Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 03:58 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Peak350
I had hit a couple 105's earlier in the night spinning, but when I got it on a hooked launch I almost did a dance.

Its not just driving though, if I showed you all my slips from tonight you'd see, I had 4 or 5 good runs spattered with quite a few terrible runs. Its just when all the things align (track, clutch me) my times come out better, part of it is that I'm watching where off the line the fox bodies that run are pulling their front ends up and bogging, and where they are slipping a bit (within the lanes) and lining up in the sticky spots).
I'm also beginning to think my car might have a strong motor - I'm gonna have to get a dyno done sometime, the only local dyno is a mustang though, and I'd rather get actual dynojet numbers to compare with.
Wow... These 07 engines are amazing...I can not wait until the Bolt on Market picks up for you guys.. Hell, just a simple ECU reflash or engine management might prove to make a huge difference..

Your making us 03-06 guys look bad though

Keep up the good work

Todd
Old 10-14-2007, 06:24 AM
VitViper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by warmmilk
^u, u, i'm really jealous right now, 13.2 and a trap at 105???... still stock... man i wish i could drive like u!!!

thats crazy though, 105 trap on a stock z, this 07 really is something
07 Z's are definitely very strong!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:23 AM
mcwop23

It was nice meeting you last night Peak. I was the guy with the black Evo. Great times for sure. Now go get a couple bolt-ons and run some 12s
Old 10-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Peak350

Originally Posted by mcwop23
It was nice meeting you last night Peak. I was the guy with the black Evo. Great times for sure. Now go get a couple bolt-ons and run some 12s
Yeah it was good to meet you too. Sucks you got locked out of the 11's like that. You should try tuning it just a bit more and you'll probably have no trouble dropping into the 11's.

I'm definitely jealous of what you turbo guys can do with so little $$.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:35 AM
boostintt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ great time dude!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Peak350

Originally Posted by boostintt
^ great time dude!!!
Thanks, and after talking to some guys from the Villages area last night (that run Bradenton, Gainesville, and Bithlo (among others) they commented that Bithlo was the track they HATED going to because the prep was so terrible. I've heard that echoed a lot from friends in Orlando. Gainesville usually has "decent" prep, but I have consistently heard the best of the 3 is Bradenton.

I've only run up here - so I can't personally comment, but the typical track prep is decent for at least 3 or 4 of my runs, and it shows in my times. If you get a chance to go to another track I'd take it (if you happen to be coming up here on a wednesday or Saturday night let me know, it'd be great to get a mini meet organized one day).
Old 10-14-2007, 11:38 AM
coachk
Banned

Peak350... get your car ready for the Nov.24th meet at Bradenton. Track prep will be excellent. I think Zridder19 is from Gainesville and maybe you can get with him and come down, I'm pretty sure he's coming on the 24th. Plus you can get some tips if you need them from guys that have raced at Bradenton numerous times.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Peak350

Originally Posted by coachk
Peak350... get your car ready for the Nov.24th meet at Bradenton. Track prep will be excellent. I think Zridder19 is from Gainesville and maybe you can get with him and come down, I'm pretty sure he's coming on the 24th. Plus you can get some tips if you need them from guys that have raced at Bradenton numerous times.
I have season football tickets so I'm going to be at the UF/FSU game. As soon as I saw the date for the meet it made me sad. I think I'm gonna try going up to Valdosta at some point just to try a different track (for fun) and I'll try to make Bradenton for a Test and Tune.

If I didn't get season tickets (and it wasn't my last year here) I would be all over the meet.

I keep having football on the days of the track meets and its making me sad
Old 10-14-2007, 12:07 PM
coachk
Banned

Originally Posted by taurran
It was full interior. I don't think street legal matters.

Like JT said best "If I pull up next to you on the street in it, it's street legal". lol...

Oh, and it ran a 9.1 by the way.

IMHO any car in Florida can be streetable so long as its registered and has insurance, since there's no inspections needed. I think other states, you have to be inspected. My point is that before you build a monster Z drag car you can register it to get your plates and then turn it into a not street legal car i.e. run slicks, parachutes,etc., but it is still registered so does that make it a street legal car. Then you just have to worry about getting pulled over and given multiple tickets. Once again my opinion is that if your driving around on the streets with a parachute on your car, you're a moron.

Since the Z's are really coming along why don't we have a TOP 10 drag setup category.I think that most of us that are serious drag racers know what a drag car has opposed to a street legal car.
TH350 and 400 can be streetable but I don't think a powerglide would be considered streetable. Just my opinions...
Old 10-14-2007, 12:11 PM
coachk
Banned

I have season football tickets so I'm going to be at the UF/FSU game. As soon as I saw the date for the meet it made me sad. I think I'm gonna try going up to Valdosta at some point just to try a different track (for fun) and I'll try to make Bradenton for a Test and Tune.

If I didn't get season tickets (and it wasn't my last year here) I would be all over the meet.

I keep having football on the days of the track meets and its making me sad
My daughters go to UCF and if you come across any tickets for the FSU/Florida game let me know OR you could sell me yours and come race..lol
Old 10-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cool, so is the top 25 list then open to anything that is a 350z. i have kept my car streetable (been driving it all around lately) so i could remain on the list. i would love to make it a little more track friendly here soon. tuning it this week and will have some new times up.

what are the guidelines for the top 25 cause we really beat up on VTR for him bringing up the PM car back in the day..

thanks guys, just wondering what are the rules so i can maintain them on my car and stay in the list...
Old 10-14-2007, 12:21 PM
VeeTec

The track was very up and down tonight with prep. They finally got it dialed in towards the end of the night (and temps just dipped below 70...~69 on my temp gauge). My clutch ate it on 2 runs, I got wheel hop on a couple more, ran a pair of 13.3's and a pair of 13.2's.

This was my last run of the night, and by far the best pass I've ever made (both in lack of driving error and time).

Note the trap speed, I was thoroughly shocked to see it that high, the .000 was just icing on the cake.

I think I can get into a 13.1 with 50-55 degree temps, but I dunno about breaking into high 12's. It would take a miracle. I power-shifted every gear on this run, had a great launch, there isn't much room to pick up 2 tenths.

Veetec called it with the 13.1's a while back though - credit to him for that prediction.

-Tyler
Congrats!

I won't be going back for a while, until the clutch issue is resolved. It won't hold at all now, even when it trapped over 104.

That is definitely the most impressive 60 I have seen on the stockers too!

It will get cooler, dare I say the 07 will make a 12.9. Maybe a 13.0 anyway. I figured 13.1-13.2 was coming soon, good job.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:38 PM
coachk
Banned

Hey JT... It appears that anything that is a 350z is streetable. I vote you for President of the 350Z Drag Committee ..If I remember correctly the Supras do theirs by categories like 6 speeds and OEM autos are in one category and all other trannies are in a seperate class. We all pretty much know that if you change out your tranny to a 350,400, or powergide your intention is to put down big whp and sacrifice a little streetability.

Lets get some real clarification going for the future Z racers....
Old 10-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by VeeTec
Congrats!

I won't be going back for a while, until the clutch issue is resolved. It won't hold at all now, even when it trapped over 104.

That is definitely the most impressive 60 I have seen on the stockers too!

It will get cooler, dare I say the 07 will make a 12.9. Maybe a 13.0 anyway. I figured 13.1-13.2 was coming soon, good job.
Thanks, you don't know how many runs I didn't launch because of the clutch issue, I don't understand how it can come and go in one night, but I'm gonna bleed the fluid soon (for Motul high boiling point stuff) and look at where everything is, I'm curious if there is a way to put a heat sink or something on the slave cylinder to try to help.

I don't know if 12's are possible, but I've been looking at a lot at E46 M3 times. Our gearing is similar (I need to ask if they have to hit 4th), the rear 60's are close for most of the stock times posted, but they are getting 107/108 traps (obviously cooler weather).

There is an atco time of 12.9xx, and a freak time of 12.7xx, but the 12.7 had a 1.78 60'. I don't think its possible because I'm already launching the car so hard - to pull another .1 out in the 60' would be a miracle, and to get down the track any faster would just be a total fluke run.

12's are possible, but I'm looking at the improvement I've gotten from weather and thinking its more likely to get close but not quite.

That still leaves a lot of room to make it deep into 12's all motor on street tires. Thats something that is promising - And I can only imagine where the Hr will be boosted.

I met a guy last night that said he raced you when he had his Grand Prix and that you were extremely consistent and a nice guy - if you head to Valdosta (or plan to) anytime shoot me a PM. It'd be fun to run with another 07, I'd like to see how our cars compare in the same conditions.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:42 PM
ZLadie2000
Banned

Yeah 07's def feel stronger in cooler weather... it's just gotten into the 70's here in Fl. high 60s at night and my car feels like it has 20hp more..
Old 10-14-2007, 03:56 PM
VeeTec

Does he have a GTO now?

If it was the guy I am thinking of, his GTP was silver, and I actually have videos from a couple of the runs. We ran at the GA vs FLA GTO shootout, which may go bust, unless more people sign up this year.

Check it out, they may let some more non GTO people sign up, in the SE forum of LS2GTO.com. I am waiting to see if my clutch issue is resolved by then. If it is, and the track meet is on, I will go.

I went to Steele a couple of weeks back and the car was trapping over 104 pretty consistently, but on every upshift it was slipping a little, losing time, and I could not launch hard enough. It was frustrating. The clutch also lets out near the top now during daily driving. I hope the dealer does the right thing, or I will deal directly with Nissan of North America, as they are already familiar with my case.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:27 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by coachk
IMHO any car in Florida can be streetable so long as its registered and has insurance, since there's no inspections needed. I think other states, you have to be inspected. My point is that before you build a monster Z drag car you can register it to get your plates and then turn it into a not street legal car i.e. run slicks, parachutes,etc., but it is still registered so does that make it a street legal car. Then you just have to worry about getting pulled over and given multiple tickets. Once again my opinion is that if your driving around on the streets with a parachute on your car, you're a moron.

Since the Z's are really coming along why don't we have a TOP 10 drag setup category.I think that most of us that are serious drag racers know what a drag car has opposed to a street legal car.
TH350 and 400 can be streetable but I don't think a powerglide would be considered streetable. Just my opinions...
Good point.

Laws vary from state to state. What is common is that to get tags, a car must be registered and insured. A 9.0 second car that is trucked to and from the dragstrip could have valid plates, but I doubt that very much.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by VeeTec
Does he have a GTO now?

If it was the guy I am thinking of, his GTP was silver, and I actually have videos from a couple of the runs. We ran at the GA vs FLA GTO shootout, which may go bust, unless more people sign up this year.

Check it out, they may let some more non GTO people sign up, in the SE forum of LS2GTO.com. I am waiting to see if my clutch issue is resolved by then. If it is, and the track meet is on, I will go.

I went to Steele a couple of weeks back and the car was trapping over 104 pretty consistently, but on every upshift it was slipping a little, losing time, and I could not launch hard enough. It was frustrating. The clutch also lets out near the top now during daily driving. I hope the dealer does the right thing, or I will deal directly with Nissan of North America, as they are already familiar with my case.
Yup, thats exactly right on for him.

He has a blue GTO with silver stripes, ran low 12's high 11's I think, is wife was right on the borderline between 12's and 13's in a 5.7L GTO.

I'll look into it, I'm sure it would be a fun event.

I was really shocked by the M3 trap speeds - they weigh ~250 lbs more, and only dyno ~10-15 hp more at the wheels. I'm wondering if we should be expecting some 107/108 trap speeds (even though the bolt on Z's aren't really getting them) or if I'm just being optimistic.

Many of the (definitely) drag only cars that I see have plates. The reason I've heard a couple times is that the owners can't find any other good way to break the engine in, but I don't know if that really has much to do with it.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:25 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv
Good point.

Laws vary from state to state. What is common is that to get tags, a car must be registered and insured. A 9.0 second car that is trucked to and from the dragstrip could have valid plates, but I doubt that very much.

very true, im sure only 5% of the modified cars on this forum are actually street legal i am just curious if we need to set up guidelines for the top 25. maybe have a top 25 ALL and a top 25 "street". the only reason i bring it up is cause we gave a few people such a hard time for having "race cars" and didnt let them on the list before. maybe the "street" list, the car has to be licensed, tagged and insured. not sure?? any other suggestions guys.

my car is still tagged and insured too btw. he have driven it a lot on the street lately, just its kinda loud!!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:07 AM
VitViper

I was really shocked by the M3 trap speeds - they weigh ~250 lbs more, and only dyno ~10-15 hp more at the wheels. I'm wondering if we should be expecting some 107/108 trap speeds (even though the bolt on Z's aren't really getting them) or if I'm just being optimistic.
They do? I watched a modded one dyno 280whp (i/e). I dare say they dyno the same as the HR's (which we've seen is in the 265-270 area). The E46 M3 I saw run at the track (chip/exhaust) pulled 13.8's with a fluke 13.5, all at 102mph traps here, same night I was running 13.8's with my clutch pedal coming only halfway off the ground (I was trapping 101-102).

Quick Reply: Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )