Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

I own a 10 second Z!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 11:14 AM
bigbri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
You've hated this site since you started a stupid thread in the FI section, gave your obvious unknowledgable opinions then tried to push them on other people-then were basically made fun of. You will be missed
He'll hit 10's look at his time with 400whp....I think he's going to be running 500-550whp if not more....150+whp to know off .9 sec E/T I think he can do it...
Old 07-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
Alberto i hope for your sake when your car is done that you run 10's... because other than that... you won't have a damn thing to say further..
I havent made any claims or called anything out for my new set-up so why would you say that? As far as I know I may stick with the "stock" turbo make only a little more power than before and be done with it for now. That certianly wont get me 10's, but you know Ill post about it when its all said and done.

Edit-Bigbri my problem is the limit of this 60-1 (roughly 500whp at best) thats not enough. Anyways enough about me and my slowness

Last edited by Alberto; 07-25-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by bigbri
....but high 600whp I don't think so and you can run a 10 if you get a 1.5 60ft or better..
this is the only thing I am debating here...How could you say this?We already ran a stock motor APS 350Z at 11.54@118-119 with a 1.68 60 ft on DR's.This car was making about 445 whp and wheighed about the same as mine. So how can you that with another 200hp to the wheels, we wont shave off a stupid half of a second to hit 10's? The car already trapped 7-8 mph faster than Jason's..This is my RICER math I guess that they were reffering to on the first page..
PS you should be making a hell of alot more HP at 23 psi than 640-650...
Old 07-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

He'll hit 10's look at his time with 400whp....I think he's going to be running 500-550whp if not more....150+whp to know off .9 sec E/T I think he can do it...
This comment proves my whole point exactly..This is the ricer math I was flamed for..lol
Old 07-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Julian you still dont understand that regardless of how similar your set-up/weight is to Jason's car, you cannot compare his achievments, look at your more powerful set-up and start subtracting ET off his 1/4 time as an estimater to what YOU will do. This is a joke-and the people who really know drag racing all agree and will continue to agree. Now please stop posting your logic as it is making you look bad. All we ever said is that you will likely not run 10's in your car (judging by what you have done) with your current set-up. Not that it wasnt capable or that your car was slow!

He'll hit 10's look at his time with 400whp....I think he's going to be running 500-550whp if not more....150+whp to know off .9 sec E/T I think he can do it
Originally Posted by MRC
This comment proves my whole point exactly..This is the ricer math I was flamed for..lol
Did you see me agree with him? No

Last edited by Alberto; 07-25-2006 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:29 AM
cwest350

Julian you still dont understand that regardless of how similar your set-up/weight is to Jason's car, you cannot compare his achievments, look at your more powerful set-up and start subtracting ET off his 1/4 time as an estimater to what YOU will do.
exactly.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:33 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
#1 my intention in the thread was to gain opinions and strategy in what I was doing wrong as a driver. I clearly admitted my driving skills were horrible, and simply stated that my car had the HP to run 10's. this is a fact.
I believe you.

#2 I was accused of using RICER math, whatever that is, in comparing my time slips to Jason with the exact same car.. This is where it all started...I simply said my car by all theories i tested should go 10 second runs. At some point it became a **** measuring contest instigated by 2 premier members, not me.
The 2 premier members you mention have been around this forum a long time. Their experience and knowledge is well established. Many of us consider their opinions far more reliable than vendors that engage in "puffery" to sell their products. The point is, don't bother getting into a **** measuring contest with them. They've already been measured. If you need to measure yours, that's up to you.

#3 Someone attacks me, I going to attack back.I am simply defending my credibility as a performance shop against a premier memeber with no credibility IMO. Certain members feel the need to constantly contest others and cause these silly debates/arguments.
I have no problem with you defending yourself. What I'm saying is, you shouldn't have to. Before typing "I have a 10 sec. Z" you should have obtained proof to produce for us. Since your intent, as stated above, was to improve your time to get it into the 10 second range, a post like "How do I get into 10 seconds" would have been greated with warm responses and suggestions. In fact, the two members you're having difficulty with are among some of your better resources for exactly this question.

#4 One member even got very disrespectful against me, and there was a complete lack of moderation on this...
I skimmed most of the posts. Frankly, I saw a lot of disrespect from all over the place. But, nothing requiring moderation.

#5 I used sharif's name as well as others who have posted big numbers and have been regarded as the "heavy hitters"...Why do you only choose to bring up his name? I am in no way bashing but if your first comment is true :

Then some of the other sponsors would also be obligated to correct their numbers or be as true and accurate as possible. Why am I the only one being bashed??There are a plethola of others out there with big claims, and little evidence..
Sharrif is a good example for me because I know him personally and have sat in on discussions with him and with a Nissan engineer. I know he knows what he's talking about. As to your second statement, I agree entirely. There are many vendors who make claims that require correction. I've personally been a part of more than one occasion where the veracity of a vendor's statement was scrutinized and either proven or disproven. We entirely agree on this point.

Bottom line here is Alberto has an underlying agenda in causing this ruckus and attacking me..I however will do my best to provide whatever materials the forum members as a whole would like to see..I think a time slip and a dyno jet dyno would be fair..It is possible the dyno dynamics corrections are off and the numbers are less, and if that is the case I have nothing to hide..My car is fast and I know it, and I built my car for myself, not anyone else.
That would be nice. And, note, I never said that you don't have a fast car. It sounds like you have a very fast car and you should be proud of the work you've done on it.

I feel as a moderator you have no right to make comments on an open debate which you are not part of. simply do your job, moderate the inapropriate material and language and warn those involved and be done..But as a moderator you should not be taking sides or passing judgment..IMO.
I'm am not a moderator.

And, even if I were, why wouldn't I be able to make comments? It is as you say, an open debate if not an open discussion.

Look forward to your dyno sheet and time slip. Good luck to you.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:40 AM
mistermojorizin

ok, i think i see what's going on here. you guys have differing phylosophies (sp?). Some of you think of the quarter mile time as the ultimate and final goal in which case it is the driver's personal acheivement, like a sport, a way to compare PEOPLE. While others think of the quarter mile time as just a proxy for the car's performance which represents the acheivement of the person building the car, a way to compare CARS.

If your grandma drives a ferrari, is it not still a 12 second car? not in the sense that grandma will get a 12 second ET but in the sense that the car, as a piece of macheinery will still have the same performance value as other 12 second cars.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Exclamation

Originally Posted by hfm
The 2 premier members you mention have been around this forum a long time. Their experience and knowledge is well established. Many of us consider their opinions far more reliable than vendors that engage in "puffery" to sell their products. The point is, don't bother getting into a **** measuring contest with them. They've already been measured. If you need to measure yours, that's up to you.
Thats classic, and gracias

If your grandma drives a ferrari, is it not still a 12 second car? not in the sense that grandma will get a 12 second ET but in the sense that the car, as a piece of macheinery will still have the same performance value as other 12 second cars.
No-its not a 1X.XX anything car-until her old a$$ runs it and goes 12.3 or 15.1...
Old 07-25-2006, 11:42 AM
CFaddict350z
Banned

Hey ALBERTO, CWEST350, and HFM go **** yourselves. Anytime your anywhere near, NJ either at Etown or Maybe even MRC, tell Julien to let me know, ill bring something right to your doorstep you fcukin Priks. Say half the shizz you say to other people on here to my face i dare you,,,, step off my nuts while your at it too, hangin on my old *** posts,, wtf you loosers must have no lives.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Thumbs down

Here you go fixed your signature for you Spare us all the threats please....

IM A STRAIGHT UP *****
Old 07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
CFaddict350z
Banned

Here you go fixed your signature for you Spare us all the threats please....

IM A STRAIGHT UP *****
Not a threat, asking you to come talk to me. Anytime..
Old 07-25-2006, 11:47 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
I'm am not a moderator.
Scared me for a minute, I had to scroll up and do a double-check. I thought my days at this site would be numbered. I'd be the first one Dan would ban.

lol j/k Dan.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by CFaddict350z
I cant stand reading your posts why would I want to talk to you in person? You still have "beef" you can PM me, keep this garbage off the boards.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:51 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey ALBERTO, CWEST350, and HFM go **** yourselves. Anytime your anywhere near, NJ either at Etown or Maybe even MRC, tell Julien to let me know, ill bring something right to your doorstep you fcukin Priks. Say half the shizz you say to other people on here to my face i dare you,,,, step off my nuts while your at it too, hangin on my old *** posts,, wtf you loosers must have no lives.
who in the hell do you think you are troll,you dont give out threats your puny little *** cant back up boy.btw i see a ban for this troll.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:54 AM
cwest350

Your telling me to go fuhk myself lol? Because i agree with a point Alberto made....too funny! Looks like your goin to have more time to spend on those Honda forums that you speak of

Bah-bye
Old 07-25-2006, 12:02 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its time to close this thread,its getting out of hand.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:02 PM
bigbri

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
PS you should be making a hell of alot more HP at 23 psi than 640-650...
I could be making more power at 23lbs boost but am running very low timing due to the problem high timing in our cars causes HEADLIFT....I'd rather have 650whp at 23lbs of boost and no headlift and a motor that will last a while other than 700-750whp and a motor that will last a few hard runs then have headlift and be fuked....
Old 07-25-2006, 12:04 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

calm down.. you are not doing anyone any favors with that attitude
Old 07-25-2006, 12:05 PM
CFaddict350z
Banned

Originally Posted by superchargedg
who in the hell do you think you are troll,you dont give out threats your puny little *** cant back up boy.btw i see a ban for this troll.
who the **** is talkin to you? little boy? lol ok, does MD have some thug gangster parts we dont know about?,,,,fcukin queer mind your own biz kid, trust me it will be better for you.. oh hey carlos or alberto or whatever,, i fixed my sig-------> I hit off your mom and all i got was this sig! Thats a bit better.