Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

got my recall

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 05:50 AM
xtcz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got my recall

so yup .. slave cycl recall .. now the prob to get the time to take the car in .. funny dealers wont do courtesy service outside certain areas .. oh well.. all i know is i dont want to take it to woodchester now (after the post) and did you guys hear about 401 ... I thinks its gonna be Brampton north !!!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:17 AM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xtcz
so yup .. slave cycl recall .. now the prob to get the time to take the car in .. funny dealers wont do courtesy service outside certain areas .. oh well.. all i know is i dont want to take it to woodchester now (after the post) and did you guys hear about 401 ... I thinks its gonna be Brampton north !!!
I've been to Brampton North once. I sat there 2 and a half hours for an oil change with an appointment. There's a little window to the shop floor where they just happened to park my car infront of. Besides watching tons of grease monkeys having a circle jerk with eachother around my car, I watched them poke at my popcharger like it was from outerspace. I've never been back since.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:57 AM
optimumarc

How is Oakville Nissan? They have a cafe inside their dealership I think.

Pretty fancy....but of course you pay for it.

They seem to be pretty knowledgeable about the 350z.

They also sell some performance stuff for it. Really expensive though!!!

http://www.oakvillenissan.com/Parts....ModelName=350Z

Last edited by optimumarc; 01-30-2008 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:51 AM
noodleman

it's so hard to find a good dealership. I've been to Airport Nissan a few times, though I wasn't impressed.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:07 AM
rzua5

I went to Alta nissan to fix my defective navi door, pretty impressed..but I suspect that they had a "little fun" with my ride while i m gone. Seriously I think i will try to add a pin hole camera in the car next time when i head to stealership...lol
Old 01-30-2008, 09:47 AM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by optimumarc
How is Oakville Nissan? They have a cafe inside their dealership I think.

Pretty fancy....but of course you pay for it.

They seem to be pretty knowledgeable about the 350z.

They also sell some performance stuff for it. Really expensive though!!!

http://www.oakvillenissan.com/Parts....ModelName=350Z
Oakville Nissan is terrible. I went to fix my tranny and the service rep said he would call me back in a couple days on the issue of the clutch and flywheel, after he talked to the service manager. They never attempted to call me back nor did they even discuss the issue in the first place. Not only that but when I went back to my car, the outside and inside of my car smelt of burnt clutch. When I complained to the owner of Oakville Nissan the service manager finally called me back, but right away wanted to get into a pissing match over why I went over his head and directly to the owner. They blamed the burnt clutch on "well maybe the tech caught a patch of ice" which was a load of crap. They really didn't give a crap about my car and basically said too bad so sad.

I had been there a couple times before and haven't had any problems though. The service had always been good, but the last time I was there was so **** that I would never return again. Although I did go there once for an oil change and when I got my car back, the front bumper was soaked and dripping water like someone was trying to wash something off. Could have been nothing though, but I thought it was weird.

Last edited by bender; 01-30-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, its a crap shoot..

However the master cylinder replacement should not take long at all. Id say 2 hours max

Where do you live in the GTA?

I used St.Clair nissan for my OC testing and subsequent engine replacement. I would def recommend them for their technical ability, however I would not trust them with my car for an extended period of time.
(bad things happen when z's are left at stealerships)

You could try them, but if you do go make sure and speak with Joe, as Peter is a total nimrod.

Joe test drove my Z, and only went 2 miles....

But I agree with rzua5, a spy camera would make me feel at ease.. and aide in any legal actions that maybe necessary.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:42 AM
xtcz

wow . great response guys.

Im in Brampton, and work in the Miss area, so Im pretty open the the burb locations. I would like to take the Z to a dealer that I can build a realtionship with so that things liek this go smooth.

i am taking all the feedback and will give thougth as to where to I am takign the Z

They say min. 3 hours to fix the recall
Old 01-30-2008, 02:33 PM
nissannx

Originally Posted by rzua5
I went to Alta nissan to fix my defective navi door, pretty impressed..but I suspect that they had a "little fun" with my ride while i m gone. Seriously I think i will try to add a pin hole camera in the car next time when i head to stealership...lol
I haven't been to Alta, but I've seen them out at track events. In my books, that tells me they're ready to think outside the box.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Reality350

Originally Posted by nissannx
I haven't been to Alta, but I've seen them out at track events. In my books, that tells me they're ready to think outside the box.
A few members have raised concerns with regard to servicing the "z" at Alta...

If some tool from a stealership were to take my Z out for a joy ride, I think I would be having a "heart to heart" with that particular person shortly after they finished work.....

Then I would introduce the general manager to my lawyer.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Spec_Tacular

You could make the drive to Barrie Nissan. I think the guys here run a pretty good operation. I am in the sales end so it's not my department but it still most likely makes sense to service with the dealer you bought it from.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Reality350

^I had a great experience at Barrie Nissan when I first purchased my z.
And if anything goes wrong, you can always take it out on Chris..

I KEED! I KEED!

Quality bump for Barrie Nissan
Old 01-30-2008, 04:25 PM
xtcz

lol . i travelled to Barrie in Oct ish looking to pick up a Z .. but the sales guy who i spoke with (who seemed pretty knowedgable bout z's) never called me back . argg .LOL . its cool though
Old 01-30-2008, 04:55 PM
toples z

any dealership you take your car will try to F u ck around. Also there are 2 alta nissans 1) at willowdale and the 2nd at woodbridge.Also its woodbridge alta that has the track car (they have a sentra SER) i usually go to alta at woodbridge. (HWY7 & martingrove). no prob so far but still would not leave my car unatended with GREASE MONKEYS.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:36 AM
kingrukus

what years does this effect? does it apply to 03 G35's with brembos?
Old 01-31-2008, 12:00 PM
xtcz

03 is not affected
Old 02-02-2008, 07:36 AM
cdn350z

I hate dealerships but i gotta get some work there like the recalls and stuff. Anyways im kinda new here and a new Z owner. As for Brampton north nissan; i would never take my ride there!! When i was there to purchase the Z i was lied too and dicked around and was subjected to all that salesman ********!! They told me that the solar orange was all sold out every where when i knew alta nissan had one!! the tried to get me in the ones they had there!! So after all was said and done i went to alta made the deal for alot better and very comfortable enviroment!! I hope there service is just as good!!! as i still gotta go there in the spring!!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:01 AM
toples z

does the recall apply to 07?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Reality350

^
Yes, it only applies to the 07's, you should schedule an appt to get yours replaced.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Asad_A203

I know the Nissan dealership must have taken my vehicle for a rip when I went to get my washer pump changed. For one; I had more fuel in the car than when I left the car there; haha.

No damage to my car; and being an AT; how much fun could they have possibly had; haha. They filled my car up as well; so all good (as long as they didn't use regular...).