

Does anyone have more details on this product??
According to Mike Phillips, a Meguiars rep he suggest that the car doesn't get wet and apply the second coat 24 hours later. He said any more than that doesn't really do anything else.