Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

(Video) BriGuyMax's 11.6 @ 120mph run.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 08:07 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by El Zzeta
not sure what your experiance is running just n/a but is this something that you tried when you didn't have this much power or were you more conservative?

Btw...we need a Z like this where i run in S.D., Z's are rare where i run and the ones that show up besides myself are always first time noobs that run ****y times and i never see again.Its awesome to see Z's like this actually exist
when you launch high.. you do alot of clutch slipping
Old 10-27-2006, 10:06 AM
BrianLG35C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
442 whp On stock boost?
9psi, same as Brian.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:57 AM
doug

Brian i am thread jacking.. but show your support homo's

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....wpost&t=226583
Old 10-27-2006, 01:18 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Enron Exec
Are you on the stock diff? Looks like it can't cope with the power during the burn out.
Yes...stock LSD

Both my tires sping all the way through my burnout. Not to mention that was my worst burnout of the day. All of the others I stayed all the way in the waterbox and smoked the $hit out of them.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gnxs
It's unfortunate that I was in the lanes getting ready to run my car when he made his quicker 11.5 pass so I didn't get a chance to video it.
omg i cant believe you missed that run. i mean. 11.6 is slow you can tell but 11.5 is visibly faster. not sure why anyone even posted the 11.6 run, it seemed like an eternity. 11.5 would have been so much faster.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:21 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by BrianLG35C
Except me. Tuned by the same shop, stock REV limiter and the same psi as Brian. Sometimes I guess, the rods just let go.
Yea, your's is a mystery to me man. Have you checked to make sure the none of the vacuum lines to either the unichip or the FP regulator came loose? Also do you know what level your oil was at when it blew up? Really bad gas maybe? I find it really hard to believe after how hard I've beat on my car that a rod could just randomly give out like that when you weren't even pushing the car.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:35 AM
gnxs

Originally Posted by Nexx
omg i cant believe you missed that run. i mean. 11.6 is slow you can tell but 11.5 is visibly faster. not sure why anyone even posted the 11.6 run, it seemed like an eternity. 11.5 would have been so much faster.
Always nice to have your fastest pass on tape. I'm sure it would have looked exactly the same........well, except for the clocks that is. Thanks for bustin' my *****.

Last edited by gnxs; 10-28-2006 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:37 AM
slinksZ

I am almost convinced aps is the way to go, but I have seen some nice numbers with the greddys as well.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:00 AM
kleefton

Originally Posted by doug
Just so you know.. there are a couple down hill tracks in the US... Atcco in NJ is a very popular one.. its a reason alot of people go to Atcco instead of English Town... the track is downhill
Haha, that's the silliest rumor I've ever heard. Atco is not downhill.

The main reason you see some of the fastest times there is that it is open during the middle of the winter, so lots of folks are running in 30-40 degree weather and getting record times.

Try running at Atco during the summer and compare it to what you ran during the winter, the difference will be mind boggling.

My 2000 civic si ran 15.1 at atco during the winter, in 80 degree weather in June it ran 15.6 with the exact same mod: only an AEM CAI

I'll admit though that it's faster than Englishtown, because it is just a better prepped track than englishtown and you can get some killer 60' times there, but it is not downhill. Please stop the madness.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:13 AM
doug

Originally Posted by kleefton
Haha, that's the silliest rumor I've ever heard. Atco is not downhill.

The main reason you see some of the fastest times there is that it is open during the middle of the winter, so lots of folks are running in 30-40 degree weather and getting record times.

Try running at Atco during the summer and compare it to what you ran during the winter, the difference will be mind boggling.

My 2000 civic si ran 15.1 at atco during the winter, in 80 degree weather in June it ran 15.6 with the exact same mod: only an AEM CAI

I'll admit though that it's faster than Englishtown, because it is just a better prepped track than englishtown and you can get some killer 60' times there, but it is not downhill. Please stop the madness.
dude.. its well known Atco is down hill... and don't let anyone hear you say Atco is better prepped than Etown... Etown is the best prepped track on the east coast.. and one of the top 3 in the country... atco isn't even on the top 5
Old 10-29-2006, 04:14 PM
kleefton

Originally Posted by doug
dude.. its well known Atco is down hill... and don't let anyone hear you say Atco is better prepped than Etown... Etown is the best prepped track on the east coast.. and one of the top 3 in the country... atco isn't even on the top 5
well known?
It's a well known rumor.
That's what it is.
And about Etown being the best prepped track on the east coast, Muhahaha to that.
That just tells me you have little to no experience with it.
Etown is a nice drag racing venue with nice facilities and everything, but the track prep is really left to be desired. If you had raced at Atco, or even at Island Dragway, the track prep is superior and you will always hook up better and post better 60' times at those other venues. At etown you will spin more, no matter what you do, plain and simple. I have made like probably close to 100 passes at those three NJ based tracks in the last 5 years, so I know the differences well. Etown is the worst out of the three when it comes to hooking up and running fastest ETs.
Atco is only fast during the winter. IT IS NOT A DOWNHILL TRACK
Island dragway is a ghetto track which charges an arm and a leg to do test and tune, but the track prep is decent and you can run some decently fast times there if the weather is not too hot or humid.

Last edited by kleefton; 10-29-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:20 PM
bacalhau16

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
Yea, your's is a mystery to me man. I find it really hard to believe after how hard I've beat on my car that a rod could just randomly give out like that when you weren't even pushing the car.
This is what I ask when I think of Alberto's car also though. He had a less then 400whp Z, on a very conservative tune, with a larger oil pan and such for safety precautions, he wasnt pushing his car, and it still blew with less then something like 4k on the TN turbo kit. Was any reason ever found for that either? Kinda seems like its just luck of the draw!
Old 10-29-2006, 06:00 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by bacalhau16
This is what I ask when I think of Alberto's car also though. He had a less then 400whp Z, on a very conservative tune, with a larger oil pan and such for safety precautions, he wasnt pushing his car, and it still blew with less then something like 4k on the TN turbo kit. Was any reason ever found for that either? Kinda seems like its just luck of the draw!
He ran his car with a higher rev-limiter N/A and on boost...and I believe that was a very big contributing factor. Revs stress the rods MUCH MORE than power.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:04 AM
BrianLG35C

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
Yea, your's is a mystery to me man. Have you checked to make sure the none of the vacuum lines to either the unichip or the FP regulator came loose? Also do you know what level your oil was at when it blew up? Really bad gas maybe? I find it really hard to believe after how hard I've beat on my car that a rod could just randomly give out like that when you weren't even pushing the car.
Me as well. No I haven't checked anything under the hood since I brought her home. I can't look at it anymore. Oil levels were fine and I always ran 94 octane. Who knows maybe I missed something. I don't profess to be very mechanically inclined so I probably should of stayed away from FI.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:08 AM
doug

Originally Posted by kleefton
well known?
It's a well known rumor.
That's what it is.
And about Etown being the best prepped track on the east coast, Muhahaha to that.
That just tells me you have little to no experience with it.
Etown is a nice drag racing venue with nice facilities and everything, but the track prep is really left to be desired. If you had raced at Atco, or even at Island Dragway, the track prep is superior and you will always hook up better and post better 60' times at those other venues. At etown you will spin more, no matter what you do, plain and simple. I have made like probably close to 100 passes at those three NJ based tracks in the last 5 years, so I know the differences well. Etown is the worst out of the three when it comes to hooking up and running fastest ETs.
Atco is only fast during the winter. IT IS NOT A DOWNHILL TRACK
Island dragway is a ghetto track which charges an arm and a leg to do test and tune, but the track prep is decent and you can run some decently fast times there if the weather is not too hot or humid.

1) Atco is downhill.. deal with it..

2) Island Dragway is a POS i wouldn't even mention or run my lawn mower down.

3) Etown has hooking up problems when they have big events because every other car is leaving oil at the starting tree.. but its still one of the best prepped tracks in the US
Old 10-30-2006, 10:18 AM
95snoozer

Originally Posted by MUZZY
Ill start bets on the # of times he can do that b4 he blowes his motor!
the answer is 1,192.5
Old 10-30-2006, 10:20 AM
95snoozer

Originally Posted by Alberto
Why does everybody ask if tracks are downhill when a good driver runs a fast time? YEah-like somebody is gonna build a downhill track-the slow down area is uphill so it gives that effect....

Nice run, your car is a sleeper...
my dream is to build an indoor track that is refrigerated st sea level. At the end you will go up a giant concave hill to shorten braking distance.

bill gates just doesnt know how to spend his money right!
Old 10-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Ozzie@Hppracing

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
APS TT, stock block ftw.

Right click, Save as.
Video

That's awesome. I am putting on my extreme on right now. It should be done by wed. Looking forward to running some good times. It sure is nice to see what they can do, keep up the good work.

Ozzie@ Hppracing.com