Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino before and after on CS...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 05:24 PM
MacGuru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino before and after on CS...

Well, I just spent the afternoon washing my cart and putting on Zaino for the first time. Thanks to everyone who has posted information about the use of Zaino. Without your help, I would not have been able to achieve such beautiful results. It took about a good 5hrs worth of work, factor in a learning curve. At the end you get a nice reward for all your hard work. I'm sure I'll get better at it over time. Zaino is very easy to use, it takes a little time getting use to applying thin layers on a CS. It's just the process of prepping (wash & clay) the car that takes forever. Overall I am very pleased with the look and feel of the car. Here's what I did to date:

Washed with dawn and towel dried.
Used clay bar to thoroughly clean
Washed again with dawn
Z2 w/Zfx (1 coat)
Z6 gloss enhance (1 coat)
Z2 w/Zfx (1 coat)
Z6 gloss enhance (1 coat)

I have to admit I was skeptical at first but now I can say I’m sold. I'm especially pleased with the results from using the clay bar. I saw a noticeable difference and a lot of crap come off. Highly recommended on ANY car, new or old. Unfortunately, the scuffmark I picked up from the construction cone didn't come completely off. However, it did manage to remove "some" of the mark. If you look for it, you'll notice it. I think after a couple of more coats of Z2 & Z6, the shine will get even better on the car. The CS looks even better then when I picked her up off the showroom floor. What’s unbelievable is the # of nicks I've already acquired on the front of this car. Like a magnet, they just seem to appear over night. Must repaint and install 3M!

Problem? I noticed after taking the car out for a little joy ride, after returning home I noticed a thin black soot (I presume from the exhaust) build up on the rear bumper up to the hatch. Keep in mind I just finished cleaning her. Fortunately it's not visible to the naked eye, but if you run your finger across the bumper (rt/lft of the lic. plate) and you will have a VERY thin build up. Is this normal? Is this the Zaino catching the exhaust that's sticking to the car? What is the best way/best product to wipe down the car after taking the car cover off? Thanks in advance.

Any comments or suggestions are always greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the wealth of information provided by this board and it’s users. It has proven to be invaluable. Peace. –m
Attached Thumbnails Zaino before and after on CS...-eastsideview.jpg  
Old 10-18-2002, 05:25 PM
MacGuru

here's the close-up.
Attached Thumbnails Zaino before and after on CS...-reflection_1.jpg  
Old 10-18-2002, 05:26 PM
MacGuru

Wide angle.
Attached Thumbnails Zaino before and after on CS...-profile_wide.jpg  
Old 10-18-2002, 05:27 PM
MacGuru

before.
Attached Thumbnails Zaino before and after on CS...-my350z.jpg  
Old 10-19-2002, 09:57 AM
rouxeny

I just added another coat of Z-2 and Z-5 to my CS Z. I had doubts about the effectiveness of Zaino on light colored cars in terms of appearance. Those doubts are gone. The Z looks much better with Zaino on it. Still, probably not as dramatic as would a darker color, but still very good. As an added bonus, the car feels so smooth.

Z-6 is a pain to put on. Very tiring.
Old 10-19-2002, 03:04 PM
MacGuru

What's the signifigance of the Z5?
The whole process is very tiring but well worth it. -m