Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Stock 350Z vs 2007 G35 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 07:12 AM
95snoozer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JunJTan
damn, it's almost a second faster than the previous one.
where do you get a second from? I have seen countless 03s run 14.0-14.2 at 99 stock and 298 HP versions in the high 13s. the sedan was never very far behind the z because it is not much heavier. The g35 coupe is slower than the sedan and is the heaviest of all 3
Old 12-22-2006, 07:12 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ferox
What is the trap speed of a G35 with the regular VQ35DE?
I think the C&D comparison between the 298hp and 306hp models said they trapped 98MPH with the old motor.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:16 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by 95snoozer
where do you get a second from? I have seen countless 03s run 14.0-14.2 at 99 stock and 298 HP versions in the high 13s. the sedan was never very far behind the z because it is not much heavier. The g35 coupe is slower than the sedan and is the heaviest of all 3
If topnotches friend ran a 13.7 with a 2.1 60', I'd say the sedan is mid 13 capable in the 1/4.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:14 AM
95snoozer

man I want one
Old 12-22-2006, 09:02 AM
pingbling23

i have high expectations for the next z. nissan really has to step up the performance of the z, theres to many sedans and low 20 thousand dollar sports cars that are at or near the z's speed performance.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:35 PM
JunJTan

I assume the old G is mid 14s car at about 98, but the new G can do 13.7 with 2.1x, this is a quite bit of difference between the two.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:52 PM
95snoozer

98 with a 2.1 is 14.1-2
and all my friend 6mt 03s did 14.0-14.2 at 99 stock
Old 12-23-2006, 12:17 AM
skaterbasist

The new G Sedan isnt something an 03-06 Z/G wants to mess with unless its modded.

Those things are fast, faster than most sedans out there.

I am very impressed with it, and wouldnt mind owning one myself

Old 12-23-2006, 08:35 AM
psteng19

Originally Posted by topnotch350z
just got back from the track with my buddies 2007 g35 sedan, he ran...

13.7 @ 103 with a 2.1 sixty foot time consistantly...im jealous
Sport? AWD?
5AT? 6MT?
Old 12-23-2006, 09:02 AM
RBlover69

id say a Z with a proper driver can out perform the sedan. on the track its a no contest aswell road race track that is. But the weight negates the power they put down aswell on a road course . And also remember the ecu in the sedan probably wont be as aggressive as it would be in the G coupe or Z when the HR comes out aswell. On a test drive of the sedan it felt more laid back. It felt like it could take a auto Z. stock but a MT Z pulling the times we see here for stock Zs i think it will get owned by weight uptop , and just being the more aggressivly tuned car. But a amazing engine for a amazing sedan none the the less and i plled off a 13.7 at the track which is the same as some of them pulled off stock. But i believe uptop lets say a highway run i think a revup can walk the sedan HR. But now when the G coupe or Z come out with the hr well thats a diff story lol.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:35 AM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by RBlover69
id say a Z with a proper driver can out perform the sedan. on the track its a no contest aswell road race track that is. But the weight negates the power they put down aswell on a road course . And also remember the ecu in the sedan probably wont be as aggressive as it would be in the G coupe or Z when the HR comes out aswell. On a test drive of the sedan it felt more laid back. It felt like it could take a auto Z. stock but a MT Z pulling the times we see here for stock Zs i think it will get owned by weight uptop , and just being the more aggressivly tuned car. But a amazing engine for a amazing sedan none the the less and i plled off a 13.7 at the track which is the same as some of them pulled off stock. But i believe uptop lets say a highway run i think a revup can walk the sedan HR. But now when the G coupe or Z come out with the hr well thats a diff story lol.
You know the 07 G35 somes with the VQ35HR right?

Also, how are you going to say that the 03-06 Z can out perform the new sedan on the track?

I test drove the new sedan, and the new suspension on it is way better and stiffer than our current Z/G.

The 07 Sedan probably outpeforms the current Z/G in every catagory... but like you said, when the new G35 coupe and 350z come out with the HR (maybe even the rumored 3.7), it is probably going to be a different story.

Im expecting the new 07 Z with the HR to be about the same or slightly faster than the 07 sedan.

Although these 2 cars are in different classes, both are amazing cars overall.

Thumbs up to Infiniti/Nissan.

Old 12-23-2006, 10:44 AM
kaybee650

i actually raced an 07 g35 ... i have an 04 Enthusiasts with intake and spacer. i barely kept up with him.. that's how ast they really are.. i didnt get burned by him. I launched better but i was barely keeping up. it was slightly pulling on me after every shift. we cut it at 100mph. and he was half a fender ahead of me. when i was stock i ran 14.1@99mph consistantly. so they are at least 13 second cars. i just hope that wasnt an automatic, or that will make really depressed. but most g sedans are automatics.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:55 AM
95snoozer

wow, I cant believe how many false assumptions and misinformation your post contains. Maybe you should read this thread and keep your thoughts to yourself
Old 12-23-2006, 12:15 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by kaybee650
i actually raced an 07 g35 ... i have an 04 Enthusiasts with intake and spacer. i barely kept up with him.. that's how ast they really are.. i didnt get burned by him. I launched better but i was barely keeping up. it was slightly pulling on me after every shift. we cut it at 100mph. and he was half a fender ahead of me. when i was stock i ran 14.1@99mph consistantly. so they are at least 13 second cars. i just hope that wasnt an automatic, or that will make really depressed. but most g sedans are automatics.

It was most likely automatic, because looking at most of the Inventories around 5 of my local dealers, I can easily say that atleast 95% of them were auto.

There will be more 6MT's 07 Sedans out there when Infiniti produces more... supposeably around this january/february.

If an auto pulled on your slightly modded Z like that, then imagine the 6MT?!?

Before, I really had no interest in Sedans, but I have to admin, this new 07 G35 sedan really learned my respect, and love it!

If I were looking for a sedan... i'd be all over this one.

Old 12-23-2006, 12:41 PM
RBlover69

well, before i bought my 06 Z after trading in my 04 i test drove a 07 Gsedan( the gentlemen was actually pushing a 06 Gsedan on me lol ) with the HR obviously and was impressed with the overall engine pull but , after playing with it on 408 , i didnt feel confident in the handeling at all. Its not a assumption if u want to trade in ur car or purchace on go test drive on urself. The ride height is higher also, i dunno i guess sicne the Z has a lower stance i felt more confident in its handling then the G sedan.Maybey I didnt explain it properly but, i dont think its on par with a Z in the handeling department at all. I believe however that its accelartion is on par with a Z if not a smudge better . And engine note is alot louder from the intake stand point aswell. But due to the overlall confortness of the G maybey thats why i didnt feel a sensation of speed as i do in the Z. Its not misinformation, i was really close in buying a 07 considering , it wouldve been 90$ more then what im paying now with the same down payment i put on my trade in. Its def a looker , and the sedan is a great car i would def choose one over the 3 series. But its not me whos really into sports cars, i really cant justify the G for myself, due to the fact that i want a sports car not a sports sedan. The Gs did post a 13.7 at Etown from my freinds reports in NJ. Thats right on par with my best time at Etown before i moved to FL. How is that a assumption, There quick cars, but with the car being as is and seeing how the Z was developed , i still stand by my prediction that on a road course i dont see the Z having a hard time with a G sedan. Cant a brotha have a opinion its not like im talkign without driving one. lol its really my review over what got me into nissans and infiniti's in teh first place. I love road racing, love to watch it love to test out my own stock cars abilities on the tracks. But , .i was impressed with everything on the G except for the handeling. And one more thing that killed me was it might of been me but the gas usage, granted i was getting on her but the gas on this thing was full at the test drive went down sig after. I mean granted my main point in the car was seeing if steppign above the Z was worth it , but besides the engine , which had alot more life then my revup , i wasnt impressed with teh way she handled. The navigation is amazing and the bluetooth phone option is nice. But considering me taking a 06 Z around the same bends on a different highway. And feeling the confidence of being in a sports car, ...i dunno i walked off with spending 36k somewhere else. Sorry not everyone is gonna be impressed guys, i was impressed however how they stepped up there brand with these new HRs and material. But im more simple, and prefer ruggid performance over having a refined luxury sedan. I cant wait to test the new g coupe when it comes out , that might make me trade the Z in but the G sedan.....ill wait.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:53 PM
roast

well, before i bought my 06 Z after trading in my 04 i test drove a 07 Gsedan( the gentlemen was actually pushing a 06 Gsedan on me lol ) with the HR obviously and was impressed with the overall engine pull but , after playing with it on 408 , i didnt feel confident in the handeling at all. Its not a assumption if u want to trade in ur car or purchace on go test drive on urself. The ride height is higher also, i dunno i guess sicne the Z has a lower stance i felt more confident in its handling then the G sedan.Maybey I didnt explain it properly but, i dont think its on par with a Z in the handeling department at all. I believe however that its accelartion is on par with a Z if not a smudge better . And engine note is alot louder from the intake stand point aswell. But due to the overlall confortness of the G maybey thats why i didnt feel a sensation of speed as i do in the Z. Its not misinformation, i was really close in buying a 07 considering , it wouldve been 90$ more then what im paying now with the same down payment i put on my trade in. Its def a looker , and the sedan is a great car i would def choose one over the 3 series. But its not me whos really into sports cars, i really cant justify the G for myself, due to the fact that i want a sports car not a sports sedan. The Gs did post a 13.7 at Etown from my freinds reports in NJ. Thats right on par with my best time at Etown before i moved to FL. How is that a assumption, There quick cars, but with the car being as is and seeing how the Z was developed , i still stand by my prediction that on a road course i dont see the Z having a hard time with a G sedan. Cant a brotha have a opinion its not like im talkign without driving one. lol its really my review over what got me into nissans and infiniti's in teh first place. I love road racing, love to watch it love to test out my own stock cars abilities on the tracks. But , .i was impressed with everything on the G except for the handeling. And one more thing that killed me was it might of been me but the gas usage, granted i was getting on her but the gas on this thing was full at the test drive went down sig after. I mean granted my main point in the car was seeing if steppign above the Z was worth it , but besides the engine , which had alot more life then my revup , i wasnt impressed with teh way she handled. The navigation is amazing and the bluetooth phone option is nice. But considering me taking a 06 Z around the same bends on a different highway. And feeling the confidence of being in a sports car, ...i dunno i walked off with spending 36k somewhere else. Sorry not everyone is gonna be impressed guys, i was impressed however how they stepped up there brand with these new HRs and material. But im more simple, and prefer ruggid performance over having a refined luxury sedan. I cant wait to test the new g coupe when it comes out , that might make me trade the Z in but the G sedan.....ill wait.
Perhaps you should have took snoozers advice.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:03 PM
RBlover69

im on a pda gimme a break u guys are like women, lmao this is a forum right. As long as u get the point thats all that matters
Old 12-23-2006, 01:05 PM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by roast
Perhaps you should have took snoozers advice.
perhaps u can ask me why im typing like that instead of jocking someone. lets not be vain. Im here to talk about the new g not about the nonsense that is spelling on a new pda that im still getting used it. If u know pdas im used to using a 8525 and im now using a blackjack, big difference in keyboard. So bare with a brotha.

Last edited by RBlover69; 12-23-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:26 PM
RBlover69

wow, I cant believe how many false assumptions and misinformation your post contains. Maybe you should read this thread and keep your thoughts to yourself
and perhaps u should keep ur opinions and assumptions to yourself. And understand why there are opinions behind my explaination rather then showing ur own stupidity.That u should keep to yourself. So hows that new G again lol. i have stayed on topic you have not. My opinion is my opinion . This is a forum wether you like it or not. My views on the new G are as valid of an opinion as yours.

Last edited by RBlover69; 12-23-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:40 PM
kleefton

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
You know the 07 G35 somes with the VQ35HR right?

Also, how are you going to say that the 03-06 Z can out perform the new sedan on the track?

I test drove the new sedan, and the new suspension on it is way better and stiffer than our current Z/G.

The 07 Sedan probably outpeforms the current Z/G in every catagory... but like you said, when the new G35 coupe and 350z come out with the HR (maybe even the rumored 3.7), it is probably going to be a different story.

Ok, I think you need to put down the crack pipe for a sec.

Though I agree the 07 g35 is likely faster than the 03-06' Z in a straight line, it isn't going to match it in the twisties. You're comparing a big luxury sedan to a dedicated sports car. There is no way the G35 handles better.

Ok, besides that I agree with the rest of what you're saying.

Quick Reply: Stock 350Z vs 2007 G35 Sedan