Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Stock 350Z vs 2007 G35 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 02:39 PM
moflow

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

wohoo magazine racing...
Ok skaterbasist, you state the magazine times were mostly Z's from 05 and up. The Z's tires were upgraded in 06.
You state that it is common knowledge that a Z can't hang with an M3 or an evo on a track. Please refer to Car and Driver's Lightning Lap article. Believe me these guys know how to drive a car around a race track. Testing was done on the same day under the same conditions. Also Top Gear has the exact same times for the 350Z and the M3 around their track. This one you can be skeptical about...it rains a lot and their track is often damp. Never the less this seems to be evidence that the two cars have similar performance. The Z beat the M3 in a Best motoring epesode, though the M3 was posting faster times around the track.

It seems to me that comparing a Z to an 07 G is a lot like comparing a 335i to an e46 M3. A G sedan is ALWAYS going to be compromised because it is meant to be a mainstream car. Infiniti's mission is not to build the fastest and best handling car for 35K. Their mission is to build a fast comfortable and excellent handling car that undercuts BMW.

I'm not saying the 07 G handles worse because handling is subjective. I am saying that i'm 99 percent sure that an 06 Z will beat it around most road courses in the world and that the twistier the course, the bigger advantage the Z will have.

Link to Lightning Lap article http://www.caranddriver.com/features...tning-lap.html Even if you still insist the evo is faster due to driver error or thoughts that this particular track favors the Z etc...It's still a compelling argument that the cars are in the same class as one another.

Last edited by moflow; 01-14-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:13 PM
skaterbasist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bacalhau16
Ive seen that video dozens of times, but enjoy it more and more everytime.

Im not sure what you guys are really trying to achieve in this thread anymore. Its clear that there is a true fanboy to the finest with the 07 sedan. We will just have to wait and see what it actually does once consumers get a hold of them and really see what they can do. If they do put out the numbers that skaterbasist says, then good for it. Infiniti would have done a really good job. We will just have to wait and see though.

I totally agree with you with the exception of the fact that you called me an 07 Sedan fan boy. Not only do I not own an 07 Sedan, I would never get one due to the fact that it's a sedan.

It takes time to see the true performance of any Newly introduced vehicle.

Thread closed, atleast for me.

Old 01-14-2007, 04:54 PM
RBlover69

Werd, i would say thread closed also but then i would feel like a *** cause i cant actually close a thread. But good rebuttle. Bottom line Nissan/infiniti have some cars out with engines that will be amazing , the competetion it seems to me that there bringing is really steping in the right direction. With the Z now having a engine that from paper looks to be the next RB. To the GTR being the ultimate in a japanese car states side. Its gonna be a exciting time for Us as owners to see what gets developed. Agree with moflow and baca, cant wait to see one the 07 Z has already been tested in orlando buy one of the crew over here and i herd the speedo made the revups and reg DEs look timid so i gotta see it for myself. all is fair in modding.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GEEZ!!! This thread spun way out of control. The original question was which one is faster down the 1/4 mile not which one handles better. And I get 5 pages of arguing. LOL
Old 01-15-2007, 07:26 PM
RBlover69

its that time of the month diesel what do u expect from a bunch of grown men jk