Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 12:01 AM
zman112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax?

I've been hearing great things about this wax and I was wondering if anyone has used it? They say it's has Synthetic Polymers like Zanio but only has one application and last for a long time! Someone start up a conversation here!
Old 02-16-2004, 01:46 AM
TCL

I've been watching reviews of this product and although it's a little early to confirm, the indications I'm getting are that it will not be as durable as some of the other polymers (e.g. Klasse, Zaino, Four Star UPP).
Old 02-16-2004, 05:59 AM
frankmusic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb Meguiar's NXT car wax

I am definitely willing to give this new product a try for sure. I plan on making that purchase today as a matter of fact. I'll post my personal results after it is properly applied.

Old 02-16-2004, 03:59 PM
mdmike

I got some last week and had a chance to put a coat on this past Friday. Must say this NTX Tech wax is incredible. Color looks darker/richer. My car is Brickyard Red and shows ever little swirl. I do use soft towels 100% american made cotton towels as well as microfiber towels but still picks up a few swirls not many but I am very meticulous. Any ways after using NTX they are well hidden. Sun was shining on the car all day today and I went out to check out the paint and must say after 3 day the color seems even richer and the swirls I tell you I could find a one. Note that I know the Swirls aren't gone but this stuff really hides them well.

My biggest concern is how long it will hold up. But for 14 buck heck it's a a great product to use in between ZAINO orders.

Last edited by mdmike; 02-16-2004 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:16 PM
JPCo

Here's two coats of NXT.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:48 PM
n8vz

if you look at prices. most high end polymer wax are around $20 (i use BlackFire and it is around $40 for the 2 bottles..which BTW is awesome). I recall seeing NXT for less then $15. looks like a great buy.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:38 PM
Kevin Overall

Meguairs also says that Gold Class is a polymer, its 9.99 I believe.

Review has already been done by David from better auto care, seems to lack durability but good for a product from a discount store.

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=35
Old 02-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Kevin Overall

Default Re: Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax?

Originally posted by zman112233
I've been hearing great things about this wax and I was wondering if anyone has used it? They say it's has Synthetic Polymers like Zanio but only has one application and last for a long time! Someone start up a conversation here!

To be fair and compare apples to applies Zaino also has one application, apply the Zaino polish, let it dry and wipe it off. Zaino works exactly like any other kind of was or polish in that respect. People that use Zaino will tell you how many coats they have, we at Zaino do not force them to apply X number of coats on their car, they do it because they enjoy detailing. I have many, many customers that only apply one coat of Z-2 or Z-5 every 6 months..........
Old 02-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Kevin Overall

Default Re: Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax?

Originally posted by zman112233

To be fair and compare apples to applies Zaino also has one application, apply the Zaino polish, let it dry and wipe it off. Zaino works exactly like any other kind of was or polish in that respect. People that use Zaino will tell you how many coats they have, we at Zaino do not force them to apply X number of coats on their car, they do it because they enjoy detailing. I have many, many customers that only apply one coat of Z-2 or Z-5 every 6 months..........
Old 02-17-2004, 06:27 PM
Bad Azz

Where are you guys gettting the NXT? I've looked at Checkers and Pep Boys, and have yet to find it.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:32 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

"Brickyard Red"

We Brickyard owners prefer simply, Brickyard
Old 02-17-2004, 07:08 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

zaino should just stop selling clay hah, sure its great, but everyone seems to think the clay is a zaino only requirement.

its a great preperation step that should be followed for any wax.

either way, as Ive always said, bet the average person couldnt tell the difference between NXT or any other synthetic wax thats been mentioned.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:44 PM
zcombat

Walmart started carrying meguiars NXT products. I've used the nxt tech wax and was really impressed. It made my black paint looking richer/darker than anything else i've used in the past including zaino. You should also include the NXT spray wax. Its a booster wax for the nxt tech wax. IMO, the spray wax makes the paint look deeper and wetter. The spray wax works kind of like CGQ of crystal guard. For less than $6, it's worth a try.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:06 AM
TCL

Looks like NXT is a cleaner wax. It contains a specialized abrasive in addition to a polymer. People using it on single stage paints found paint on the pads after application. A Meguiars rep confirmed that it does contain a cleaning agent (he called it a specilaized abrassive). I'm guessing that NXT will have limited layering capabilities because of this.

Last edited by TCL; 02-18-2004 at 02:09 AM.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:11 PM
zman112233

I finally found some tonight! The guy said they can't keep it in stock. They had one bottle left!
Old 02-19-2004, 03:42 PM
mdmike

Talking

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
"Brickyard Red"

We Brickyard owners prefer simply, Brickyard
Brickyard it is.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:16 AM
volatile

Originally posted by TCL
Looks like NXT is a cleaner wax. It contains a specialized abrasive in addition to a polymer. People using it on single stage paints found paint on the pads after application. A Meguiars rep confirmed that it does contain a cleaning agent (he called it a specilaized abrassive). I'm guessing that NXT will have limited layering capabilities because of this.

There was paint on the pads??? Can anyone else confirm this after waxing their car with NXT? I don't want to be taking paint off my Z....
Old 02-20-2004, 10:22 AM
zcombat

Originally posted by volatile
There was paint on the pads??? Can anyone else confirm this after waxing their car with NXT? I don't want to be taking paint off my Z....
He's talking about single stage paint. Most modern cars has clear coat so no worries.
Old 02-20-2004, 05:16 PM
volatile

Originally posted by zcombat
He's talking about single stage paint. Most modern cars has clear coat so no worries.
thanks for clearing that up zcombat!
Old 02-20-2004, 07:10 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hot dayam!

I just finished using some NXT on my car and this stuff is amazing. The car looks deep and rich and feels like butter on the surface.
Makes me want to get naked and lay on top of the car!

About the single stage paint....We applied some on an unfinished non-clearcoat panel of my cousin's civic and the paint rubbed off on the applicator.

Would include pics but it won't justify a dayam thing. You have to see it to believe it.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax?