Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Which quick detailer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 07:50 AM
Jsn350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which quick detailer?

OTHER then Z6!

I love my Z6, but I use it like water and do not want to deal with ordering it all of the time. So unless there is a place thatsells Z6 locally, what is the next best quick mist that I can pick up at the local Kragens, Pepboys, ect? ( Woud be ncie if it could remove light water marks/streaks, and give a little shine as well. Also, something that will kind of sort of fight against dust attraction )

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-06-2004, 10:04 AM
mofoz

buy 10 bottles of Z6 at a time???
Old 04-06-2004, 10:05 AM
s9am_me

i would say Meguiars Final Inspection. usually sold in gallons at some stores. its about $20 and lasts a while. Its almost been a year since i had mines and i've only used up about 1/4 of it. I quick detail my car at least once or twice a week

If not, mother's showtime and meguiars quick detailer is equally good. I like the meguiars cuz the spray nozzle works the best IMO
Old 04-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Kevin Overall

There are many Zaino distributors in CA, there might be one down the road from you, www.lazaino.com comes to mind. Did you know you can make your Z-6 go twice as far if you cut it half and half with distilled water? I do this all the time........
Old 04-06-2004, 04:14 PM
zcombat

I would say try the meguiars Final Detail. Its leaves a very glossy finish and also leaves a slick finish. I've heard that wax shop's qd is also very good but haven't tried it.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:29 PM
Jsn350Z

I picked up a bottle of Meguiars Quick Detailer. The Nozzle is sweet! Much better then the Z6 one.

Have not gotten to use it yet. Should get to test it out tomorrow. If I like it I will stick to it, if not, I will be ordering a few bottles of Z6

How well does the Z6 with water work compared to just straight Z6? Has anyone else tried this?
Old 04-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Kevin V

How well does the Z6 with water work compared to just straight Z6? Has anyone else tried this
It still works great and is even more user friendly. I use the 50/50 mix for general cleaning in between washed and removing bird stuff, bugs, whatever. I use it full strength after removing a coat of polish I had applied and when I want the best shine.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:29 PM
CAL_G35C1

hey guys,

this is a dumb question from a newbie but what exactly does the QD do. i wash my religously every sunday but what pisses me off is that by the end of mon my car is covered with dust from my work's parking lot.

so if the QD is a sort of touch up wax then is it okay to spray it on with dust on the car?? the last thing i wanna do is scratch it.
how are you suposed to use it.

also where would i buy meg's QDs. pep boys..???

i want to keep my car as shiney and dustless as possible. sometimes i want to wash my car and keep it in the garage.
this addiction is killing me.

at least on this site, some of you also feel my pain.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:37 PM
3pointer

I use Meguiars Quick Detailer. I works great and I like that smell too but after I finish the bottle I have. I will give Meguiars spray NXT Tech Protectant a try, cuz' I just switch NXT wax on my Z.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:47 PM
3pointer

Originally posted by CAL_G35C1
hey guys,

this is a dumb question from a newbie but what exactly does the QD do. i wash my religously every sunday but what pisses me off is that by the end of mon my car is covered with dust from my work's parking lot.

so if the QD is a sort of touch up wax then is it okay to spray it on with dust on the car?? the last thing i wanna do is scratch it.
how are you suposed to use it.

also where would i buy meg's QDs. pep boys..???

i want to keep my car as shiney and dustless as possible. sometimes i want to wash my car and keep it in the garage.
this addiction is killing me.

at least on this site, some of you also feel my pain.
I use California duster to pick up dust daily and I use Meguiars Quick Detailer after I wash my car. (between wax)
You could pick up Meguiars Quick Detailer at Pep Boys or AutoZone.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Jsn350Z

Yes, if you want your car to stay clean longer, dustless, you need a California Car duster and some quick mist. I would die if it were not for these products.

I have both the full and mini sized dusters in my hatch at all times, and a bottle of quick mist and a couple micro fiber towels behind the seat, at all times..
Old 04-07-2004, 09:47 PM
CAL_G35C1

okay....so what u guys are saying is that i should use a QD after i brush off my car with the california duster...

i dont know about you guys but since daylight savings time, the suns stays out longer which means i can detail my car after i get home from work..

i have one more question...i have been using the NXT wax..and i also got the spray wax....can i use that as a QD???
Old 04-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Jsn350Z

I wouldnt... I would get a QD to use as a QD.

But yes, if the car is in shade and the surface is not extreamly hot, you us the duster, then quick mist.

Me personally, I dust the car about a thousand times a day ( I do not see it adding ANY swirls )

I only quick mist the areas that need it once a day, MAYBE twice if some marks show up.

If there is heavy dust on your car, DO NOT DUST IT! That will cause swirl marks, and deffinitly do not quick mist it.

This is why I dust it so often, so that it doesnt have a chance to build up.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:37 PM
3pointer

Originally posted by CAL_G35C1
okay....so what u guys are saying is that i should use a QD after i brush off my car with the california duster...
I do this sometime. But only a Cali duster alone does a great too.

i dont know about you guys but since daylight savings time, the suns stays out longer which means i can detail my car after i get home from work..
Cali duster = 2 mins
QD = 10 mins
So I don't have to wait until after work, I could done it during my break time

i have one more question...i have been using the NXT wax..and i also got the spray wax....can i use that as a QD???
That's what I am going to do. May be you can tell me after you tried. Thanks

Last edited by 3pointer; 04-07-2004 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:45 PM
3pointer

Originally posted by Jsn350Z

If there is heavy dust on your car, DO NOT DUST IT! That will cause swirl marks, and deffinitly do not quick mist it.

This is why I dust it so often, so that it doesnt have a chance to build up.
I agree. If you dust your Z once or every other day. Cali duster should not hurt your paint, at least mine still fine.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:46 PM
MarkY

California duster (used properly) followed by Pinnacle's Crystal Mist. Can't be beat.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:58 AM
Kevin V

I use the duster and then a quick Z-6'ing and the car looks like I just polished it. During the pollen time and all the dust from work I'd freak if I didn't have the duster and the Z-6.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:45 PM
CelticPride2

After washing and drying, I've been using Mother's Showtime instant detailer. It's excellent on SuperBlack...gives it a nice deep shine. I've never treid Meguiars, but I've heard plenty of good things about it.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:55 PM
KarmaMag

Jsn350Z,
There's local place you can buy the Zaino. Check out www.sjzaino.com I think his name is Steve.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:58 AM
ZXiMan

I've tried everything and prefer Wax Shop "Slick Stuff". It has anti-static positive charges, which really combats dust sticking to paint surfaces. I also use it on my wheels and I get very little brake dust. I use it with Maguires NXT wax and the combination is unbeatable in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Which quick detailer?