Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

A month or more for a bored out throttle body?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 02:58 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down A month or more for a bored out throttle body?

I was impressed with 350evo's site when I first purchased my car 2 months back and placed an order for a thottle body on November 1st. The throttle body is still not here and is the last thing I am waiting for before I dyno tune my car.

I keep getting delays and do not get any updates unless I email first. One thing I have to give BJ is that he does respond to emails.

"At this time we have 3 throttle bodies getting modified.
They should be ready this week." November 8th

"They are completed and are on there way back here.
As soon as it arrives ...it shipping out. " November 18th

I love their site and the products they offer, but I have to admit that waiting this long is getting very irritating. It all comes down to expectation and if in the inital email response or even better if they mentioned some sort of long wait for this item when I placed my order I would have been okay with this, but this is getting ridiculous. I am beginning to ask myself if I want to order a short shifter, control arms, gears, and an LSD from them.

Does 350evo always take this long?

Last edited by Rickdogg; 11-25-2004 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:20 PM
Mean Gene

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Good Question

Rick - I've asked myself the same thing about the LSD/gear pumpkin. BJ IS great at answering E-mails but sometimes I think he gets overwhelmed & forgets about us. I do have the modded T/B but I was one of the first to get one ( about a year ago ) & BJ was prompt in getting it out to me. I understand that since they just mod a factory T/B & there's no core swap program in place, he's kinda at the mercy of the buyers who are slow to return their stock T/B's.
Now my concern with 350evo is that I've been speaking with BJ about a "plug & play" NISMO LSD + 3.91 geared pumpkin ever since they advertised the gears ( a year or so ago, I recall ). It seems that the AT ( mine ) & the 6 speed differentials are different so he says that he's having trouble locating a core for me. OK, I'll go along with that but he hasn't given me any kind of update on his progress so I'm not sure where I stand. I suppose that if I was impatient, I'd just pull my pumpkin & ship it to 350evo for them to install the parts but I don't want to be w/o my baby that long!! At least he hasn't taken any of my cash yet because I offered to give him a deposit ( nice to deal with an honest businessman ). They say good things come to those who wait so I suppose you & I will see! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Gene

Last edited by Mean Gene; 11-25-2004 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:08 AM
DanielW
Banned

how much horsepower did the throttle body get you rick? and how much did it cost?
Old 11-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by danielwebb
how much horsepower did the throttle body get you rick? and how much did it cost?
Whao back from the dead! Also a coincidence it was on Thanksgiving haha.

It is hard to say since it was one of the last breathing mods I did prior to getting the car dynotuned. There was no baseline dyno to compare to. There is probably some gain, but minimal at best
Old 11-24-2006, 10:59 AM
DanielW
Banned

so you just did it because you were trying to squeeze every little bit out of the car?
Old 11-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by danielwebb
so you just did it because you were trying to squeeze every little bit out of the car?
yes
Old 11-24-2006, 11:55 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i noticed pretty much no change in the ported 350EVO throttlebody
Old 11-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stinks, I could have had it done for you in less than a week for less than 100 bucks. mine feels great.