Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Fastest N/A 1/4 mile time I have seen!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 07:00 AM
daking350
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Fastest N/A 1/4 mile time I have seen!!!

Originally posted by Mikie C
Hi,
I was there on Saturday also, but with the ECS Corvette Challenge. (don't have a Z yet) We did have a stiff side wind, but that was not the main source of your "swaying" problem. I take it this is the first time you have run with ET Streets? I say this because running ET Streets with radials up front is the main cause of your car moving all over the track. You need to run a bias tire up front or at best a very narrow radial, like a 215 or so. A bias ply tire will eliminate the sway, while a narrow radial will only help somewhat. I know from personal experience how unnerving this can be, especially at the top of the track.

BTW, I REALLY like the Zs, you car is especially a BAD BOY. I had talked to you in pits a couple of weeks ago. I also raced you that day with my buds low 11 C5, that just shut off at mid track, don't know if you remember? I too (before it shut off) was all over the track, as he has the ETs and radial combo.

Another factor that can exaggerate the sway (but not cause it) is alignment. I you have lowered your car and not aligned it yyou need to do so. HTH

Keep up the good work guys, so when I get my Z, I'll know the shortest route to the 11's
Please dont tell me that Vette broke down..I thought I caught up to you... Oh well *sigh* It was cool to think I did for a week or so...Honestly if I had to do it over again I would have bought the Cobra or a use Viper for the $$$ I have invested in my Z....I am confident I can hit 11's but the problem is #1..I cant drive...#2 I am a fat *** @250lbs...So my car weighs 3530 at the track!!!

As for the swaying I called MT and found out I was running them WAY to low..They suggest 15psi and up 19psi being the norm for imports..I was at 13psi in a crosswind!!!
I also invested in a set of 5.5" Weld wheels for the front with a skinny radial..The cars suspension is stock and the alignment seems ok...See you this sunday???21st..
Jules..

PS that vette was SICK fast...
Old 03-19-2004, 10:11 AM
Mikie C

Default Re: Re: Re: Fastest N/A 1/4 mile time I have seen!!!

Originally posted by daking350
Please dont tell me that Vette broke down..I thought I caught up to you... Oh well *sigh* It was cool to think I did for a week or so...Honestly if I had to do it over again I would have bought the Cobra or a use Viper for the $$$ I have invested in my Z....I am confident I can hit 11's but the problem is #1..I cant drive...#2 I am a fat *** @250lbs...So my car weighs 3530 at the track!!!

As for the swaying I called MT and found out I was running them WAY to low..They suggest 15psi and up 19psi being the norm for imports..I was at 13psi in a crosswind!!!
I also invested in a set of 5.5" Weld wheels for the front with a skinny radial..The cars suspension is stock and the alignment seems ok...See you this sunday???21st..
Jules..

PS that vette was SICK fast...
Jules

Geez... Take it easy on yourself. With enough practice I'm sure you will improve, and 11's will be yours. I think the Z is a special car, and yours is 3 notches above the average.

I was planning to go tomorrow, but it don't look good, so Sunday is a maybe. If I go I will stop by to say hello.Good Luck

Mike
Old 03-19-2004, 10:15 AM
daking350
Banned

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Fastest N/A 1/4 mile time I have seen!!!

Originally posted by Mikie C
Jules

Geez... Take it easy on yourself. With enough practice I'm sure you will improve, and 11's will be yours. I think the Z is a special car, and yours is 3 notches above the average.

I was planning to go tomorrow, but it don't look good, so Sunday is a maybe. If I go I will stop by to say hello.Good Luck

Mike
Yeah Im going Sunday...They are having an import thingy..
Old 03-19-2004, 07:56 PM
z-rexxx

Default newbie run

hey guys I was there last week to watch and I tell I was very impressed, the mikes deff. ruled the Z's. Anyway I went back and ran my car today at silver dollar, its a stock base model with volk GT7s 19''. I left everything in including the passenger, speakers etc. Ive never ran before in my life so here are my numbers:
60'...2.2
1/4...14.4
@ 98.02mph

keep in mind I was learning lol, the lauching was the most difficult for me, I tried @1500rpm and at 4000 I got a faster time launching @3500-4000 I have video ill post later passenger had camera.