Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Worlds Fastest 350Z just got Faster

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Zexy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my book a RB26DETT is a Nissan motor.

EDIT... Wait..You know what? Let me stop teaching common sense.

Last edited by Zexy; 02-26-2005 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:28 AM
hypeiv

Originally posted by Zexy
In my book a RB26DETT is a Nissan motor.

lol thanks...

If someone took the fastest skyline ever and put a 350z body on it I wouldn't say it was the fastest 350z ever b/c its not a 350z...

in by book the RB26DETT is not a 350z motor...

Old 02-27-2005, 03:45 PM
1QUICK1

Well as far as "street", if I hear that term applied to a radical drag car 1 more time I'll puke.

Reminds me of this guy down in Texas that has a Dodge Dart Hemi, runs low 6's at like 230 something MPH and he says it's a street car.

Just how stupid do people have to be to buy into this "street car" BS??
Old 02-27-2005, 05:37 PM
bluefish

STOP THE THREAD>>>> please.

your killing me...
Old 03-01-2005, 11:46 AM
nastyZ

Blue... rename this to "the fast3st non-dying 350z streetstripcarclass that wont die!" LoL

Anyway, you guys have a bad *** car. And with this last SEMA show, it obvious you guys have made a mark in the map, not just this forum.

People should be proud and thankful you guys are taking time to share some knowledge in these forums.

So now that George joined the team, is Andrew going to continue in Street while George takes car of the ProRWD?

Rummor has it George's 350z is destined to hit 6.5 this year???
Old 03-01-2005, 12:15 PM
bluefish

Thanks for the comments.

FYI - George Ioanno is no longer a member of Performance Motorsport...

Vinny Ten is the crew cheif and team manager

PS if your in the area, we are hosting an open house Sunday March 6th.

read the invite in the NE forum..

Dan
Old 03-01-2005, 01:09 PM
nastyZ

What???? R U serious????

That was the main talk at the SEMA show. That you guys had retained both George Ioannou and Vinny Ten.

Damn, well, I'm sure things will work out just as good, if not better with Vinny.

Did George go back to Bullish? Is Vinny going to drive also, or is he gonna stick behind the scenes making the power for the cars?

Which car is Andrew gonna drive this season, street or pro?

Sooo many questions...

and yeah, we would like to join you guys in your open house, but we're all the way out in So. Cali. A bit of drive for us. Maybe we'll catch up to you guys at a track event.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Zexy

Originally posted by hypeiv
lol thanks...

If someone took the fastest skyline ever and put a 350z body on it I wouldn't say it was the fastest 350z ever b/c its not a 350z...

que le ***?
Old 03-06-2005, 09:49 AM
syf0n

The car with the RB26 motor should be considered a 350Z. Writing this car off just because it has a differnet motor is a snobby elitist claim which is being used in this instance for no purpose other than to defend a silly title which probably isn't correct anyhow.

Putting this into perspective, I would remind those of you bickering about the legitimacy of the RB26-based car that Nissan's JGTC GT500 350Z (an official company car) is NOT using a VQ35, rather a modified twin-turbo VQ30. That's right, an OFFICIAL Nissan 350Z race car using a motor (as well as many other parts) that -- *gasp* -- aren't used in the production car! OH NO! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

Advice for Bluefish: there will always be people faster and slower than you, higher and lower. This applies in every facet of life. Claiming you are the best or fastest at anything is an extremely foolhardy strategy, and attempting to defend the claim is doubly idiotic.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:58 PM
tilleys99

So basicly if i throw a 350z motor in a crx its should still classify as a crx in the racing circuit. Honda guys would cry all day long......BTW reason i say CRX is im gonna do a FWD VQ35 into a CRX for All motor drag racing...
Old 03-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Z-king

Bluefish, congrats on doing so well so fast with this car. it's great to see someone turning up the wick on the VQ.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:15 AM
7Second350z

We are all in this together. We really don't need to go back and forth there Street tire car is an awesome peice of machinery and we look foward to seeing them dominate the street tire class this season, NISSAN Baby! As for us XtremeMotorWerks we started the 350z outlaw project because of the motor. While we were working on it nobody in the industry could get us parts for the motor in time as it had to be custom made, this did not mean we gave up on the VQ we have been working on them for about year & Half now and we have one coming out in our new G35 pro car. We also have a number of products we manufacture for both the g35 and 350z including chevy adaptor plates & flywheels so you guys can run chevy trannys, custom intake manifolds, roll cages etc etc. We also stock all internal engine parts, pistons, rods, valve train, camshafts, head gaskets & much more. We are working on these cars daily bringing out lots of new parts and ideas for other products.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by InsidiousZ
I agree, Xtreme's car is not much of a 350Z anymore. It's great what they're doing with that ~2.8l RB though.
I agree.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluefish
Thanks for the comments.

FYI - George Ioanno is no longer a member of Performance Motorsport...

Vinny Ten is the crew cheif and team manager

PS if your in the area, we are hosting an open house Sunday March 6th.

read the invite in the NE forum..

Dan
Dan, is there a list of the places you are going to be racing at? You should come down here to South GA and get a run in at SGMP. Plus they have an oval track as well. http://www.sgmpracing.com/
Old 07-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Speed Force

New comer to the VQ wars.
Attached Thumbnails Worlds Fastest 350Z just got Faster-240-3.jpg   Worlds Fastest 350Z just got Faster-240-25.jpg   Worlds Fastest 350Z just got Faster-240-20.jpg   Worlds Fastest 350Z just got Faster-240-22.jpg  
Old 07-15-2005, 02:31 AM
7Second350z

Originally Posted by Speed Force
New comer to the VQ wars.
Keith, you gonna be driving it? Can't wait to get it out there that is a mod car right? Looks just like Vics car, did you buy it from him?

Carl
Old 07-15-2005, 07:21 AM
typeR

Originally Posted by bluefish
Please Read the thread, Performance Motorsport has a VQ powered 350Z, and Extreme Motorworks has the RB set-up,

They have not posted in this thread....
leave them out of this, i started this when we ( Performance motorsport, the fastest VQ 3.5lt powered 350Z) car in the world....

it has been dicsused, and i agree... we are a drag car, a street tire, twin turbo, not to be taken lightly, scare the paints off normal drivers, make a lot of noise, drag car...

But if you read the rules for the NDRA street tire class, you will see we have to have a LOT of the car stay, windows, all body panels, headliner, carpeting, ect...

Stay tuned to the drag forum, an update by the end of the weekend in Texas....

peace......

safe drive andrew and company
how light can you go? i wonder if there's any catagorie for me... FWD, N/A,V6, over 3500lbs?anything?
Old 07-15-2005, 07:45 AM
Speed Force

Carl- I will be driving the car of course. It isn't Vic's car. I know there is another 240 with a S15 front end but last I saw it had the 2JZ in it. This is a new car that has not been debuted yet. This is the first time anyone has seen pics of it. This is just some preview shots of the car. There will be lots more changes before she is completely ready. I will have it ready for the 06 season.

Keith Ta
www.speedforceracing.com
Old 07-15-2005, 11:55 AM
7Second350z

Maybe you can get it to an event this year even if it's not running of e-mail jim skelly @ NHRA sport compact and Glen woods at nopi because they are thinking of banning the 3.5 in outlaw/modified and maybe killing the class. Please let them know you are coming. Check out nopi's site we just posted a sneek pic of our new set-up. Can't wait to race you .

If you have any questions call me at the shop all the 6cyl guys need to get together and call NHRA/NOPI, I just talked to Justin Humphries about 2 days ago concerning this issue.

Carl
Old 07-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Speed Force

Carl- I will call after the weekend. Glad to see things are going good.

Quick Reply: Worlds Fastest 350Z just got Faster