Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Why's the NSX faster?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 11:29 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RBlover69
maybey Price wise but the Vettes compete in the same classes race wise. Z06s of course. But , i here ya
Price wise completely different class.

Are you trying to up your post count? LMAO
Old 04-11-2007, 11:35 AM
S8ER95Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97supratt
The LS1's have a tendency of drinking loads of oil. Not as reliable as the NSX motor man.
Drinking oil doesn't equal unreliable.

FWIW I use a quart every ~6000miles.... and I spend a lot of time on the throttle. No problems here.

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 04-11-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:37 PM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by 97supratt
Price wise completely different class.

Are you trying to up your post count? LMAO
i dunno are you ? im bored at work. What's your excuse. I stated a fact, race wise in what there designed for they compete in the same class as the exotics .Thats my point. Its fact. Price wise it doesnt take a genuis to see the difference you state.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:54 PM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This sucker can be FAST once you slap on the supercharger.
In fact, my co-worker's brother is trying to sell his yellow 04 NSX for $60,000.
The car's garage kept and in pristine condition. Less than 10K on the ODO and never seen the rain.
He spent 45K on mods including supercharger. He's basically giving it away at 60K!(used 04 STOCK will cost you 70+K)
He's selling the car because:

1. He's stupid
2. wants to buy the Porsche 911 GT3

My co-worker and I are trying our best to stop him from selling it for so damn cheap, but if he's still stubborn enough to give it away that cheap I might help him sell it and post time detailed pics/info here or something.

I would sell my Z in a heartbeat and go for it but I just don't have enough cash..sigh
Old 04-11-2007, 02:26 PM
97supratt

911 GT3 = Pure Jizz!
Old 04-11-2007, 02:27 PM
97supratt

i dunno are you ? im bored at work. What's your excuse. I stated a fact, race wise in what there designed for they compete in the same class as the exotics .Thats my point. Its fact. Price wise it doesnt take a genuis to see the difference you state.

I'm also bored at work.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:42 PM
RBlover69

yea this site isnt blocked so....i become a post ***** 8-5pm lmao somedays 12-8pm lmao.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:16 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by dwf137
agreed. I don't see the need to praise vtec either. The technology is awesome and is still improving, but now it's in just about every damn honda out there. There's no need for the stickers and praise that it's getting, but hell, people still see the need to put "dohc" stickers on their civics too. There's much better valve timing systems out there now, honda just happened to be pretty much the first to make it "main stream" i guess.

VVT is awesome, and I'm sure it'll keep developing as time goes on, but I don't really see a need to advertise it either. Everyone knows z's have it, just as much as everyone knows honda's have vtec..
Its in some form in all Hondas but not in a performance character....most times its only on the intake side to improve gas mileage

Its still hands down the best variable LIFT system out there.....and its still evolving better than its ever been before which is to say amazing

The Z would be much much better if it had an actual VTEC system....better low end and much more topend.....someday hopefully

The new "nsx" wont even be much of an NSX.....its gonna be a 500hp V10 daily driver for rich guys.....not a track monster so BOOOOO

Name another V6 NA car that traps as high as the NSX and then name the price tag.....then factor in reliablility, maintenance costs and the exotic factor

When money isnt an object the STOCK car isnt a real factor as you can make it as fast as you want....the question is the overall character .....you see vettes everyday.....NSX's....I wish...even here in Cali when I get a chance to see one in person I gawk...its hot rolling sex

WHen you have the money you dont care just how fast the car is.....a notch back stang can be fast....but as cheap as they are you wont catch even me driving one.....let along someone comtemplating a 150K used Ferrari or Lambo

Last edited by SergEK; 04-11-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:05 AM
VelocityC6

Originally Posted by The Tech-1
And for those talking smack about how the engine is weak compared to the 05+ vettes and vipers well just hold on to your seats. There is a new NSX coming out and trust me it won't be attainable to those who drive porsche's, vettes and vipers. They are bringing the new NSX to the same level as the ferrari's, aston martins and buggatti's. That's their new target audience. Lets see if the release of the new NSX causes the competition in those manufacturers to up their game as what happend when the first NSX was introduced.

Well it'll be nice to have an NSX that can run with the likes of Ferrari's, Lambos, Aston Martin...........but the C6 Z06 has been doing that since being introduced.....and at a much more reasonable price which means alot more people could potentially own one someday

BTW car companies will always "up their game" if they want a car to remain viable, the NSX didn't do much to up it's game and is the reason it sold poorly over it's run. I've read many times about the NSX's poor sales.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:15 AM
michaeljr6

Originally Posted by VelocityC6
Well it'll be nice to have an NSX that can run with the likes of Ferrari's, Lambos, Aston Martin...........but the C6 Z06 has been doing that since being introduced.....and at a much more reasonable price which means alot more people could potentially own one someday

BTW car companies will always "up their game" if they want a car to remain viable, the NSX didn't do much to up it's game and is the reason it sold poorly over it's run. I've read many times about the NSX's poor sales.
i wish the z had poor sales so i wouldn't see them all over the road as i do now....

in a couple of years C6 resale value will be sucks for the owner but great for the buyer
Old 04-12-2007, 05:34 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, but most car companies do not invest so heavily into the launch of a new vehicle. They test the waters first with watered down versions of a concept, then release the souped up versions once they know it's profitable. What's interesting about Honda, is they have the confidence to create landmark vehicles at their inception, investing in performance as a brand differentiator. The landmark vehicle sets a new standard that the competition has to play catch up to and remains competitive for longer product cycles allowing them time to focus on the next landmark vehicle. They can survive lower sales figures towards the end of a product's life cycle because they have not spent the additional resources to re-engineer the car during.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:37 AM
NA350Z

This thread is seriously making me consider buying one and supercharging it.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:03 AM
SergEK

Originally Posted by NA350Z
This thread is seriously making me consider buying one and supercharging it.
TT or dont bother

The TT's are going 10's......titanium rods to the rescue!

Oh and bring money, lots of it, two big bottles, by tonight!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:16 AM
SergEK

Comparing a Honda and a CHevy in sales performance is laughable

Have you seen Chevys overall sales figures....poor doesnt begin to describe it lol

Yes the Z06 is fast....its also usaully using TWICE the motor size of the cars people compare it to

Against other 6L or 7L imports it gets waxed

The only difference is the money.....CHevys are cheap no one will ever argue that but its also why no one wants to buy them either

And for 70-80K you can build a TON of cars to match a Z06 but why match it when you can beat it

Huge motor, lots of power....if the competition steps up another liter and goes faster whats Chevy gonna do? Build a 10L Vette? Dodge is now at 8.4L with the new Viper and 600hp....Word is CHevy will be reduced to Ford antics and stick a blower on the vette to compete

The newer NSXs are quick and extremely capable for a 3.2L import.....12's stock, Honda reliability and maintenance costs....yes they should have gone bigger but the costs involved were not worth it at the time to Honda

The other vehicles for the American market were more important and got most of the R&D money......now Honda is overtaking Ford in America as far as sales and CHevy will dropping to the number 2 spot in the US soon behind Toyota.......can Vette Z06 sales save Chevy...keep dreaming

The NSX was a loser for Acura but its a halo car.....its about brand image....the NSX was and is a modern marvel and a sexy one at that side by side with a Z06 I still think the NSX looks hotter

The vette looks like a vette.....the NSX looks exotic, rare, refined.....something I doubt vette owners can really boast about
Old 04-12-2007, 10:32 AM
VelocityC6

Originally Posted by SergEK
Comparing a Honda and a CHevy in sales performance is laughable

Have you seen Chevys overall sales figures....poor doesnt begin to describe it lol

Yes the Z06 is fast....its also usaully using TWICE the motor size of the cars people compare it to

Against other 6L or 7L imports it gets waxed

The only difference is the money.....CHevys are cheap no one will ever argue that but its also why no one wants to buy them either

And for 70-80K you can build a TON of cars to match a Z06 but why match it when you can beat it

Huge motor, lots of power....if the competition steps up another liter and goes faster whats Chevy gonna do? Build a 10L Vette? Dodge is now at 8.4L with the new Viper and 600hp....Word is CHevy will be reduced to Ford antics and stick a blower on the vette to compete

The newer NSXs are quick and extremely capable for a 3.2L import.....12's stock, Honda reliability and maintenance costs....yes they should have gone bigger but the costs involved were not worth it at the time to Honda

The other vehicles for the American market were more important and got most of the R&D money......now Honda is overtaking Ford in America as far as sales and CHevy will dropping to the number 2 spot in the US soon behind Toyota.......can Vette Z06 sales save Chevy...keep dreaming

The NSX was a loser for Acura but its a halo car.....its about brand image....the NSX was and is a modern marvel and a sexy one at that side by side with a Z06 I still think the NSX looks hotter

The vette looks like a vette.....the NSX looks exotic, rare, refined.....something I doubt vette owners can really boast about
Why does the C6Z get put down for motor size?? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, it could be powered by mice for all I care as long as it puts down 450rwhp from the factory in a light body.

Saying you can build a car up for less then a Z06 is a "ricer" comment. You have to compare it to factory cars, not your local drag racer with a 9 sec Camaro. By that token I could build up a Taurus to be faster then an NSX. Does that mean the NSX is a pos?

And about the sales, how much of a market is there for 2 seat sports cars costing 80k+? Not a huge market by any means. Porsche have done extremely well, Viper hasn't, Z06 has done well, NSX didn't.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:53 AM
SergEK

Why does the C6Z get put down for motor size?? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, it could be powered by mice for all I care as long as it puts down 450rwhp from the factory in a light body.

Saying you can build a car up for less then a Z06 is a "ricer" comment. You have to compare it to factory cars, not your local drag racer with a 9 sec Camaro. By that token I could build up a Taurus to be faster then an NSX. Does that mean the NSX is a pos?

And about the sales, how much of a market is there for 2 seat sports cars costing 80k+? Not a huge market by any means. Porsche have done extremely well, Viper hasn't, Z06 has done well, NSX didn't.
I did compare it to FACTORY cars the problem is other 6 and 7L imports ARE FASTER and you seem to be oblivious to that

Umm letss look back NSX has been around since 1991 to 2005 when the Z06 has a run of oh 15 years then we can talk.....unless you want to compare it to a regular vette for "time" in which case 1991 Vette vs NSX? 1996 Vette vs NSX?

Given the old technology the NSX was using it took chevy many years and LOTS of cubes to finally be on par with the NSX with a base vette from a performance standpoint ---- its still no where near as refined no built as well as the NSX nor does it carry the cars exotic appeal or look

You can talk till your blue in the face the Z06 is still slower than similar cubed imports

Your ricer excuse is its cheaper? The same excuse you tried calling me out for in building something faster for less

Ironic? Not really....you just want to be right when you were wrong from the get go

Name a domestic V6 NA car that run 12's from the factory? Low 13's even?
Good luck
Old 04-12-2007, 12:02 PM
VelocityC6

Originally Posted by SergEK
I did compare it to FACTORY cars the problem is other 6 and 7L imports ARE FASTER and you seem to be oblivious to that

Umm letss look back NSX has been around since 1991 to 2005 when the Z06 has a run of oh 15 years then we can talk.....unless you want to compare it to a regular vette for "time" in which case 1991 Vette vs NSX? 1996 Vette vs NSX?

Given the old technology the NSX was using it took chevy many years and LOTS of cubes to finally be on par with the NSX with a base vette from a performance standpoint ---- its still no where near as refined no built as well as the NSX nor does it carry the cars exotic appeal or look

You can talk till your blue in the face the Z06 is still slower than similar cubed imports

Your ricer excuse is its cheaper? The same excuse you tried calling me out for in building something faster for less

Ironic? Not really....you just want to be right when you were wrong from the get go

Name a domestic V6 NA car that run 12's from the factory? Low 13's even?
Good luck
How does the 91 NSX compare to a 91 Vette ZR-1?
How does the 02 NSX compare to a 02 Z06?

And please list all these imports that destroy the C6 Z06, can't wait to see this list......

And how is my pointing out that the MSRP on a C6Z06 is cheaper then an NSX makes it a "ricer" excuse??? It's a factory car, not something you've built in your garage to be faster.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:53 PM
RBlover69

i hope your referring to japanese imports. Because if we use the term import in general. I would say a nice Zonda F can make a z06 look preety bad
Old 04-12-2007, 01:08 PM
HDPDZO6

i hope your referring to japanese imports. Because if we use the term import in general. I would say a nice Zonda F can make a z06 look preety bad
Which actually proves the point of VelocityC6.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:14 PM
widebody350

d*mn people without any of the cars being discussed(if you have one of these cars my mistake) are getting heated. Relax guys, NSX was good in it's time and compared to today's high performance cars it can still hold it's own. It't pretty much a matter of preference. I don't think that I would ever own one b/c it's kind of like a fake Ferrari and just isn't for me, I can respect what it is.

Quick Reply: Why's the NSX faster?