Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

T-netics 1/4 time!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Z PHAT Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-netics 1/4 time!

Did 4 runs tonight at the 1/4 track. This is on Toyo tires. Also a video that i ran 13.07, My friend went home early so did not record the 12.88 run.
http://www.viper966.com/TrackVids/ZPhatZ130at108.MPG

Car #154

Last edited by Z PHAT Z; 08-17-2005 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:06 AM
Miraclekidjr
Banned

I was confused for a second, because I thought that the car next to you (in the slip) was the same car in the video. Isn't that a 4 door VW in the video? because if it was running 14.2 i would be very surprised.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:32 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn your trap is low as $hit man. Is your track at altitude? Im trapping 107 with bolt-ons. Have you dyno'd it? Lowest I have heard from a Turboentics trapping before you was 110mph. Fastest trap Ive heard of was 114.9 in 93 degree heat. Is your car running right? Work on your launch some even on street tires 2.0's shouldnt be a problem for you.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:15 AM
Z PHAT Z

Originally Posted by Alberto
Damn your trap is low as $hit man. Is your track at altitude? Im trapping 107 with bolt-ons. Have you dyno'd it? Lowest I have heard from a Turboentics trapping before you was 110mph. Fastest trap Ive heard of was 114.9 in 93 degree heat. Is your car running right? Work on your launch some even on street tires 2.0's shouldnt be a problem for you.
Last time I dynoed with 358 whp/358 wtq at 7.5 psi. I don't know why my trap is so slow I will check out the altitude of the track. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:33 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Why are you not getting the full 8psi? What where your A/F ratios like? I know your not a drag racer, but Im still very shocked you didnt trap much higher....where you shifting at redline?
Old 08-18-2005, 11:45 AM
mojo powered

I would also have expected a higher ET than that.. subscribing to hear more about this
Old 08-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Z PHAT Z

Why are you not getting the full 8psi? What where your A/F ratios like? I know your not a drag racer, but Im still very shocked you didnt trap much higher....where you shifting at redline?
I don't know why I didn't get the full 8 psi when I dynoed my car. I had the Stillen headers when I dynoed it. There seems to be no leak or any sort of problem that can be found. The number put out is like other T-netics car put out at 8 psi. This runs is with the stock headers on. I will re-dyno to see what's going.I shift at redline in every gear. Here is the A/F and dyno graph.

Old 08-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Oh ok, I remember seeing your dyno. I asked why the one a/f graph was so different from the other one. Your very safe/rich. Have you thought about an exhaust? How do the numbers from the dynamometer compare to dynojet numbers do they read lower or higher? Im curious to see if putting your stock manifold back on will yield quicker spool.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Z PHAT Z

Oh ok, I remember seeing your dyno. I asked why the one a/f graph was so different from the other one. Your very safe/rich. Have you thought about an exhaust? How do the numbers from the dynamometer compare to dynojet numbers do they read lower or higher? Im curious to see if putting your stock manifold back on will yield quicker spool.
That's also why i'm swapping back to the stock manifold in hoping that it would spool quicker. I have a Borla TD exhaust but need to do a reverse y-pipe to connect it to the down-pipe. The Dynamometer reads average about 13% to 15% lower than the Dynojet machines. The dyno shop is on vacation until end of August, then I can do a dyno comparison.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Integrity
Banned

Originally Posted by Z PHAT Z
I have a Borla TD exhaust but need to do a reverse y-pipe to connect it to the down-pipe.
Isn't the Borla TD from the cats back? Will you be getting rid of the Borla?
Old 08-18-2005, 01:33 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Why don't you even list your headers in your mods?
Old 08-18-2005, 05:17 PM
Z PHAT Z

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
Why don't you even list your headers in your mods?
I took the Stillen headers out before I did the runs. The headers is now for sell in the classified forum.

Integrity:
Yes Borla is a catback that's why i'm fabricating a reverse y-pipe from the down-pipe to the Borla. I'm keeping the Borla though.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Madelinot

I don't know why I didn't get the full 8 psi when I dynoed my car.
Hey, I had the same problem some weeks ago. The car was only boosting 6.9psi while I see 8.0 on the streets. The results was only 342whp (Mustang Dyno). Yet, I ran a 12.7@114.2 last weekend in my G35. Something doesn't add up for sure...
Old 08-19-2005, 04:13 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by Madelinot
Hey, I had the same problem some weeks ago. The car was only boosting 6.9psi while I see 8.0 on the streets. The results was only 342whp (Mustang Dyno). Yet, I ran a 12.7@114.2 last weekend in my G35. Something doesn't add up for sure...
Wow thats more like it. 115 mph out of the box tune T-netics?? What other mods do you have?

Edit-just saw you have a G35 with an APS TT kit. Your post is worthless here when we are speaking of Turbonetics times....

Last edited by Alberto; 08-19-2005 at 04:36 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:28 AM
95snoozer

Originally Posted by Madelinot
it is the load that the dyno places. it means it wasnt placing a true street lad on your car.

but on the otherhand, if they increased the load you would probably make lower numbers and the extra ps would even it out or just edge it out

nyways, the ca in this tread should trap 110+

y car can with less than 300 hp
Old 08-20-2005, 05:37 PM
odarabla

Default Stillen Headers on a turbo engine. YA RIGHT

I am surprised that no one picked up on this before. This guy must not know what he was talking about. You cannot install any kind of performance headers on a turbo powered car. If you install headers, how could you install the turbo manifold. Then how would you boost/spool up the turbo. Please you are not impressing anyone with your crap. This is an impossible task, it cannot be done. I am appauled at the fact that I come on this site to get info about my car from know nothings like you.

I don't know why I didn't get the full 8 psi when I dynoed my car. I had the Stillen headers when I dynoed it. There seems to be no leak or any sort of problem that can be found. The number put out is like other T-netics car put out at 8 psi. This runs is with the stock headers on. I will re-dyno to see what's going.I shift at redline in every gear. Here is the A/F and dyno graph.

Old 08-20-2005, 06:02 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by odarabla
I am surprised that no one picked up on this before. This guy must not know what he was talking about. You cannot install any kind of performance headers on a turbo powered car. If you install headers, how could you install the turbo manifold. Then how would you boost/spool up the turbo. Please you are not impressing anyone with your crap. This is an impossible task, it cannot be done. I am appauled at the fact that I come on this site to get info about my car from know nothings like you.
Ignorance is bliss. Please read up that the turbo feeds off the downpipe and not the manifolds.

Yes you're a retard with an APC type R badge.

Last edited by charlie_rdstr_Z; 08-20-2005 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Integrity
Banned

This is an impossible task, it cannot be done.
Do some research on the Turbonetics single turbo kit. You just owned yourself.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:53 PM
odarabla

Default Turbo setup

Is everyone on this site retarded?? When installing a turbo setup on any car. you must change the exhaust headers to to fit the turbo manifold. The down pipe is the part of the exhaust from which the exhaust flows down through the turbo manifold.through the turbo, out through the catback system. So please before you even begin to Criticize someone for being ignorant, read up on this stuff your self. http://www.turbo-kits.com/350Z_turbo_kits.html Here is the link make sure you read up on it. Can you see the parts that look like headers? That is the turbo manifold, not the down pipe. STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
Ignorance is bliss. Please read up that the turbo feeds off the downpipe and not the manifolds.

Yes you're a retard with an APC type R badge.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Z PHAT Z

This is so funny! Pleaseeeeeee......I'm the one with the turbo kit installed on my car and many other people on this forum. Listen and do some research on the Turbonetics Single Turbo kit. Call the company if you want. I don't know why I even response to you.

Here is the site....call them up yourself. http://www.turboneticsinc.com/

Is everyone on this site retarded?? When installing a turbo setup on any car. you must change the exhaust headers to to fit the turbo manifold. The down pipe is the part of the exhaust from which the exhaust flows down through the turbo manifold.through the turbo, out through the catback system. So please before you even begin to Criticize someone for being ignorant, read up on this stuff your self. http://www.turbo-kits.com/350Z_turbo_kits.html Here is the link make sure you read up on it. Can you see the parts that look like headers? That is the turbo manifold, not the down pipe. STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Z PHAT Z; 08-20-2005 at 11:18 PM.

Quick Reply: T-netics 1/4 time!