Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Fender Rolling at it's Finest at Speedstar

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts
Thumbs up Fender Rolling at it's Finest at Speedstar

Decided to get my fenders rolled because I want to go a bit lower and I'm getting a bit of rubbing on some hard bumps. I've read many great reviews about Speed Star and I made an appointment.

Yesterday I brought my car in and the first thing I noticed was how clean there shop was. Frank and Albert were extremely friendly and did a great job explaining the the "art" of fender rolling. They did an outstanding job and I would highly recommend them to anyone that is looking to get there fenders rolled.

Awesome overall customer service
Old 04-06-2012, 03:16 PM
rsn_88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much they charge to roll them? I need to get mine done..
Old 04-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Sickboy101

Originally Posted by rsn_88
How much they charge to roll them? I need to get mine done..

120 bucks... Well worth it IMO.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:36 PM
350ZZJoe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had mine done about 2 weeks ago at Speedstar as well. They really took their time and did an excellent job.

My good friend had his STi done last summer and they did a great job on his car too!

Clean shop, professional service and fair prices.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:45 PM
4DGS

$120 for how many fenders?

If that's just rears Speedstar takes the cake for most expensive fender work I've ever heard of.

Bhav and myself are half that.

Last edited by 4DGS; 04-10-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Sickboy101

Originally Posted by 4DGS

If that's just rears Speedstar takes the cake for most expensive fender work I've ever heard of.

Yeah it was $120 for the rears. Sometimes you got pay to play but in the end the service and quality was excellent. I've heard great feedback about your work Blain it was just more convenient to go to Speed Star.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:04 AM
noodleman

$120 isn't too bad for 2 fenders. I paid about the same when I had mine rolled at APH iirc.

spotted your car at their FB page sickboy Looking good!

Last edited by noodleman; 04-11-2012 at 05:06 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Sickboy101

^^Nice... Thanks for posting up the pic Jay

Frank mentioned he was taking a few pics to document the process.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:25 PM
firepride

Yeaup, ive had several guys come to me surprised that we only charge 30-35 dollars per fender. A had a guy with a g35 come to me say he almost got all four corners done for 300 LOL.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:35 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by firepride
Yeaup, ive had several guys come to me surprised that we only charge 30-35 dollars per fender. A had a guy with a g35 come to me say he almost got all four corners done for 300 LOL.
Trying to promote your personal business in this man's thread?
-How about you pay vendor fee's if you want to promote your home garage business on this forum.

Speedstar is a well respected garage, so don't bother..
Most mature owners would rather pay for the piece of mind of having a meticulous shop such as SS work on their ride... Instead of joeblow, from down the block, who is working out of daddy's garage...
Old 04-12-2012, 05:57 AM
tioga

Originally Posted by Reality350
-How about you pay vendor fee's if you want to promote your home garage business on this forum.

Most mature owners would rather pay for the piece of mind of having a meticulous shop such as SS work on their ride... Instead of joeblow, from down the block, who is working out of daddy's garage...
When was it that forums became so politic ly run? You want to sell something you pay a fee hahahaha he's providing a service not a product.

Second that's how most shops are in japan or even Europe =joeblow, from down the block= and that does not mean there work is any worse then some shop that's bigger then that joeblow.

By the way I'm not hating on Ss cause I never had them do anything on my car but forums are all about free speech and he has the right to give his opinion.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:20 AM
4DGS

Remember that time you don't own a Z and you still hang around yet everyone hates you? I'm that guy that has always sided with you staying part of the community. But burning bridges is cool too.

I roll more cars in a week than speedstar ever has, I'm not bashing their work in any way as they do fantastic work. Also if you knew anything about the way I work you would know that I am not someone who tries to steal work from anyone(I actually send work to Bhav since I'm not in the GTA) Check my 70+ iTrader on g35driver for a vouch on that.

Also, you ever looked into the vendors permit? I have and $300 a month for an on the side service I offer is definitely not worth it. Maybe if I was charging an outrageous price like speedstar I may consider it.

Food for thought, Dream Makers in NY charges $40 a fender and they are the fender gods of North America.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Sickboy101

Let's try keep this thread positive... as I stated Speedstar exceeded my expectations when it came to service and overall customer experience. Sure I could've tried to save some bucks but I value my car too much and wanted a shop that can stand behind there work.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Reality350

Remember that time you don't own a Z and you still hang around yet everyone hates you? I'm that guy that has always sided with you staying part of the community. But burning bridges is cool too.
You mean the 3 kids that had issues with me.. they equal Everyone, in your mind?
Listen man.. it's not cool that you jump into every fender rolling thread and dump on what the shops charge, in order to garner yourself some future business.
-You can deny this, but it's clear as to what your motives are.

I am sure Sickboy101, paid $120 without even blinking, because he trusted Speedstar to complete the job without any drama.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Reality350

Originally Posted by Sickboy101
Let's try keep this thread positive... as I stated Speedstar exceeded my expectations when it came to service and overall customer experience. Sure I could've tried to save some bucks but I value my car too much and wanted a shop that can stand behind there work.
Agreed Stephen. My apologies for going OT.
Please don't hate me!

Z looks great bro.. I am sure I will see you out and about this summer,
Old 04-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Sickboy101

Z looks great bro.. I am sure I will see you out and about this summer,
Thanks Church I'm looking forward to getting out to a few meets this summer.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:47 PM
4DGS

If you knew what people said off the forums.

I have never once stolen work from anyone and I have turned down tonnes of work as I do it as a hobby and I often work for free. so what you're saying is really not going anywhere and anybody that has worked with me knows that. And me jumping into threads about rates is nothing against the shops, but if the shops are gouging members of the forum, they're really better off going to Bhav.

BTW, in terms of having piece of mind by going to a known shop...you think if speedstar ****ed up your fenders they would be compensating you for it? Think again.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 PM
xjuddx

BTW, in terms of having piece of mind by going to a known shop...you think if speedstar ****ed up your fenders they would be compensating you for it? Think again.
I might be a bit jaded after my paint experience but I tend to agree with you. I doubt most shops would compensate you if they messed up your fenders. The cost to replace the rear fenders would be too high and doing the sheet metal work would be a PITA. Front fenders are a bolt on so you might get lucky.

I can honestly say I would probably feel just as comfortable going to Bhav to get them rolled as I would speed star. And lets be honest, neither of them could do anything to make my car look worse at this point haha.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:58 PM
GT-Rob

Regardless of cost, I personally trust 'joeblow' more than shops most of the time. Shops have huge over head and are all about volume. Where as my friends and I will take the time with my car. Just my opinion since that's where this thread went.

Sickboy, the car look great! As I said about 2 years ago, your car looks cleaner than it probably was when it rolled off the line!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Sickboy101

Originally Posted by GT-Rob
Regardless of cost, I personally trust 'joeblow' more than shops most of the time. Shops have huge over head and are all about volume. Where as my friends and I will take the time with my car. Just my opinion since that's where this thread went.

Sickboy, the car look great! As I said about 2 years ago, your car looks cleaner than it probably was when it rolled off the line!

Thanks for the kind words Rob... You're one of the many Z enthusiasts I've had the privilige to meet.

This site and some of it's members tend to dwell on the negative. This thread was created to express some positive feedback for a shop that performed an above average service. Speedstar spent over 2hrs on my car and invited me over to inspect all the work during the fender rolling process. Personally I don't feel I over paid for this service and I would highly recommend them to my fellow my350z members. No need to debate costs or what would've happened if my fenders got fawked up
what is important is that we have many shops/members doing great work

Quick Reply: Fender Rolling at it's Finest at Speedstar