Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

07 track results

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 09:31 PM
jdifolco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GFrnk69
https://my350z.com/forum/drag/233840-top-25-1-4-mile-times-for-tt-st-supercharger-nitrous-bolt-ons-stock.html

He's #1 for fastest time in a bone stock Z.
oh yea it was an 04 also.

-Frank
I consider myself an AVERAGE driver, that time on the 04 is the best driver. Stick him in my car and you will get a better 1/4 then mine currently so lower numbers are not to far fetched imo. My numbers are definitively not a bench mark to go off of.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:34 PM
bacalhau16

If the OP can trap a little over 104mph, then a 13.2-13.3 can be achieved with a clean pass. Good luck to the OP with future track events. Your first time out really doesnt sound all that bad. A 2.2 60' is pretty typical for most who go out the first time. Hopefully you can get that down a tad, and make nice smooth shifts. Good luck!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:48 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

He may have the best time for stock VQ35DE's, but it's not just the driver that yields great times. Remember, the track plays a role too. Racing on the track that's near sea level with great climate will yield better times than racing on the track above sea level with constantly fluctuating weather and high humidity.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:40 AM
ajcool2

I like what I see here. The Evo's and STI's better watch out. lol
Old 03-05-2007, 08:19 AM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
He may have the best time for stock VQ35DE's, but it's not just the driver that yields great times. Remember, the track plays a role too. Racing on the track that's near sea level with great climate will yield better times than racing on the track above sea level with constantly fluctuating weather and high humidity.
agreed take for instance. I believe puerto rico must have fast tracks due to circumstance beyond me. Every car in the world that runs at there tracks post insane times .Its either the GOYA or the track i say the track plays a huge role in it also.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Dave B

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
This is true. Out of curiosity, I calculated the density altitude for E-town the afternoon this Z ran. This is what I found:

2/28/07
Temp: ~44
Baro Pressure: ~30.08
Dew Point: ~17.6
Altitude: ~50' above sea level (some say E-town is actually a foot below sea level, but I've never seen proof of that)

Calculated density altitude was ~-1,100' (ie below sea level)
Oxygen density of the air was ~103.2%

If we were to correct the run for conditions to sea level:

ET 13.64 = 14.04
MPH 104.68 = 103.3

Keep in mind this is not an exact science, but it is an indication of just how much atmospheric conditions influence the way a car runs.

Also, the conditions experienced at E-town are not uncommon. A lot of the tracks in NJ, NY, Maryland, and most any East coast track tend to see exceptional conditions in the Spring and Fall hence the reason a majority of the quickest cars in the nation reside at these tracks.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:50 AM
jdifolco

Originally Posted by Dave B
This is true. Out of curiosity, I calculated the density altitude for E-town the afternoon this Z ran. This is what I found:

2/28/07
Altitude: ~50' above sea level (some say E-town is actually a foot below sea level, but I've never seen proof of that)

ET 13.64 = 14.04
MPH 104.68 = 103.3

Keep in mind this is not an exact science, but it is an indication of just how much atmospheric conditions influence the way a car runs.

Also, the conditions experienced at E-town are not uncommon. A lot of the tracks in NJ, NY, Maryland, and most any East coast track tend to see exceptional conditions in the Spring and Fall hence the reason a majority of the quickest cars in the nation reside at these tracks.
So in other words...?
Old 03-05-2007, 11:59 AM
krismax

but no matter what its not the track ,his car HAD that power on that day and thats how fast it really was. this correction stuff is stupid.

should we correct for bad gas? or a bad driver?

bottom line thats his time , no excuses. trying to explain it away with weather is a insult.

if someone corrected the other way though they wouldnt hear the end of it. maybe we can find some denver dynoes or 1/4 times we can correct and show there "fair #'s"

whether anyone likes it or not HR times will destroy DE times from coast to coast

Last edited by krismax; 03-05-2007 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:02 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by jdifolco
So in other words...?
While I agree some drivers are better than others, but people think too highly of some other members here. They're not god's gift to drag racing. I'm sure they're great, but the ideal conditions they race in helps out too. I'm just jealous I don't get to race in those conditions.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Dave B

Originally Posted by krismax
but no matter what its not the track ,his car HAD that power on that day and thats how fast it really was. this correction stuff is stupid.

should we correct for bad gas? or a bad driver?

bottom line thats his time , no excuses. trying to explain it away with weather is a insult.

if someone corrected the other way though they wouldnt hear the end of it. maybe we can find some denver dynoes or 1/4 times we can correct and show there "fair #'s"

whether anyone likes it or not HR times will destroy DE times from coast to coast
So you're of the belief that conditions don't matter then and correcting for conditions is stupid. So by that rational, say you run at the same track every time out. The only varying factors are weather and your mods. You go to the track on a day when it's 90 degree out with a DA of around 3,500' and you run a 14.5@96mph. Then you go to the track on 50 degree day and the DA is right at sea level and you run a 14.2@99. The only change to the car was adding a POP charger. Your 60 foots are the same, same shift points, etc. Is it valid to claim that the POP charger was responsible for the 0.3 second drop in ET and 3mph gain? I don't know about your VQs, but my both my Maxima and G35 run significantly quicker when the temps dip below the 70s and the DA gets lower. I've seen swings as high as 0.5 seconds and 3.5mph (100 degree day vs 50 degree day).

Professional drag racers calculate for density altitude because they need to understand how the conditions will affect the available power of the car (ie they need to understand whether or not a change added or reduced power). The same thing applies here. 3hree5ive0ero also brings up a good point because it calls out many of those that claim to be killer drivers when in actuality there's nothing freakish about the car or driving.

As for "Denver dynos and 1/4 miles", you of all people should know that dynos correct numbers for conditions....which is DENSITY ALTITUDE!!! If someone runs in conditions with significant DA and their times aren't up to par, they can simply state I ran such and such in 4,500' DA. It doesn't take a genius to understand that the conditions definitely had some bearing on the run.

As for the HR motor, yes, it's a better motor. No where in my post did a discredit the motor. I do think the trap speeds of these motors will be significantly higher in relation to only a moderate decrease in ET. The reason being a lot of this new found power can't be put to full use in the 1/4 mile.

Finally, if correcting for DA was a farce, then why do pilots have to calculate for it? Possibly because planes might be falling out of the air otherwise.

If you're going to call me out on this, at least post some data to support your claims.

Last edited by Dave B; 03-05-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:08 PM
BaTMan_4

An average Z time down here in South Texas is mid 14's (with good drivers)...it's soooo damn humid and hot
Old 03-05-2007, 01:53 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Dave B hit it dead on.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:11 PM
krismax

if you read my post you would see iam not saying weather doesnt effect HP, but i dont like the way you come acrossed. i would rather say you engine was strong that day ,than saying "your times not a real time because the DA"

ET 13.64 = 14.04
MPH 104.68 = 103.3.
Run what you run and post it if you run in 150F weather at 10,000 ft thats your problum. dont come in someones thread and discredit them.

my point is his HP that day was what it was( the real HP) and the resulting times followed (which are real times)
Old 03-05-2007, 02:20 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jdifolco
I consider myself an AVERAGE driver, that time on the 04 is the best driver. Stick him in my car and you will get a better 1/4 then mine currently so lower numbers are not to far fetched imo. My numbers are definitively not a bench mark to go off of.
Your average driving bumped me to #5 in the Top-25. I worked an entire season for 13.89 seconds.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:46 PM
jdifolco

well we can make a new category for 07s if you want then I can be number 1! on that list and you can go back to your spot no harm no foul
Old 03-05-2007, 06:11 PM
jackie chan

Originally Posted by Dave B

2/28/07

ET 13.64 = 14.04
MPH 104.68 = 103.3

your et correction is flawed, 1000' of DA is more like .13 or so difference in correction
Old 03-05-2007, 06:41 PM
kleefton

Track and weather conditions, elevation and what type of track matter a great deal when factoring ET.

That's why I often find it pointless to compare cars that run on different tracks and different days.

Even if running at the same track it's often difficult to run the same time every time on different days. Weather, track conditions vary and will affect your times.

When you're talking different tracks, conditions, surface may be totally different and your times will be affected even more.

Even tracks at similar elevation do not run exactly the same given the same temperature and air density. Some of them use different timing equipment, different ways to compute trap speed, different track prep methods which will greatly affect your 60' times, etc...

Take it from a guy who ran the same car at 4 different street level tracks and all year round. The ET would vary by as much as an entire second. There's just a huge difference with running at Atco Raceway in 40 degree weather and then running At englishtown in 98 degrees. And there's also a difference running on both those tracks when the temperature is the same, albeit not as big of a difference.

You don't believe me try it yourself.

Last edited by kleefton; 03-05-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Dave B

Originally Posted by jackie chan
your et correction is flawed, 1000' of DA is more like .13 or so difference in correction
You're right. My calculation was wrong. I must have accidently used 2100' (3% correction). The numbers are closer to a low 13.8.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Dave B

Originally Posted by krismax
if you read my post you would see iam not saying weather doesnt effect HP, but i dont like the way you come acrossed. i would rather say you engine was strong that day ,than saying "your times not a real time because the DA"

ET 13.64 = 14.04
MPH 104.68 = 103.3.
Run what you run and post it if you run in 150F weather at 10,000 ft thats your problum. dont come in someones thread and discredit them.

my point is his HP that day was what it was( the real HP) and the resulting times followed (which are real times)
Well, I guess that's you're problem because NO WHERE in my post did I say anything derogatory and I sure didn't say nor allude to "your times not a real time because the DA". And I've said this numerous times on Maxima.org, this site, and G35driver.com....you run what you run.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:09 PM
jdifolco

You guys are nuts who cares about all that mumbo jumbo the car a 13.6 and thats it. The other things do play a factor in times but its all relative if your on the east coast you run better times as does every other car. If your in the mid west the same for you maybe a little slower but everyone else's car is running slower to. Obviously if you run in 90 degree weather your times will be slower then a nice 65 degree day but theres no need to bicker about it!

Quick Reply: 07 track results