Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

Drifting the z

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 08:10 AM
RedLine 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a video clip of an event I was at. Everything is stock except the rear wheels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vn7t-V0wVE
Old 05-13-2009, 08:30 AM
NyCSnEaK

Originally Posted by TheresaZ
FYI My first car was a '91 Nissan Maxima, second was '01 s2k, third was '97 honda civic ex, then the z is my forth
But if it makes you happy
Old 05-13-2009, 11:05 AM
TheresaZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedLine 350z
Here's a video clip of an event I was at. Everything is stock except the rear wheels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vn7t-V0wVE
How much so they charge to do that over there, over here its 80 bucks for an event and 80 bucks for drifting "school"
Old 05-13-2009, 11:07 AM
TheresaZ

Originally Posted by NyCSnEaK
But if it makes you happy
well they were saying that you have to deserve a 350z by listing your previous cars so i listed mine, I think i deserve it
Old 05-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Romz350

Don't worry about the grumpy people...do what makes you happy and the one guy wasn't lying a wreckless driving ticket will kill you on insurance. I had one about 12 years ago...willful speed competition really hurts to! By the way welcome.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:13 PM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by RedLine 350z
You can still drift on a stock 350z with no AM suspension setup. I have drifted mine on a closed course and it's just as good. The suspension is stiff enough and the car is powerful enough to continue your drifting.

I agree and have done it. However the LS2 drivetrain makes it MUCH easier. =P
Old 05-13-2009, 06:07 PM
2boosted4u

I just had a racing ticket drop off my record those really suck cause there 2 point here in CA and yea I know a wreckless driving will kill fer sher just remember there a time and place for everything
Originally Posted by Romz350
Don't worry about the grumpy people...do what makes you happy and the one guy wasn't lying a wreckless driving ticket will kill you on insurance. I had one about 12 years ago...willful speed competition really hurts to! By the way welcome.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:58 PM
LegionnaireZ

Umm... just another suggestion... try at first learning on some grass...

If you can find any relatively flat fields of grass that no one would care if they were torn up... then drive out there and do some donuts all over that place...

just be sure to scout it before you do... make sure there arent any especially large rocks or holes...

this will help with a couple things...

1) Tires... as the grass will not eat your tires like the pavement
2) less stress on your drivetrain, less power needed to break loose

I've done this before, just got bored and found a small (less than an acre) patch of grass and decided to do some drifting donuts... then went on my way.
but this may be just me... i dont pamper my ride, i love offroading, driving on ice, using it for a surf board etc... its exciting to see what i can and cant do in this car!

Last edited by LegionnaireZ; 05-13-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:48 PM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by LegionnaireZ
Umm... just another suggestion... try at first learning on some grass...

If you can find any relatively flat fields of grass that no one would care if they were torn up... then drive out there and do some donuts all over that place...

just be sure to scout it before you do... make sure there arent any especially large rocks or holes...

this will help with a couple things...

1) Tires... as the grass will not eat your tires like the pavement
2) less stress on your drivetrain, less power needed to break loose

I've done this before, just got bored and found a small (less than an acre) patch of grass and decided to do some drifting donuts... then went on my way.
but this may be just me... i dont pamper my ride, i love offroading, driving on ice, using it for a surf board etc... its exciting to see what i can and cant do in ha car!

id suggest against that in a Z. Maybe better off trying in a wet parkinglot.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:59 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

READ post 17 and practice at a local event.....

/thread..
Old 05-13-2009, 09:22 PM
RedLine 350z

How much so they charge to do that over there, over here its 80 bucks for an event and 80 bucks for drifting "school"
I can't remember but it's about $50-$60. Cheaper than a ticket and a raise in insurance. Thinking about joining a few SCCA event. It's about $30 for it. Still fun in a very different way.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Volk350

that video of you drifting looks boring as ***, and its not very good , we should leave the drifting to the pros.....looks much better, and well , they are much better, and actually have the finances to back the sport up
Old 05-13-2009, 10:00 PM
2boosted4u

Originally Posted by Volk350
that video of you drifting looks boring as ***, and its not very good , we should leave the drifting to the pros.....looks much better, and well , they are much better, and actually have the finances to back the sport up
how do you think the pros got to where they are now?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:16 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

^ exactly......lol..."leave it to the pros"......ha, ha..best laugh on the boards yet......

Sure and lets drive a 350z with volks cause its "cool" and all the cool kids are doing it and i get all the girls.....lets forget the fact that its a competent track/drift car........

lame...

op, get on the track and tear it up........you have one thing over most ignoramus on here..........you wanna learn and your wiling to try it out versus baby the car! So i say put forth the effort and enjoy the sport......its tons of fun and rewarding when you see the mods you put on the z work at the track.....best place to keep the car safe is on a track so go to an event with no poles or a skid pad area and have some of the experienced drivers drive your car and show you along with riding along with you and helping you out.........

-J
Old 05-14-2009, 04:32 PM
LegionnaireZ

Originally Posted by SnyperZ
id suggest against that in a Z. Maybe better off trying in a wet parkinglot.
Ever tried it? I'm guessing not, driving on grass alone will not damage your car... same as spinning your tires on grass will not damage your car... attempting a scene from dukes of hazard on grass probably will damage your car...

like i said, do your scouting first to ensure there isnt anything odd in the grassy field...

or are you scared to get your car dirty... lmao

if she's looking at drifting she obviously isnt worried about getting a little dirt on her car.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:07 PM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by Volk350

Who?

Originally Posted by LegionnaireZ
Ever tried it? I'm guessing not, driving on grass alone will not damage your car... same as spinning your tires on grass will not damage your car... attempting a scene from dukes of hazard on grass probably will damage your car...

like i said, do your scouting first to ensure there isnt anything odd in the grassy field...

or are you scared to get your car dirty... lmao

if she's looking at drifting she obviously isnt worried about getting a little dirt on her car.
lol..its not a dune buggy and the risks associated with driving on grass arent really with it unless you drive a piece of crap and dont care what happens to it. My car isnt a show car but its very clean and I dont see throwing mud all over everywhere as something id consider fun.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:23 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

LOL at rally driving the z....

-J
Old 05-15-2009, 08:25 PM
TheresaZ

Thanks everyone for the advice. I don't mind getting the z down and dirty at all. I think I just need cheap tires too. I just want to pop that clutch just once and floor the gas! But still...i guess i need the *****. I'll update you when I do it on the grass or parking lot or "safe" place...lol. More z drift videos the better, especially a stock z
Old 05-15-2009, 09:26 PM
SnyperZ

Thanks everyone for the advice. I don't mind getting the z down and dirty at all. I think I just need cheap tires too. I just want to pop that clutch just once and floor the gas! But still...i guess i need the *****. I'll update you when I do it on the grass or parking lot or "safe" place...lol. More z drift videos the better, especially a stock z

Make sure the wheel is turned either way to make it easier when you start off.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:29 PM
CircleHeartX

did she say *****
jk dont mind me

Quick Reply: Drifting the z