Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

CSCS 2013 Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 09:01 AM
timmywhatsup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CSCS 2013 Schedule

Anyone happen to know when the 2013 CSCS Time Attack schedule will be released? I cant seem to find any info anywhere. Maybe I overlooked it on their site?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:12 AM
patrickho1992

2013 CSCS Dates
1) June 2 (Sun.) @ TMP – Season Opener
2) June 23 (Sun.) @ GBM - Beach Burnout
3) July 28 (Sun.) @ Mosport DDT
4) Aug. 18 (Sun.) @ TMP – Xtreme Tuner Challenge
5) Sept. 22 (Sun.) @ TMP – Season Finale
Old 02-15-2013, 12:28 PM
timmywhatsup

LOL i just went to the website and it appears to be updated now. Maybe I had my head up my **** the whole time! Thx patrick
Old 02-15-2013, 06:50 PM
patrickho1992

haha no problem
Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 PM
bingbing

looking forward to getting out to a couple of these this year... wasnt able to last year..

Last edited by bingbing; 02-17-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:55 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Who is doing the time attack events?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:48 PM
timmywhatsup

I'm hoping to be at a few, if not all if I can work out my work schedule and get my car ready in time. Fingers crossed.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:21 PM
2TH PWR

rules should be out in a couple of weeks. there will probably be more changes to street class. So be careful with mods if you are looking to stay in that class.

The goal with street class is to make it for daily driven cars and accessible to new comers. With the rules as they were 2 years ago, or even last year, you were going to start seeing cars in street class that could run tmp in the 1:18s.

Im suspicious of tires, especially the new high performance tires coming out. There may be other changes to rules such as cats, and interior. Things that will slow street cars down and keep it with the theme of lightly modified daily driven cars in street. Modified cars and higher end sports cars in super street. Race prepped cars and exotics in unlimited.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:44 AM
timmywhatsup

Hmmm interesting. I hope they dont mess with it too much. I do understand having the rules in place to keep things fair, so hopefully I havent done any mods that will land me out of street class. The tires should be interesting to say the least. With the new breed of tires that are coming in, what ends up where will be difficult as there are probably too many unknowns about them at this point. Limiting them by UTQG rating is rather scewed since tire manufacturers creat their own ratings, but I guess you have to start somewhere.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:23 PM
2TH PWR

I suggested last year that the list start with a 200 tw rating, but the ultra hig performance street tires that will mimic R compounds should be bumped up to super street.

So the rule would read that all street class cars require DOT approved tires with a UTQG rating of 200+ with the exception of the following tires that will result in a super street classification.
- Dunlop Star Spec Z1 and Z2
- BFG Rival
- Michelin Pilot Sport 2 and super sport etc etc....

I also suggested that street vehicles should have factory cats as this keeps them street legal and limits crazy hp applications from being in street. Some street cars in the past have had 450 whp which is stupid.

And since the theory is the car should see daily use, these cars should have basically full interiors. This limits weight reduction which is a sure sign of a track car which is more in keeping with the super street philosophy.

We will see what rules they actually put out however.

But if the rules stayed the same I could throw on some Rivals and throw in my passenger seat and set some sweet times.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 AM
timmywhatsup

I agree with with you for the most part. Having cats and full interior makes sense to a certain extent, but too many holes in the rules will remain. You can still achieve weight savings even with the full interior. For example the A/C system probably weighs more that all the interior plastics/carpet etc combined.

Same goes for cats. You can still have huge hp with stock cats, but its technically not street legal, so that makes total sense not allow in street class. And then you have high flow cats which are almost as good as test pipes.....

As for tires, I really wish they would go back to the old rules. 140+ treadwear seems to be fair to me. Especially since it looks like some of the 200+ offerings are just as quick, if not quicker than the Hankooks at 140. I dont think including certain "street" tires in super street would be all that effective either. I think that would just eliminate those tires altogether. I can't see the Rivals or Z2's being able to hang with the 50+ tw tires. At the end of the day all drivers should be able to choose whichever tire they prefer be it the Rivals or Z2's or the hankooks and have at it. There will always be new tires coming out that push the envelope. It gets even more messed up since there is no standard for tw ratings. It all varies from company to company so no 200 tw is the same. Aside from dictating exactly which tires are allowed, and which arent, I dont see how they can succeed at eliminating which tires tire provide an advantage.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:01 AM
2TH PWR

I think you just have to look at the spirit of CSCS and the spirit of the rules.
It will always be a wide open run what you brung series. In that sense it won't really matter what the rules state.

If you look at OTA it is nit picky. And still glaringly unfair.

In CSCS you are limited to just 3 categories.

Street class is supposed to be daily driven. No high end sports cars. Almost no track prep. They want people to just show up and be able to get the experience.

I think if you are looking at reviews online and selecting Rivals you fall more into the track prepped category. Yes new tires will always come out. But as track based street tires are released they can be added to the super street category. At least in my theory.

Super street is supposed to be track modified cars, and high end sports cars.
Unlimited is race prepared, and exotics.

I just get the feeling they don't want total rule bending douches like me to show up with a passenger seat and 335 Rivals on 12 inch wide wheels and run 1:17s in street class.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:19 PM
timmywhatsup

Hahaha I see your point. I guess it's up to the driver to evaluate their car/skill and run in a class that is most suitable and challenging. For me street class is ideal because it is the most cost effective. I hope there is still a competitive element to that class?
Old 02-22-2013, 12:53 PM
2TH PWR

OH its still competitive. That's why so many people are scrambling for the time attack rules so they can buy the fastest street tires.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:53 AM
timmywhatsup

Anyone know when the 2013 rulebook is coming out? I need to order tires, but obviously wont be doing so before I know for sure what is allowed.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:51 AM
2TH PWR

No one knows!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:08 PM
timmywhatsup

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
No one knows!
Anyone else find this frustrating. Two and a half months before the first event and no rule book yet? I sent an email a while back. No response. I can only assume street class will be on 200 TW tires again, but it would be nice to know for sure before buying tires. Speaking of buying tires. That is now a chore in itself. Tire rack is now out of 285/30/18 Z2's and wont be getting more until late June. I could go with Rivals but would have to stuff a 295/35/18 on a 9.5" wide rim, and then try and stuff that in the front. Bah its not looking good for me to make the first event at this rate.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:41 PM
GT-Rob

Bumping more people into SS will just make things worse. SS runs nearly as fast as unlimited as it is, and if you start bumping people into impossible classes due to common things like cats, you just turned away a lot of people (the exact problem that OTA has).

The only people on 200tw tires are OEM, so now anyone who buys a good set of tires for their 150hp FRS is in SSR with you.

You will never ever have close competition with 3 classes, there is just way to much variety in cars and tunes, there is probably 20+ seconds between a race civic and a stock civic. The majority of people simply won't be competitive.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:27 PM
2TH PWR

Run what ya brung. Hope ya brung enough.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:50 PM
XChacalX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timmywhatsup
Anyone else find this frustrating. Two and a half months before the first event and no rule book yet? I sent an email a while back. No response. I can only assume street class will be on 200 TW tires again, but it would be nice to know for sure before buying tires.

They released their rules pretty much at the last minute last year , I found it quite stupid of their part.
Now, its the same story !!

Even if my car isnt ready to drive yet , Im still quite annoyed by CSCS right now as they still havent released their rules

I was thinking to stick with OTA because they seem to be much more organized than they are.

Quick Reply: CSCS 2013 Schedule