Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

KPRace Steering angle kit!!! SWEEEeet!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 08:22 PM
skakemokid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that fine with me too.. i can run a five milli spacer and be good.. jsut need some more camber..
Old 05-25-2011, 08:17 PM
HoomanR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the powered by max website? Is it http://poweredbymax.net/
Because that doesn't work for me brings a link that doesn't work...

Is PBM finished? And if so what is general consensus KPR or PBM? bc my lower control arm bushing failed and I can either get SPL replacement bushings or go with one of these kits to save money in the long run?

And is KPR belly up? Their site still seems up and running?
Old 05-25-2011, 08:32 PM
rubabealf

http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/page.php?5

Here's the link to PBM main page there is nothing yet on there about the Z angle kit. I emailed them asking when it would come out and how much. They responded the price is yet to be determined and won't start selling till the end of the year.

KPR web site is still up and running because they figured they could still sell kits and parts but the owner moved to Korea and just forgot about KPR also dose not anwser emails. With out his consent they can't sell anything from the site.

So even tho kits can be made they can't sell the kits or spare parts! Witch really sucks for Thoes of us who have the kits! I broke a control arm and running thru hoops trying to get a new arm is how I learned all of this.

If you daily the car I would not recommend the KPR kit there are some minor issues with it and you will end up spending more and if you bite a curb well then you are SOL!

Last edited by rubabealf; 05-25-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:39 PM
HoomanR

Ack, so what do I do just buy the SPL lower control arm bushings for now? I was thinking of getting both the lower and the compression bushings but then I saw this and was thinking different now I am back to square one lol

I hate spending money and then not being able to use the parts later....
Old 05-25-2011, 08:50 PM
HoomanR

Oh and what are the minor issues for daily?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:08 PM
rubabealf

The front lower control arm rod end under braking puts a lot of axial load on the ball and rod ends weren't ment to take force in that direction(in other words the ball of the rod end is trying to get pushed out) so they go bad often. Also if you have inner tie rods with the spacers your outer tie rod ends don't have enough misalignment angle so they will go bad. The rear lower control arm/compression arm adjustment bolts come loose a lot.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:04 AM
KTran

Originally Posted by HoomanR
Ack, so what do I do just buy the SPL lower control arm bushings for now? I was thinking of getting both the lower and the compression bushings but then I saw this and was thinking different now I am back to square one lol

I hate spending money and then not being able to use the parts later....
just to let u know, spl isn't the only source for bushings.
i installed urethane enenergy susp. lca bushings when my oem ones busted out the arm las yr.

just now replaced my bj's with ebay ones since nissan or anywhere else dont sell lca bj's.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:08 PM
HoomanR

I purchased balljoints from pepboys last week and they feel the same as OEM so far, dunno why everyone is having trouble finding them?

Yes I know SPL isn't the only source but I prefer solid for wear and tear reasons
Old 02-10-2012, 10:06 AM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know it's an old thread, but is the PBM kit available yet? I found 2011 Parts shop MAX PRO multilink - FLCA - Front Lower Control Arms With Tension Rod Set on their website, but it looks quite different from the pictures listed in this thread. Is this the newer production version that I am looking at?

My tie rod is squeaking at 98k miles, and I figured the Z is due for a nice little suspension upgrade.

What would go well with this FLCA & Tension Rods setup? Anything else I should replace while changing the front suspension up to save labor later, or improve performance/steering angle?

I'm running Kinetix rear toe/camber arms, and upper control arms. Not the nicest parts, but no complaints (maybe I don't know the better).
Old 02-10-2012, 02:15 PM
o.g.darkdrifter

http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/page.php?15

????????????????????
Old 02-10-2012, 07:33 PM
350zhr

Originally Posted by mcarther101
I know it's an old thread, but is the PBM kit available yet? I found 2011 Parts shop MAX PRO multilink - FLCA - Front Lower Control Arms With Tension Rod Set on their website, but it looks quite different from the pictures listed in this thread. Is this the newer production version that I am looking at?

My tie rod is squeaking at 98k miles, and I figured the Z is due for a nice little suspension upgrade.

What would go well with this FLCA & Tension Rods setup? Anything else I should replace while changing the front suspension up to save labor later, or improve performance/steering angle?

I'm running Kinetix rear toe/camber arms, and upper control arms. Not the nicest parts, but no complaints (maybe I don't know the better).
reading is your friend, what youre looking at is for an s13.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:43 AM
o.g.darkdrifter

I don't think a squeaking tie rod is a very good reason to get something that completely replaces 3/4th of front steering components and costs $800.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:59 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah well, I read "New parts for 350z, and Z33" at the top of that page, and assumed those parts on the page were for it whoops.

Originally Posted by o.g.darkdrifter
I don't think a squeaking tie rod is a very good reason to get something that completely replaces 3/4th of front steering components and costs $800.
Perhaps not, but I've got some income to dispose of, and plan on slowly adding more serious mods to my Z. I just figured since my tie rod and these parts are old and worn, I might as well replace them now & get something useful for the future too. SA kit is a pure drift mod though... and I don't foresee much of that happening where I live now (W Florida panhandle sucks for all things car-related).... would I notice any other benefits from the kit besides SA, or just be better off getting an LSD or coils first?

I haven't done much drifting in my Z, but did note it's lack of steering angle before locking up the wheel, soft suspension (I'm just on tein springs/tokico shocks), and mostly a horrible shitty viscous LSD overheating making for difficult transitions from one turn to the next.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:57 AM
o.g.darkdrifter

If you don't seriously drift on a regular basis, this mod is not for you. Your money would be much better spent on other things. Tein inner tie rods with spacers would probably be much more suitable for your plans, and much more affordable.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:21 AM
ZSpectrum

Pbm stuff is straight baller.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:40 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

It seems PBM has done some tweeks yet still has some of the issues i mentioned prior...

-J

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
Crap parts i see:
1. the black hex head bolts i hope get replaced........or anyone purchasing this kit should source replacing them...they are black because they are what are called "plain" or "no coating" bolts...........on a vehicle they should be at least zinc coated.........silver or yellow zinc.......

2. the nuts used - blue nylon lock nuts....ya, thats not good...they should at least be "all metal" top lock/prevailing torque lock nuts.

like mentioned here:
https://my350z.com/forum/8293580-post16.html

-J
Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM
o.g.darkdrifter

You should contact Dan about it and see what he has to say.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:43 AM
Deedilus

The PBM kit is now available for purchase ($800) for those that don't check their website regularly. Still see any issues Jason? I'm trying to figure out whether to budget for the KPRace or PBM for next season, have always loved your input on the forums. Love Powered By Max stuff though.

http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/page.php?15

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=5jgqdHwhlhs[/youtube]
Old 03-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Royal_T

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ That is a out dated pic... Here is the new ones:

Also they don't make the KPRace one any more, and if you buy used you are SOL for parts.. Just saying . I have the PBMs on the way so I can't wait
Old 03-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Deedilus

Originally Posted by Royal_T
^^^ That is a out dated pic... Here is the new ones:

Also they don't make the KPRace one any more, and if you buy used you are SOL for parts.. Just saying . I have the PBMs on the way so I can't wait
I was afraid the KPRace one wasn't around, I'm at work so I didn't read through the entire thread haha. And wow, those are outdated. PBM needs to update their product page! Looks like I'll have to order those for next season then. I want to get bored with my new tein inners with spacers until I upgrade, still haven't even gotten to install them yet been so busy..

Quick Reply: KPRace Steering angle kit!!! SWEEEeet!!