Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

The Hack Job. My body shop horror story

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 08:40 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

becasue they suck
poor communication leading to less than perfect results.
poor prep of parts
good parts have gone missing more than once there

https://my350z.com/forum/east-canada...ght-now-2.html

read esp post 87 onwards
Old 02-12-2012, 08:55 PM
xjuddx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
becasue they suck
poor communication leading to less than perfect results.
poor prep of parts
good parts have gone missing more than once there

https://my350z.com/forum/east-canada...ght-now-2.html

read esp post 87 onwards
Wow. I am sorry to hear that. Did anything end up happening or did they just keeping avoiding your calls and emails?
Old 02-21-2012, 06:39 PM
zallow

I had to join and say i was extremely saddened to see what happened... I don't own a Z but I love them deeply from the very first one to the last.

I hope the story gets straightened out in your favor eventually because you and your car have been treated with extreme prejudice...

But, to bring some humor to this thread, what were you thinking? A place called DESI Automotive? Watch this video and draw your own conclusions. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VjE3NjDdfts
Old 02-21-2012, 10:18 PM
xjuddx

well I am sorry your first post on here was about something that saddened you.

Regardless of what happens with getting it resolved I am starting the rebuild when I get home next week. I will probably start a new thread to document the progress and changes.

I added an Arc catch can, setrab oil cooler and a few other goodies into the rebuild too.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:39 AM
BashaZ

Originally Posted by zallow
I had to join and say i was extremely saddened to see what happened... I don't own a Z but I love them deeply from the very first one to the last.

I hope the story gets straightened out in your favor eventually because you and your car have been treated with extreme prejudice...

But, to bring some humor to this thread, what were you thinking? A place called DESI Automotive? Watch this video and draw your own conclusions. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VjE3NjDdfts
Lol thats awesome...I love how he puts on turbo stickers and he say G-Reddy instead of Greddy. And how the amplifiers are like crooked and just sitting there, CLASSY
Old 02-27-2012, 10:41 AM
noodleman

xjuddx, did you delete the thread about having your car stolen? was it found?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by noodleman
xjuddx, did you delete the thread about having your car stolen? was it found?
Yeah... It ended up being towed and was sitting in an impound. Looks like the guy that rented him the spot didn't inform the building management. Now xjuddx is on the hook for 3k in storage/impound fees. He's going after the guy that rented him the spot. Luckily he has emails about the deal.

Poor guy has been through a lot of shyte...
Old 02-27-2012, 03:20 PM
noodleman

wow, that really sucks. i suppose at least he has his car back?
Old 02-27-2012, 08:42 PM
xjuddx

I had the thread deleted in case somebody tried to sell the parts on here. After I pm'd the mods about it my gf found the car. The mods just moved it but I have been travelling back from china the last day and a half so I haven't been able to get it put back.

The parking spot person told me to park in the wrong spot. All admitted in text to my gf and email to me. They offered to pay 50% but I am going to counter with 75% to avoid 2 court cases at once.

To add to the **** my flight got delayed in Beijing by 5.5 hours and I missed my connection. They refused to change my flight to the direct flight to Toronto. Glad to be home though
Old 02-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@xjuddx
There has to be a silver lining for you somewhere!
-I hope you get everything resolved in a timely manner and that you get to enjoy your car this summer.

R
Old 03-01-2012, 05:28 AM
noodleman

hey xjuddx, if you still need my side skirts, let me know. I pm'ed you about them.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:03 PM
xjuddx

Owner of Desi emailed me again to threaten me with a counter suit for storage fees and to say he refuses to make it right.

The vehicle being there 2 weeks after the work was done was discuss in the emails and in writing said there was no charge so I am not worried. Good thing I have kept all our emails and texts etc. Still deciding on a lawyer.

I got the car out of impound on Tuesday. Atlantic towing reduced the fees from $3600 to $2500 and I got $2000 from the person I rented the spot from so I am only out $500. So thankfully that is resolved.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:22 AM
Komal88

I took my car to Desi Auto Body Shop and experienced the SAME horrible service... I had to get my hood and bumper painted as I had gotten into a car accident and replaced the damaged parts.. I asked the owner to fill in and fix up the bumper in addition to the paint job...There were two cracks on it... I found this forum when I was trying to research this unprofessional, sad little company... Not only are there huge scratches all across my hood, the paint job was completely blotchy..When picking up my car, the paint was STILL WET... The owner took longer than the time we agreed on (to pick up the car), and still* the paint was wet when I drove my car home.. ALSO..**** the BUMPER DISLODGED from my car after a simple CAR WASH...The cracks are back, The car wash was done a MONTH after the work done on my car... I am beyond angry... oh ya, and theres paint all over my windshield... I was referred to this body shop from someone, and cant believe how disgusting of a job they did on my car...

Last edited by Komal88; 04-10-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:31 PM
xjuddx

Originally Posted by Komal88
I took my car to Desi Auto Body Shop and experienced the SAME horrible service... I had to get my hood and bumper painted as I had gotten into a car accident and replaced the damaged parts.. I asked the owner to fill in and fix up the bumper in addition to the paint job...There were two cracks on it... I found this forum when I was trying to research this unprofessional, sad little company... Not only are there huge scratches all across my hood, the paint job was completely blotchy..When picking up my car, the paint was STILL WET... The owner took longer than the time we agreed on (to pick up the car), and still* the paint was wet when I drove my car home.. ALSO..**** the BUMPER DISLODGED from my car after a simple CAR WASH...The cracks are back, The car wash was done a MONTH after the work done on my car... I am beyond angry... oh ya, and theres paint all over my windshield... I was referred to this body shop from someone, and cant believe how disgusting of a job they did on my car...
If you have pictures of the work when you picked it up it would be good to post them.

Do you have any emails detailing your conversations with him?

You should try to keep your comments to facts or things you can prove, especially if you plan on taking legal action of any kind. Regardless of if you are going to take action or not making comments without some sort of proof like photo's could get you into trouble.

I am sorry to hear about your troubles you had. It is not an easy thing to deal with. The best advice I got from anybody was to get a lawyer. Sadly in small claims court you can't get reimbursed for lawyers fee's according to my lawyer. If you do go to court without a lawyer get documentation for everything possible. Detailed pictures of the car when you received it.

I am trying to avoid discussing any new details at the moment. Hopefully around mid May I will be able to give an update on where I stand