Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

T-netics 1/4 time!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 09:15 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
Lol since when does a turbo feed off the downpipe... Might want to check your info bud. Turbo feeds off the uppipe or directly off the manifolds, depending on the design of the kit, but it never feeds off the downpipe.
Since Turbonetics made it this way. You might want to read the link below pal. This kit is mounted near the air intake of where the stock box use to be. The downpipe extends all the way up there. Yes and exception but as you mention above it does and that is the design of the kit for the Z and it does feed off the downpipe.

http://members.***.net/turbonetics35...icsinstman.pdf

Look on instruction number 63 and description number 55.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:10 PM
odarabla

[lQUOTE=Z PHAT Z]Please dude...My stock headers( 2 of them ) are on my car right now. Here you are trying to say headers don't work with this turbo kit? I know most others turbo kits don't use headers, but this Turbonetics is a different design. The Stillen headers fit fine with a slighty clearance issue. It's my car and the turbo kit is on the car right now. If headers don't work on this turbo kit, then you would see the whole forum will be correcting me not just only you. Don't you think it's weird that it's only you that trying to correct me? [/QUOTE]

Last edited by odarabla; 08-21-2005 at 11:37 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:34 PM
odarabla

I am surprised to say, you all where right. I guess you could use the aftermarket headers on this kit only. looks like the turbo inlet tubing ties right into the exhaust where the cats use to be. And that ties into the inlet of the turbo manifold. O.K. hear we go, everyone I am sorry for all my insults. I take them all back . I can take what I dish out,. Thanks for the lesson!!!

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
Since Turbonetics made it this way. You might want to read the link below pal. This kit is mounted near the air intake of where the stock box use to be. The downpipe extends all the way up there. Yes and exception but as you mention above it does and that is the design of the kit for the Z and it does feed off the downpipe.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:44 PM
odarabla

Default Down pipe

No dude you where right about the headers but not about the down pipe. That is not the inlet to the turbo. That is where it goes out to the catback. No more argument. But please look at pics 47 & 48 and also pic 56 and you will see that is where the exhaust gases exit the car. The square hole flange in pic 55 is the inlet from the headers and the round hole flange is the down pipe.

Old 08-22-2005, 06:06 AM
Wicked4u2c

Originally Posted by odarabla
I am surprised to say, you all where right. I guess you could use the aftermarket headers on this kit only. looks like the turbo inlet tubing ties right into the exhaust where the cats use to be. And that ties into the inlet of the turbo manifold. O.K. hear we go, everyone I am sorry for all my insults. I take them all back . I can take what I dish out,. Thanks for the lesson!!!

At least you took it like a man, I congratulate you for stepping up and admiting you were wrong.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:55 AM
Z PHAT Z

Originally Posted by Wicked4u2c
At least you took it like a man, I congratulate you for stepping up and admiting you were wrong.
+1
Old 08-22-2005, 06:56 PM
odarabla

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Wicked4u2c
Old 08-22-2005, 07:00 PM
odarabla

Default Pics of my car.

These are pics of my car taken with my camera phone. Not a very good shot but here it is..

Originally Posted by Z PHAT Z
+1
Attached Thumbnails T-netics 1/4 time!-my-z-1.jpg   T-netics 1/4 time!-my-z.jpg  
Old 08-24-2005, 04:55 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just for the record, I think your a tool, for coming onto this forum with NO knowledge of this specific kit and calling us all out. I dont care if you apologized or not, you still came on here with your big internet d!ck, and to me that says alot about you, I dont care if you apologize or post pics of your Z or whatever. Next time, make sure your right about something before you start an argument with some of the forums most legit people
Old 08-24-2005, 10:02 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by Alberto
Just for the record, I think your a tool, for coming onto this forum with NO knowledge of this specific kit and calling us all out. I dont care if you apologized or not, you still came on here with your big internet d!ck, and to me that says alot about you, I dont care if you apologize or post pics of your Z or whatever. Next time, make sure your right about something before you start an argument with some of the forums most legit people
Reading back at everything you've posted is hilarious. First off you didn't know jack about the Turbonetics kit and you ran your mouth. Not only did you make accusations of the kit not working with headers, you accused a member of lying about the kit installed. You thought Performance Technique was actually turbonetics. If you ever want to reach our political leaders try www.whitehouse.com

I don't know your approach to making friends, but usually it does not begin with insults and accusations then pictures.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Reading back at everything you've posted is hilarious. First off you didn't know jack about the Turbonetics kit and you ran your mouth. Not only did you make accusations of the kit not working with headers, you accused a member of lying about the kit installed. You thought Performance Technique was actually turbonetics. If you ever want to reach our political leaders try www.whitehouse.com

I don't know your approach to making friends, but usually it does not begin with insults and accusations then pictures.
Uh, you quoted the wrong person bud....unless you quoted me and are agreeing with what I said.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:53 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Uh, you quoted the wrong person bud....unless you quoted me and are agreeing with what I said.

Chill out I'm just trying to stack some guilt on Odalabra. I ain't that stoopid.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:33 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Who started this thread again??? ooo Z phat Z. Nice numbers. I would have liked to see better numbers. But practice make perfect. No offence to you. Give us an update when you go back
Old 09-14-2005, 07:02 PM
odarabla

Default Mr. dumd nuts

Someone please give this guy a bottle!!! There was no reason to lash out a second time. I am not trying to make friends, especially with you. I come here to get info about performance upgrades for my Z, and when I see something that doesn't look right I question it. I have plenty of knowledge about engines, turbochargers, superchargers and how they work. I just never heard of a kit that uses the stock headers (or for that matter any headers) to boast the turbo. It was my fault for not doing the research on this kit before I opened my mouth and I think I apologized for it. So don't come back now and act like a little girl. Just because you are on this site doesn't mean you know what the hell you are talking about (Mr. legit Member)!! I am a prime example of that.

Last edited by kcobean; 10-07-2005 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:32 PM
typeR

Here is the finger ! you know where to stick it!!! (wipe your nose you little b*$~h, because your crying)!!
one month later...

...good come back...
Old 09-14-2005, 11:59 PM
odarabla

How is this one month??? 8/24/05 - 9/14/05. Not a month in between there. Besides, We where just hit by a cat. 4 Hurrican. Thanks for the insult!!! Next time try minding your own buisness bud!!!
Old 09-28-2005, 08:55 PM
LiNks

what track did you run at, im dying to see what im running with the vortech and how it compares to a ST
Old 09-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Z PHAT Z

Originally Posted by LiNks
what track did you run at, im dying to see what im running with the vortech and how it compares to a ST
NYIRP it's in Leicester New York. Pretty far from LI.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:22 PM
rs350z

hahahah just read three pages of fun
Old 10-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Nealoc187

This is about a month and a half after the fact but...

You're an idiot.

The downpipe is where the exhaust goes after LEAVING the turbo. The UP PIPE is what the exhaust goes through to get TO the turbo. It's not being "fed" off the downpipe it's being fed off the up pipe, and then after the exhaust has gone through the turbine, imparted its energy to the turbine blades, it then exits through the downpipe. Don't try to tell me what's what with turbo cars. The yellow item in figure 55 in those instructions is the downpipe, and that is where exhaust is going after it exits the turbo. The rectangular flange to the left of that is on the up pipe and that's where exhaust is going into the turbo.

And to the guy saying you can't have headers on a turbo car. You certainly can. I have them on mine. You don't have to have the turbo immediately after the exhaust ports on dedicated turbo manifolds. On my car, the turbo is installed well after the exhaust ports. Exhaust goes through the headers, then through two pipes that collect both banks exhaust into one, then through my turbine, then through my downpipe, etc.

Quick Reply: T-netics 1/4 time!