Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

I own a 10 second Z!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 05:10 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

picks up mic....

putting down 673 @ 12 psi is over 100 hp more than anyone has done with these cars..

i personally dont believe in corrections, if you run 10s in your car, you have a ten second car, if you put down 670 on a dynojet, you have 670

i know julian was just having fun on here so i am not saying anything bad....
Old 07-21-2006, 05:11 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by r0mey
I guess if they figure they can discredit you people will think you're a fraud. Kinda dumb in my opinion since ive never seen you once post up anything that wasnt fact. This whole thread was an opinion from the jump. I guess they are mad that their car cant thrown down 673 whp. Thas all

-drops mic
Before this incident Ive never discredited MRC I actually like MRC and how stand up they are and the times that Jason ran in his APS beast-which has outlived many FI setups including my own. But seriously give me some of what your smoking if you think any Z is capable of 673whp @ 12psi

Just wanted to add to Julian-if you want to prove me wrong, when you come to MD, Ill set up a dyno at my expense, you must dyno at 12psi. Guarantee you wont put down the 670+ you claim. After if your not too upset by your dyno results we can have a fews beers on me
Old 07-21-2006, 06:03 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
Before this incident Ive never discredited MRC I actually like MRC and how stand up they are and the times that Jason ran in his APS beast-which has outlived many FI setups including my own. But seriously give me some of what your smoking if you think any Z is capable of 673whp @ 12psi

Just wanted to add to Julian-if you want to prove me wrong, when you come to MD, Ill set up a dyno at my expense, you must dyno at 12psi. Guarantee you wont put down the 670+ you claim. After if your not too upset by your dyno results we can have a fews beers on me
Can I get in on the free beer part?

Julian, maybe your not a bad driver, just getting old.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:08 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

If your ever in MD let me know....
Old 07-21-2006, 06:14 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

If your ever in MD let me know....
I was at AAM in Dec. I will PM you next time I come there.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Nealoc187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to speak for alberto, brian, and maybe others here - I hope they'll forgive me - but I think that they and I are of the same sentiment on this subject.

1) NO ONE is calling "BS" on the numbers you ran. We all believe that what you did at the track was real.

2) What we are saying is that the logic you are using to estimate what you'd run with a better 60' is flawed. It is a FACT that .1 seconds on the 60' WILL NOT grant you .3 seconds at the other end of the track IF ALL OTHER VARIABLES ARE UNCHANGED. There are millions of drag racers out there who will attest to this. There are millions of sets of timeslips out there that prove this to be true. A .2 second decrease in ET with a .1 second 60' decrease is VERY OPTIMISTIC, but can sometimes with certain setups be realized. A .15 second decrease in ET with a .1 second decrease in 60' is more common. A .3 second decrease in ET with a .1 second 60' drop is just way, way out in left field, unless other things in the run change as well, such as hitting your shifts better, a higher trap speed, less wheelspin AFTER the 60' mark, etc.

You are getting VERY, VERY defensive for no reason - you're misunderstanding our positions entirely. All we are doing is trying to lend our collective track experiences and knowledge to help you set a realistic goal for yourself. Hitting a very high 10 with your setup as it is right now, given what we just saw in the timeslip you posted, IS POSSIBLE. Hitting a 10.5 given that timeslip, and given the extensive knowledge we have gleaned from both running at the drag strip, is really stretching - and I mean REALLY stretching it. Logical analysis of hundreds upon hundreds of passes at the track of our own, our friends, acquaintences, and just random folks on the internet is what tells us this. We're not trying to bag on you or put you down, we're trying to tell you that we think SOME of what you're saying is possible is just not realistic in our opinion.

Take from this what you will...
Old 07-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Very well said...
Old 07-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

I am deh suckest driver...Deh end..
Old 07-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Osix350Z
Banned

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
I am deh suckest driver...Deh end..
WOW, NERD lingo...
Old 07-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Osix350Z
WOW, NERD lingo...
You see whay I mean about these board? every friggin word is analized and picked apart by trolls with nothing better to do..Seriously dude, if you dont know what the lingo is about (Chico reference) then mind your business and keep the comments to yourself.
it all good people, I really done even care what others think about me or my car..
Old 07-21-2006, 03:16 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

^ Lmfao thats what he was talking about earlier in the thread and it happens again just to prove his point
Old 07-21-2006, 03:21 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing I dont understand..And no offense to the names I am about to mention...
Sharif posts up a 600+ hp Dyno, on 550cc injectors, and no one questions him......
JWT TT owners claim to make 480whp at 6 or 7 psi with stock injectors yet decline a free dyno, no one questions them...
VRT post up some ludicrous 700+ hp numbers on a stock fuel system/Daily driver car..No one questions them.......
People selling a bolt kit, that claims to cure headlift....Everyone jumps on a group buy, and once again, no one questions them....
Someone claims to have hit 314 whp N/A, people question him, but the thread dies and is forgotten...No on questions him...
There are alot of amazing developments happening every day in the Z community, and some of it is simply amazing to say the least..
Yet I simply state, that my car has 10 second "POTENTIAL" never did I LIE as you claimed, or mislead anyone in any way..Nor did I state that I had run a 10 second pass..Furthermore, I went on the record as saying, my driving skills suck..So where am I being misleading?
Optomistic, maybe....Hopefull, yeah that to...Misleading, I dont think so..
To all the people I mentioned above, the forum celebrated and said "GREAT JOB" and that was that..So why is it I am met with resentment on the boards? Why am I being questioned? What are your motivations to discredit me??
I suppose I could just post up when I do run a 10 second pass, but what would be the point, the trolls will just come out and say the timeslip is a fake..
There really is no point in arguing on these forums anymore..
I agree with what Neal said 100%. Furthermore...I did a LOT of questioning of VRT back in the day and got flamed to all hell for it. So don't say that noone questions them.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:48 PM
SnakeBitten

The only way with a 127mph trap you can hit a 10.5-10.7 is if you had AWD and cut a wicked 60' time...Ive seen only AWD cars hit 10's with such a low trap speed....Not gonna happen in your Z...If you were in the 135mph+ traps speeds then you may hit a 10.7-10.9 in your Z set up the way it is...But you would have to be perfect imho...
Old 07-21-2006, 03:55 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
The only way with a 127mph trap you can hit a 10.5-10.7 is if you had AWD and cut a wicked 60' time...Ive seen only AWD cars hit 10's with such a low trap speed....Not gonna happen in your Z...If you were in the 135mph+ traps speeds then you may hit a 10.7-10.9 in your Z set up the way it is...But you would have to be perfect imho...
look at the PR track, they are hitting 10.8 at 120 mph....don't want to start the little battle again because I got flamed too much but they did it and they claim it was legit so based on that it's possible
Old 07-21-2006, 08:38 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

All Wheel Drive is NOWHERE near as good as a well setup rear wheel drive car down the 1/4 the best 60's are all done with RWD...NOT AWD.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:18 AM
JisNis

MRC, go run your 10 sec timeslip. Im rootin for ya.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Osix350Z
Banned

You see whay I mean about these board? every friggin word is analized and picked apart by trolls with nothing better to do..Seriously dude, if you dont know what the lingo is about (Chico reference) then mind your business and keep the comments to yourself.
it all good people, I really done even care what others think about me or my car..
I thought these boards were about posting opinions and info..

My OPINION is that you posted some non-english NERD crap. It was usless and made you sound like a 14 year old, don't get your panties in a bunch porker.. The only time you need to open your mouth from now on is when my fly is down.

Now... Back to you owning a ten second car that has never been tens..
Old 07-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

You are completely mistaken...FYI AWD is nothing more than Front wheel drive with rear wheel assist..All of the fastest cars in the world are RWD..
Old 07-24-2006, 11:17 AM
EM-EFER

Originally Posted by Osix350Z
I thought these boards were about posting opinions and info..

My OPINION is that you posted some non-english NERD crap. It was usless and made you sound like a 14 year old, don't get your panties in a bunch porker.. The only time you need to open your mouth from now on is when my fly is down.

Now... Back to you owning a ten second car that has never been tens..

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooa..

Take it easy.. sounds like your about to go and bust some roids

Last edited by EM-EFER; 07-24-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

I could put a hamster on a wheel on VRT's dyno and it would put down 300whp.
Best quote ever!!!