Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Anybody recommand shop that install spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 07:14 AM
donhuh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody recommand shop that install spoiler

Please recommand a good shop who can install nismo spoiler on my Z. i dont need paint . i just need installation.. address, phone number will be nice
Old 07-15-2004, 11:43 AM
jasonintoronto

a body shop that i use for everything body related is collision networks at doughton road near hwy 7 and jane.

steve there fixed up my brother's tt and will do anything on my zed that i need.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:56 AM
s2kdarren

eddie in markham works on my s2000 all the time great guy......forget the name of his bodyshop but tell him darren sent u....amazing prices and did a great color match....905-294-3366
Old 04-24-2006, 08:56 AM
StraySheep

Smile

Originally Posted by s2kdarren
eddie in markham works on my s2000 all the time great guy......forget the name of his bodyshop but tell him darren sent u....amazing prices and did a great color match....905-294-3366
Hey darren, how are you.

Don't know if you remember, but last week I bumped into you just outside CIBC at West Beaver Creek / Hwy 7.

That was me in the 2006 White 350Z with GT package.

You have a very nice S2000 and I have seen your ride a few times on the road before I had my Z.

By the way, I am debating between myself if I should put a front lip, side and rear skirts onto my Z. But I will for sure give your recommended shop a call to get a quote.

What's the name of that body shop?
Are they experience with 350Z?

Thanks.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:05 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately get a lip. If you were to choose on any body kit parts, the Z definately needs a lip to complete it's look, IMO.

Take a look at my ride: https://my350z.com/forum/media-share/184769-finally-got-my-hand-on-a-good-digital-camera.html

Before I installed the lip, I always felt my Z was not right, and I always knew it was because the front did not go down low enough. Now it looks more complete.

Good luck with your choice.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:11 PM
StraySheep

Since I have a 2006 Z, the only lip available is the INGS LX Sport lip.

I like it very much, but after looking at other forum member's INGS lip, I got a feeling that the front might be too low after it is installed.

Because I do plan to drive my Z in the winter, after installing the front lip, I estimate there's going to be about 3.5 - 4 inches of clearence at the corner in front of the wheels.

ZlleH: How much front clearence do you still have with the lip at the lowest point?
Old 04-24-2006, 04:06 PM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5.5 inches. My car is not lowered.

I'm thinking of lowering to 0.7 inches.

Originally Posted by StraySheep
Since I have a 2006 Z, the only lip available is the INGS LX Sport lip.

I like it very much, but after looking at other forum member's INGS lip, I got a feeling that the front might be too low after it is installed.

Because I do plan to drive my Z in the winter, after installing the front lip, I estimate there's going to be about 3.5 - 4 inches of clearence at the corner in front of the wheels.

ZlleH: How much front clearence do you still have with the lip at the lowest point?
Old 05-24-2006, 09:07 PM
StraySheep

I am going to bring my Z to a body shop soon to paint an install a body kit.
Front lip, side skirt, and rear side skirt.

I already called the recommended shops mentioned above for a quote.
Collision Networks quoted $850
Eddie in Markham quoted $750

Anybody has other recommended body shop in the GTA that can do an excellent job painting and installating body kits on 350Z?
Looking for a body shop that has worked on Z before because I want to job done perfect the first time, wouldn't mind paying a bit more.

Thanks.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:43 AM
gooleung

Try Velocity @ Hwy7 and Mccowan..I painted and installed all my parts there...not the best best show car quality..but definitly cheap! I would esimate they would charge around $400+/-$100 for paint and installation of a spoiler.

Oh yea, they did lots of Zs and Gs, Infact, there is still a G35 sitting there waiting for a full wide body kit modification.

Velocity autobody.
Barry
905-471-6756

Just say goo send you there and he will take care of u.

Good luck.

Matt

Last edited by gooleung; 07-25-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:03 AM
gooleung

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Definately get a lip. If you were to choose on any body kit parts, the Z definately needs a lip to complete it's look, IMO.

Take a look at my ride: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184769

Before I installed the lip, I always felt my Z was not right, and I always knew it was because the front did not go down low enough. Now it looks more complete.

Good luck with your choice.
ZlleH, I was trying to bid on that front lip! LOL Nice and unique lip. I had quote from that lip manufacture in japan before, I think they want $800 for just the lip!...You save huge there. The company and the kit call universal-air.

They just have their U.S. website.
http://www.universalairsuspension.com

Here are some more pic from their company car
http://www.universalairsuspension.co...350Z/350z.html
Old 05-25-2006, 07:40 AM
StraySheep

Originally Posted by gooleung
Try Velocity @ Hwy7 and Mccowan..I painted and installed all my parts there...not the best best show car quality..but definitly cheap! I would esimate they would charge around $400+/-$100 for paint and installation of a spoiler.

Oh yea, they did lots of Zs and Gs, Infact, there is still a G35 sitting there waiting for a full wide body kit modification.

Velocity autobody.
Barry
905-471-6756

Just say goo send you there and he will take care of u.

Good luck.

Matt
Thanks for the recommendation. I will give Barry a call for a quote.

Can you comment on the paint job? How do you rate the paint quality and match out of 10?

You sound like you are not perfectly happy with the work by the body shop because it's not the best show car quailty.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:14 AM
noodleman

Originally Posted by jasonintoronto
a body shop that i use for everything body related is collision networks at doughton road near hwy 7 and jane.

steve there fixed up my brother's tt and will do anything on my zed that i need.
I tried this place once. Their workmanship is ok. I wasn't very statisfied though. I had a big *** dent on my hood from debris on the hwy, tried these guys for the hood repair/repaint. The paint turned out pretty good, and i can't really completely complain there (i'm not exactly an paint critic...it's black, so ti's not like the paint isn't gonna match). The problem is the dent....at certain angles I can still see a scar mark from where the dent was.

Plus they didn't put the weather strip back on the hood when they gave the car back to me.

I tried european autobody to fix a scratched/dented fender. that place did an excellent job from beginning to end, and detailed my car inside and out. It did cost a pretty penny though, so I wouldn't recommend them simply because of the price.

I'm shopping for a body kit now, so i'll be looking for another shop to get that done.

StraySheep, you still going for the Ings Kit? I saw the LX kit on a PPW Z in macau...looks HOOOOOOT. Just store the fairlady in the winter or uninstall the lip if your'e worried about the winter time I know one of the Z in toronto removes his Veilside lip every winter so he could drive it. Not sure if you can do the same with the Ings Kit.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:55 AM
StraySheep

Yes, I am going with the ings+1 LX sport front half spoiler, Nismo sides, and Nismo rear under spoiler for my white Z.

I have not seen this combo before, I hope it will turn out good.

I am still waiting for the ings front lip, hope it will arrive before the end of june.

However, I am still undecided on which body shop to get all the pieces painted and installed.

I want a shop that knows what they are doing with excellent paint job.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:04 AM
noodleman

i can understand that, espeically when you're trying to match PPW.

Are you going for the JDM Nismo sides, or the USDM ones? The LX lip would probrably match teh USDM one better in my mind right now...
Old 05-25-2006, 10:12 AM
StraySheep

USDM Nismo sides.

I agree, because the ings front is thicker than most other front lips for the Z.

By the way, are there any procedures I should know when I get a body shop to paint body parts?

Such as getting the shop to paint a small sample piece to show me how it matches the car before they actually paint the body kit.

How many coats of paint and clearcoat is necessary to be considered a good paint job? Especially on the front lip, which can easily chip.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:47 AM
noodleman

i haven't worked out the finer points of that stuff yet. but i'm planning to 3m my front bumper when i get it, so i won't have to worry about the chips.

As for clearcoats and stuff, I think all that matters is that they match the colour and shiny-ness to the rest of the car i suppose.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:59 AM
gooleung

Originally Posted by StraySheep
Thanks for the recommendation. I will give Barry a call for a quote.

Can you comment on the paint job? How do you rate the paint quality and match out of 10?

You sound like you are not perfectly happy with the work by the body shop because it's not the best show car quailty.
I would say 7/10 on the paint job and 9/10 for the paint match just because I noticed 1 or 2 dusts trap inside the clear coat..and there is some drips over the edge of the kit but that is solve by wet sanding it. I think the paint match is really the best they could do because of the new and old paint issue..

If you really want a good job done. I would highly reccommend Carwing auto.
They do professional job plus you can tell them to repaint it if you dont like the result. I say this because one of my frd which drive a eagle talon went there for a whole top paint job to match the car colour. (Stock talon come with gloss black colour top). The result is Perfect!! I cannot really tell he did a roof top paint job on his car... It looks like stock!!!

I have no idea how much they charge but I dont think they charge sky high price either.. give them a call. They are at greenlane and bayview.

Good luck

Matt
Old 06-06-2006, 08:12 PM
StraySheep

Anyone else has recommendation for a body shop in the GTA to paint and install a body kit for the Z?

I am going get my kit painted and installed next week.

I will probably go with Velocity at Hwy 7 / McCowan, since they have done some Zs and Gs before.

If you have a body kit painted and installed in a body shop in the GTA, please post your comments about the work done and the shop, GOOD or BAD. This will help me and other forum members to know which body shop to go and which ones to avoid.

Thanks.